Is there a command to rename your character?

Danylko

I'm not talking about the legacy name, I am talking about the normal name.

When I transferred servers, it turns out someone was using my name (It was literally a one in a million show someone would have this same name because it's so unique).

Turns out, someone I used to roleplay with in SWG decided to make my character on the server I transferred to, without realizing I was playing this game. Of course, this ended up being a good thing since I was able to re-connect with someone in the past so I'm glad for that.

Anyway, he never uses my toon's name so he deleted it so I could get it back. Of course, I don't know if there is an option to get the toon renamed (I had to settle for another version of it but still...)

Any one?

You just click on your character as if you were going to log on. The game will prompt you to change the gibberish name they gave you before they allow you to log on.

Edit: Are you saying that you already had chosen a new name on the new server? If you did, you'll have to contact customer service and petition for a name change, but I'm not sure if they offer that service.

Edited by chimunga

I'm not talking about the legacy name, I am talking about the normal name.

When I transferred servers, it turns out someone was using my name (It was literally a one in a million show someone would have this same name because it's so unique).

Turns out, someone I used to roleplay with in SWG decided to make my character on the server I transferred to, without realizing I was playing this game. Of course, this ended up being a good thing since I was able to re-connect with someone in the past so I'm glad for that.

Anyway, he never uses my toon's name so he deleted it so I could get it back. Of course, I don't know if there is an option to get the toon renamed (I had to settle for another version of it but still...)

Any one?

Like chimunga said, the only option is to contact customer support. I'm quite confident that, if you describe the case like you did here, there's a good chance that they'll offer you the name change.