Why are people complaining about queues when it's early access?

AndantePhist

Isn't early access equivalent to a free gift?

As far as I'm aware, we even get the first month of Swtor FREE. I'm only level 22, but this game as far as I'm concerned is worth 100-200 bucks of single player content alone (excluding flashpoints, PvP, etc). I don't understand why people are demanding compensation just for waiting in queue...

Anyways...

Last time when Ihop had a free lunch special, I had to wait in line for like 2 hours for my free lunch... there was no complaints from anyone...

At the gym, when they offered a free massage... I had to sign up in line and wait 3 hours, however I don't think anyone complained.

Seriously, those are all gifts just like this early access.

Or do the people complaining just live in a different reality from what I'm used to; where they have to get paid just to wipe themselves after using the toilet...

Edited by AndantePhist

You are joking yourself if you do not think this IS the launch. I'm sure 90% of the people on the 20th have already pre-ordered. The "Early Access" and "Open Beta" weekend is a nice way for them to cover up their launch woes.

You are joking yourself if you do not think this IS the launch. I'm sure 90% of the people on the 20th have already pre-ordered. The "Early Access" and "Open Beta" weekend is a nice way for them to cover up their launch woes.

they will increase the server for launch, this is early game access.

WoW had same issues.

You're joking to think they couldn't have just made it so no one could play until the 20th and not even have this early access...

Would that make you happier? to not play this game at all until the 20th?

Edited by AndantePhist

As far as I'm aware, we even get the first month of Swtor FREE.

Hum, if you haven't gotten the memo, that "free" came with a purchase of $60, and a sign-up for an addition $15 a month. You've bought that "free", and since this is the case I would like a quality product. Do you think that I am someone that is in the game today, but will suddenly disappear on launch? Or another question would be do you think that the server issues will disappear at launch? If so, why hasn't BW specifically said this to settle the issue?

Here is my first reason to complain.My EGA started Tuesday morning,and I picked my server,3 days later its constant que lines.I don't mind the que wait,BUT,just now,I waited from 670 in line,got down to position 12 and get a message server is unavailable and get sent to the end of the line again:mad:

You're joking to think they couldn't have just made it so no one could play until the 20th and not even have this early access...

Would that make you happier? to not play this game at all until the 20th?

Of course not nor was it my point. I believe the chance that queues will magically get better on the 20th about as much as I believe I have force powers.

Most of my guild mates who logged on around 1 to 2pm this afternoon had to que for between 4 and 5 hours. Thats just beyond the joke. I can put up with it in early access but could any one put up with that every day after launch? Edited by Crip

I agree people are inpatient. But I do feel for those in 60 min queues. So far my worst has been 30mins. Whats QQing mean anyways?

QQ represents 2 eyes with tears. So essentially it's someone crying :D

Obviously those that are saying it's fine have not sat in a queue for 4 hours plus.

Whats QQing mean anyways?

Its something that morons type to feel hip and cool, believing that the shape of the upper-case "q" amounts to eyes with tears streaming from them. People who use it regularly should mostly be ignored as they rehash ages old internet memes as a tool of feeling superior to others.

wow had the same issue for months after launch, and eventually some servers were taken offline for three days for database upgrades.

Wow was unplayable PoS when it first came out lol... I would know, I played wow at day one.

Every few hours, there would be periods where your character froze and floated around... for at least a month your character would randomly get stuck in looting animation... over and over, also the lag was horrible for hours at a time... yeah it was bad

Wow was unplayable PoS when it first came out lol... I would know, I played wow at day one.

Every few hours, there would be periods where your character froze and floated around... for at least a month your character would randomly get stuck in looting animation... over and over, also the lag was horrible for hours at a time... yeah it was bad

Don't forget the lack of end-game, as there were no raids (yeah people they only had Stratholme, Scholomance, and Black Rock Spire, Molten Core didn't come out until later), no Battlegrounds, and exploits out the ***.

QQ represents 2 eyes with tears. So essentially it's someone crying :D

Obviously those that are saying it's fine have not sat in a queue for 4 hours plus.

Do people really "sit" in queue? Like stare at the screen at the queue for hours at a time?

Can't they do what I normally do? Tab out and watch youtube, play some terraria, watch some tv, read some news articles, browse forums... etc etc...

Beats waiting in line for 4 hours just to ride the new rollercoaster that lasts 5 minutes... and have absolutely NOTHING to do in that 4 hour period...

I dont mind queues, but I was definitely hoping to get some Flashpoint play in tonight before bed, since i have to work all day tomorrow. It was more the surprise when the server i usually play on was a 45 minute wait when normally it only had normal population.

Do people really "sit" in queue? Like stare at the screen at the queue for hours at a time?

Can't they do what I normally do? Tab out and watch youtube, play some terraria, watch some tv, read some news articles, browse forums... etc etc...

Beats waiting in line for 4 hours just to ride the new rollercoaster that lasts 5 minutes... and have absolutely NOTHING to do in that 4 hour period...

When I click 'Play', that's what I expect to do - play the game. The button doesn't read "Queue". I don't want to click on "Play" then have to wait 4 hours to play. I don't pay for a game to "wait".

Don't forget the lack of end-game, as there were no raids (yeah people they only had Stratholme, Scholomance, and Black Rock Spire, Molten Core didn't come out until later), no Battlegrounds, and exploits out the ***.

Ya I played WOW at launch and it was horrible. In fact EQ was running ads against WOW as world of waitingcraft.

Its something that morons type to feel hip and cool, believing that the shape of the upper-case "q" amounts to eyes with tears streaming from them. People who use it regularly should mostly be ignored as they rehash ages old internet memes as a tool of feeling superior to others.

Actually it comes from Warcraft II... alt+q+q made you quit the match... so when someone sucked you'd say QQ.

The more you know.

Isn't early access equivalent to a free gift?

No, it was an incentive to pre-purchase.

As far as I'm aware, we even get the first month of Swtor FREE.

No, you get it as part of your game purchase. This is not free.

Or do the people complaining just live in a different reality from what I'm used to; where they have to get paid just to wipe themselves after using the toilet...

I've never paid to use a toilet in a store. I have complained about a restroom being messy, I have refused to shop at a place because the restrooms were unacceptable to me.

Go figure.

Now would I mind being asked to be generally clean when I use the toilet? No, but you know what? That isn't the problem here either, that's in another thread. This is more like the toilet being broken, or the door not locking.

Edited by Colobulous