Got brand new laptop to play SWTOR, but doesn't play the game well enough !!!!

ottslater

The problem is you BELIEVED what Best Buy told you. Sorry, I like Best Buy but I only purchase those things that I know are good. I never take the word of a sales floor flunky that probably has less knowledge on the subject then you or me.

Indeed. Best Buy employees no longer collect commission, so they know no more about it than the guy in the Electronics department at Wal-Mart or Target.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got this computer off best buy.com ---> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5176239.p?id=1218621250769&skuId=5176239

and i've been playing swtor on it and i was told i should be able to run this game on full settings with zero lag .

But i run on average around 30 - 50 fps and i experience lag in dense zones, and on the imperial fleet i hop around from 30 to the high twenties and it studders!!!! ......

Its immensely frustrating and I really just want a damn computer that is affordable and can play this game the way it deserves to be played. I need some help !

Since you have 8GB of memory, you could look into SWToR Unleashed. It places certain games files directly into RAM, thereby speeding up the loading processes. It should help to alleviate the stutter, or at least improve your general play experience.

I've been using it for several months now, and the game runs much smoother because of it.

Edited by Rhaphael

I'm using similar configuration and game is running quite fine for me. All settings are on max and shadows disabled (it was not mainly because of performance, but the way how shadows look :-) ).

Make sure your optimus is working fine and you are using nvidia instead of intel. If you are running the intel graphics, the performacne will be pretty bad.

Yet another person wondering WHY a laptop will not play a high quality graphics product like SWTOR? A laptop (unless you spend MEGA BUCKS) will always struggle! Just buy a decent base unit FFS and dont EVER take a salespersons word, dont be lazy do your research!

EDIT: I just did some reasearch, you know, IF you were in UK you could take that laptop back because an item HAS TO BE FIT FOR PURPOSE....

Edited by Redat

I just got this computer off best buy.com ---> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5176239.p?id=1218621250769&skuId=5176239

and i've been playing swtor on it and i was told i should be able to run this game on full settings with zero lag .

But i run on average around 30 - 50 fps and i experience lag in dense zones, and on the imperial fleet i hop around from 30 to the high twenties and it studders!!!! ......

Its immensely frustrating and I really just want a damn computer that is affordable and can play this game the way it deserves to be played. I need some help !

Don't play on Servers that aren't in your Continent then.

Turn off Bloom and Shadows that should alleviate your issues. I have a Sager NP8130 with a i7 and a GTX560m and it plays the game at a consistent 60-80fps depending on where I am. Fleet will always give you issues though, I usually drop into the 30s on Fleet.