1.3 BIS setups

Daellia

I see. Well, I won't worry about it too much. Considering I'm always pulling aggro despite using Cloud Mind off cooldown, i think im doing plenty enough!

If you're pulling agro well into an established fight, your tanks need to get their act together. The only time you should really be in danger of pulling is if you're blowing cooldowns at the beginning of a fight when the tank isn't fully situated yet.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're pulling agro well into an established fight, your tanks need to get their act together. The only time you should really be in danger of pulling is if you're blowing cooldowns at the beginning of a fight when the tank isn't fully situated yet.

It can happen if they've been extremely unlucky with mainhand rolls, but are otherwise correctly geared and doing the correct thing. Recklessness loves to overcome such a tank's threat. Of course, they -should- get it back immediately and be able to overcome you since recklessness isn't spammable.

It's absolutely easy to steal aggro even if your tank is doing everything right. It has to do with how bursty your damage is. A good lightning barrage right when you are using your adrenals is a great time to see aggro slip momentarily.

It's absolutely easy to steal aggro even if your tank is doing everything right. It has to do with how bursty your damage is. A good lightning barrage right when you are using your adrenals is a great time to see aggro slip momentarily.

There's a difference between getting a lucky string of dice when you blow a cooldown and occasionally pulling agro and "always pulling aggro"

I assumed the poster was saying he is routinely pulling agro, which indicates an issue with the tanks rather than just a string of crits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I know Daellia has since moved on but will anyone else be taking a look at the relics, implants and such and updating BiS?

This part's kind of easy. Assuming BW doesn't change the combination of stats on mods, then for each new gear set that comes out it's just swapping in the new mods (58-->61, 61-->63, etc); theoretically. Your relics will be the same due to the 100-some power the PvP ones have, and your implants/earpiece, well just look for the updated versions (I think when I was on the PTS I took a look at the PvE vendor and I know for a fact there is an upgraded implant for the current BiS setup, earpiece I didn't look at. Probably get into a grey area if your crit/surge overstep 35/75% respectively, but solving that won't be that hard.

And I am sure there are people still playing and working on this, some dude that's name starts with an 'h' I think still is here. Sorry I forget your name. :)

This part's kind of easy. Assuming BW doesn't change the combination of stats on mods, then for each new gear set that comes out it's just swapping in the new mods (58-->61, 61-->63, etc); theoretically. Your relics will be the same due to the 100-some power the PvP ones have, and your implants/earpiece, well just look for the updated versions (I think when I was on the PTS I took a look at the PvE vendor and I know for a fact there is an upgraded implant for the current BiS setup, earpiece I didn't look at. Probably get into a grey area if your crit/surge overstep 35/75% respectively, but solving that won't be that hard.

And I am sure there are people still playing and working on this, some dude that's name starts with an 'h' I think still is here. Sorry I forget your name. :)

I don't play anymore either, however I am still interested in the game so I'll be around.

I'm hoping to be able to get some time later this week to look at some PTR stuff and try and work up BiS profiles.

I know they made some changes to sorcs/sages designed for PvP, but I'm not sure if these actually affect the expected DPS in PvE environments.

As I don't play anymore I'd need some help from the community though, are the level 63 mods/enhancements (27) on Ask Mr Robot the actual ones that are on PTR now?

I don't play anymore either, however I am still interested in the game so I'll be around.

I'm hoping to be able to get some time later this week to look at some PTR stuff and try and work up BiS profiles.

I know they made some changes to sorcs/sages designed for PvP, but I'm not sure if these actually affect the expected DPS in PvE environments.

As I don't play anymore I'd need some help from the community though, are the level 63 mods/enhancements (27) on Ask Mr Robot the actual ones that are on PTR now?

sorry to hear you stopped playing. None of the changes to sage/sorc should affect dps at least from looking at the pts patch notes. I'm not on the pts server though.

The new gear is in AMR but with different names (Denova/Hazmat -> Dread Guard) and a greater selection on the AMR site than what i've seen posted anywhere. Dulfy.net has all the venderable gear. Not sure what non-set piece drops we can expect... but my understanding is that both NiM EC and TFB will be complementary in filling out a full '63 set'.

Hello guys.

An1 can link me a site where i can find the rotations for each 3 speccs, I find that displaying format too hard to understand. Thank you.

Well Corruption is just a healer, so your rotation is just using whatever you've got. Toss in some Consumptions probably if you're getting low on Force.

Madness is pretty easy. Crushing Darkness, then repeated Force Lightning (till CD is like 2 seconds from being over), then Affliction, then Death Field, then Creeping Terror, then more Force Lightning, then Crushing Darkness; and then it just kind of repeats. Key thing is you want to make sure your Death Mark charges aren't taken up by Crushing Darkness.

Lightning is a pain to explain (hey that rhymed). I haven't done Lightning since around 2 weeks after release so I'm kind of guessing here. Crushing Darkness, then Affliction (always keep it up but don't clip durations), then Thundering Blast, then repeated Lightning Strikes, <Force Lightning when that ability procs>, <Chain Lightning is in here somewhere when it insta procs>...... something like that. Someone that knows more about being a Lightning spec can probably correct me in there, but that's a place to start from.

As 1.4 is coming out - I know a lot of sorcs are trying to put in the last ditch efforts to min max. As I don't believe it has been explicitly spelled out, I have put together a list based on the pieces laid out on the initial post - based around the madness spec. From there, there's only slight modifications to achieve BiS for the other 2 specs. This gear set assumes full 26 armorings in all pieces, full epic augments, and a 41 power crystal.

Madness:

Mods:

Aptitude 26: 6

Mettle 26: 2

Enhancements:

Adept 26: 3

Battle 26: 2

Insight 26: 1

Lightning Spec BiS from Madness BiS

Adept 26 --> Quick Savant 26

Battle 26 --> Quick Savant 26

Hybrid Spec BiS from Madness BiS

Adept 26 --> Battle 26

Adept 26 --> Insight 26

As 1.4 is coming out - I know a lot of sorcs are trying to put in the last ditch efforts to min max. As I don't believe it has been explicitly spelled out, I have put together a list based on the pieces laid out on the initial post - based around the madness spec. From there, there's only slight modifications to achieve BiS for the other 2 specs. This gear set assumes full 26 armorings in all pieces, full epic augments, and a 41 power crystal.

Madness:

Mods:

Enhancements:

Adept 26 --> Battle 26

Adept 26 --> Insight 26

Here is the BIS I've found for TK/Lightning

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/d5dd088b-07ab-4d65-bde8-46bb1030ccb0

It has

Mettle Mod: x3

Aptitude Mod: x5

Adept Enhancement: x3

Insight Enhancement: x2

Quick Savant: x1

Total UN-buffed stats: Willpower - 2092, Power - 999, Crit - 220, Surge - 240, Alacrity - 360

• 3 weeks later...

Madness:

Mods:

Enhancements:

Adept 26 --> Battle 26

Adept 26 --> Insight 26

I have a question, how would you change this, if at all, for pvp? Like would you use an expertise crystal instead of power, or would you emphasize crit chance and crit power more?

I'm sorry, I don't really focus much on pvp. I would imagine it translates rather well for maximizing single target dps in a plant and burn situation. I can't speak for all of the other variables related to PVP. Edited by Zypyst

• 1 month later...

Ok I am bumping this up for new BiS discussions for PVP for a full madness sorc.

Just looking to min/max with 63 mods for max dps.

I see above the BiS is listed for PVE

Just looking for a good AMR profile to go off of since I absolutely do not want to purchase something that is incorrect and have to regrind.

Any help would be amazing

• 2 months later...