How about a 5 min warning in game before you shut everything down?

kjpwv

How about you all stop being babies and pay attention to the RED15, 10, 5, and each minute thereafter warnings that gave in game?

We would.....if they happened this time. That appears on the Tues scheduled shutdowns, and HAS appeared in emergency shutdowns before. It did NOT get utilized this time, and we are making them KNOW IT.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guild Chat:

Buddy-Did you hear anything about a server reset?

Me-No, why?

Buddy-A bunch of people in the fleet are saying it will happen in 10 minutes.

Me-...without warning?

Buddy-I haven't got any. You on twitter?

Me-Ya, lemme check... (time lapse) ... 3:30 CDT. I'm EDT, can u do the math?

Buddy-It's 3:40 CDT here.

Me-Maybe they did it already? I've been running fine.

**server connection lost**

I admit the timing was pretty funny. But this doesn't look good for Bioware, booting players without forewarning. They need to acknowledge and remedy that in the future.

How about you all stop being babies and pay attention to the 15, 10, 5, and each minute thereafter warnings in BOLD RED that they gave in game?

there was no warning on harbinger so quit acting like you know something when u dont.

Seriously. We go from the Disconnect Issue Brought To You By Satan to Random Server Shutdown From Game Developer F. U. Sydewaze.

It'd be nice if I could just play my game without worrying about the world ending. If I was okay with that I'd play Xbox in a lightning storm.

Ebon Hawk player, btw. Next time let's make sure all our players are notified before we ruin their Op runs, thanks.

Edited by Malles

A warning is nice and I am sure they'd give one if they could have. They do it every other time they have brought down the servers. The one time they don't it is like you're going to come back to the game and find your characters wiped off all their possessions.

Chill out. Take it in stride. You'll log back in the game and all will be fine. Your character won't be permanently dead. You may be inconvenienced for all of 3 minutes and continue playing.

Stop acting like a bunch of entitled ******es.

I will just quote myself again. Chill. The. ****. Out.

Not sure what happened on the other servers, but on The Bastion we start a getting warning at the 20min mark and a reminder every 5 min down to 5min then every 1 min. So while put out i had to log i had plenty of time to get to a rest zone.

If I hadn't already concluded that this development team is full of a****** then I'd be surprised by this. Seeing as they've made jack***ess of themselves to many times already.. It's just one more reason they'll never see another dollar from me again.

No warning on our server. We join the RWZ, we are winning and the servers just go down. Ok, fine!

I have already lost my rating due to respawn bug. Will this be the third addition to it? :cool:

While I understand that stuff happens that requires an urgent restart of all servers, not giving your players in game notice is pretty lame. :(

I note the servers are still down, so I'm guessing several people already have their hair on fire at BW over this. So, I'll just note that in future, the big red letters you use to let people know they can transfer off a server can also be used to let them know you're doing a restart.

Which didn't happen on Bergeron Colony.

I hope everyone realizes this is a game... Maybe you should go do something besides waste your time complaining it'll come back on eventually and Bioware is going to hopefully reimburse people maybe or something but seriously y'all need to relax and go look at the sun its still there just saying lol =)!

I agree an in game notice for those who don't alt-tab would have been nice, but to cry over something they are aware of and are actively fixing? Seriously?

Indeed it would be nice. Hell I don't alt tab because of having to deal with splash/load screen every bloody time. Unlike 'the game who shall remain unnamed' I could alt-tab out of it and never worry about that inconvenience of said splash/load screen.

The absolute worst part of all of this is this. We all, everyone that plays the game, bought and paid for it! Yep, we did. Now here is the issue. I understand there is server upkeep, and that costs money, but you know what.....this is kind of unprofessional. No warning, you just shut stuff, down, I was in the middle of my class quest, and you just boom! Kick us all off the servers. So now, god only knows where my character will be at when I log back on. Thus I will have to go through the whole mission again. Maybe a 10 or 20 minute warning is a little more, beneficial and acceptable. It is not acceptable, that we pay you every month to play a game that we already OWN! To be booted off with no warning. Absolutely, unacceptable. Get it together Bio-ware. YOu've already lost tons of players to Diablo 3! Guild wars 2 is coming out, and your going to lose more. I guarantee it. In all the years that I played the first one, I never had them pull this crap, not even once. Way to think about your customers. Smooth, real smooth.

ANd just as an aside. I do enjoy Star Wars a great deal more than I did GW, and I am sure that many others do as well. However....it may make no difference to them, if you keep doing stuff like this. A lot of people in game and on this forum are coming from other great MMO's, and they are used to being treated a certain way....I am sure. You have to think of your gamers, they are the ones paying your bills. Your not even....I mean, damn man! It ain't like you planned to restart the servers at 6 in the morning, on a whim...no you decided to do it at 4 in the afternoon? Who is the brilliant Management Dingbat that thought that idea up? Really? REALLY? Hell you could have even posted a notice on the login screen for the game last night! Yesterday! I mean come on...you can't tell me that you didn't know you were gonna do this at least a day in advance. I can't believe I am this ticked off. Seriously, unless there is a natual disaster, a storm....something out of your control....we should get at minimum a 5 minute notice, and 10 or 20 is better. Period.

wall of text blinds

A warning is nice and I am sure they'd give one if they could have. They do it every other time they have brought down the servers. The one time they don't it is like you're going to come back to the game and find your characters wiped off all their possessions.

Chill out. Take it in stride. You'll log back in the game and all will be fine. Your character won't be permanently dead. You may be inconvenienced for all of 3 minutes and continue playing.

Stop acting like a bunch of entitled ******es.

When we're PAYING to play this game...yes...we're entitled. The day it becomes free I might agree with you assessment of how we should act.

I hope everyone realizes this is a game... Maybe you should go do something besides waste your time complaining it'll come back on eventually and Bioware is going to hopefully reimburse people maybe or something but seriously y'all need to relax and go look at the sun its still there just saying lol =)!

I hope *you* realize that this is not about the service being unavailable.