Oceanic release... Still waiting on info.

Humdot

So I remember way back when they first announced that the game will not release in Australia, there was a dev post soon after the announcement saying that they will release more info about said release as they get closer to the game launch. (I cant find the exact quote but I cant be the only one that remembers this?)

Well, here we are, were a couple of days away from launch, still no word. The unofficial Oceanic servers are packed with constant long queue times. The Swiftsure (unofficial Cceanic PvP server) has queues even when all other servers are on "light -standard" status, and at its worst has queues of up to 4.5 hours. It's almost unbearable especially if you d/c while u were in the middle of something and have to sit in queue again . I know you might say "just roll on a different server", but I'm Australian and want to play with fellow Aussies and friends who are also on this server.

So Bioware, when are we going to be getting this information? How long do we have to put up with ridiculous queues?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and a Developer response would be greatly appreciated.

Seconded.

Go to your local EB games store and ask them, they told me sometime in feb. Although this could be speculation on their part it still remains that you can pre-order the aussie/oceanic release...though, i think its officially a new Zealand release i seem to recall from somewhere.

Go to your local EB games store and ask them, they told me sometime in feb. Although this could be speculation on their part it still remains that you can pre-order the aussie/oceanic release...though, i think its officially a new Zealand release i seem to recall from somewhere.

I doubt that would be very reliable info...

Actually i find the whole Highest Quality rhetoric a load of BS. I ordered the CE from Amazon and have been playing Early start NP at all. And if you live in Aus and having to connect to US/Euro servers then odds are you know you will have a high ping. Mine never went above 250.

So bioware.. Don't like Aussies/Asia Pacific people much??? TBH i find it rather insulting that a person couldn't even preorder through biowares site! Talk about rude !!

I personally am confused as hell.

If they weren't releasing the game in Australia then why am I (an Aussie) able to:

1. Pre-order the game day one

2. Get into the beta tests

3. Get into the early access and be given free-run of any server on the list

4. Have my physical copy from Amazon on it's way in the mail (though not arriving till January sometime)

I'm not a spiteful person, but if I can't play this game from the release date because "it's not released in Australia", I'm not going to be very happy at all. I didn't receive a single warning or notification saying anything about it not coming out over here.

If I'm way off track here, let me know. But I just don't get it. There's been (to my knowledge) no word about any of this apart from the countless forum threads that one has to sift through to find contradiction after contradiction and not know who to believe.

Also, what's the go with the codes? It's mentioned that you won't get to play without entering your code. I got one in my email ages ago and now when I put it in it says it's already in use. I can't remember if I entered it or not, but is this the mythical code that lets you play the game or not?

I will admit it is a little annoying that people who aren't supposed to have the game are taking spots on the servers.

My money is JUST as good as you're s pal :) So what you're saying is NO ONE other than US and EURO has the right to play SWTOR? you're either a troll wanna be or a VERY nasty individual !

My money is JUST as good as you're s pal :) So what you're saying is NO ONE other than US and EURO has the right to play SWTOR? you're either a troll wanna be or a VERY nasty individual !

Lets switch places for a sec. The game isn't available in his country so he gets it through a secondary source and him and his entire country pick one server to molest. All those people then cause you to have to wait 4+ hours to get in. How would you feel?

Edited by Kricys

New Zealand Here..

Amazon sent out packages early (on the 15th) I paid for the Standard addition and 1/2 the games price for Priority International Shipment (Got mine today 19th USA Time)

Ping to the West Coast Server I am on are 150-195ms which is outstanding compared to WoW (WoW West Coast normally 250-450ms) and other games I have been on.

If you are waiting for it to appear in Oceania stores, that is still months down the road I assure you.

Cheers

Lets switch places for a sec. The game isn't available in his country so he gets it through a secondary source and him and his entire country pick one server to molest. All those people then cause you to have to wait 4+ hours to get in. How would you feel?

Interesting word to use there "Molest" 15min-4hour queues are no ones problem but Biowares in having enough spaces or shorter queues etc. At the end of the day I have paid money for something and i intend to play it for what it is worth. If the powers that be didnt want people in other counties buying the game than a IP filter should have been used. That is not my problem.

Interesting word to use there "Molest" 15min-4hour queues are no ones problem but Biowares in having enough spaces or shorter queues etc. At the end of the day I have paid money for something and i intend to play it for what it is worth. If the powers that be didnt want people in other counties buying the game than a IP filter should have been used. That is not my problem.

Oh i just find it hilarious that you guys ruined it for yourselves and all the other people on that server lol. Then had the audacity to post on the forums complaining about waiting.

It's not Biowares problem at all. The servers have a capacity for a reason, if you guys cause it to be full then there will always be a wait to get in. Deal with it until they offer paid transfers 6 months to a year down the road or until you reroll.

Hope you've been enjoying the wait. Btw find the guy who organized this invasion of one server by the entire aussie population and give him the soap in a sock treatment.

"hey guys, we weren't assigned here but it's cool lulz, the thousands of us will be fine here"

Edited by Kricys

Well I dont know about you guys but with almost 4 years on these forums watching and waiting I wasnt going to wait those few extra months to get into this amazing game.

And joy of joys today a HUGE Amazon box arrived and inside was my own amazing CE. Yes upon original info about non-oceanic release I was pissed too but I did the stress test BETA weekend and been in the Early Access the entire 7 days and ive had no issues with playing on American servers. Lag is barely noticeable. Its just like EVERY other MMO that we in Oceania have to deal with. Ive never seen the big deal with this issue. Yes it will be great really just for lag to have our own servers eventually but by then I will have several characters on US servers.

Come on guys this is a massive day and I for one am glad the wait is finally over. Game is registered, security key is synced and 6 month subscription is set (wanted 12 months but wasnt on the list).

Ally ou US people do is whine. The ability to find out which server the Oceanic community was gonna roll on was there. If you weren't in your own ego centric universe you could have established that days before EA came out. Instead, you had none of the foresight to do so, and here we are reading your whine posts.

For those on Swiftsure, we are going to have the healthiest pvp server community. 24/7 peak times for pvp action, pve groups etc.

Oh i just find it hilarious that you guys ruined it for yourselves and all the other people on that server lol. Then had the audacity to post on the forums complaining about waiting.

It's not Biowares problem at all. The servers have a capacity for a reason, if you guys cause it to be full then there will always be a wait to get in. Deal with it until they offer paid transfers 6 months to a year down the road or until you reroll.

Hope you've been enjoying the wait. Btw find the guy who organized this invasion of one server by the entire aussie population and give him the soap in a sock treatment.

"hey guys, we weren't assigned here but it's cool lulz, the thousands of us will be fine here"

Well in the spirit of this topic and you're input, all i can say is let the LOCUSTS MULTIPLY!!!!

You have a Great day now. See ya in the Queue

Or you could have cruised the forums and checked out which server was the "unofficial oceanic server" like most did and avoid it.

Some people....

Ally ou US people do is whine. The ability to find out which server the Oceanic community was gonna roll on was there. If you weren't in your own ego centric universe you could have established that days before EA came out. Instead, you had none of the foresight to do so, and here we are reading your whine posts.

For those on Swiftsure, we are going to have the healthiest pvp server community. 24/7 peak times for pvp action, pve groups etc.

You forgot to mention you also have a 4 hour queue :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.