Collectors Edition pain and bitterness

Midnight

You can buy the CE whenever, not only 6 months ago.

To OP, I too feel that there isn't enough quality in the collectors to justify the cost, what you get physically cost EA buttons to produce, and the ingame content that you gain is just useless fluff.

I know that, that's why I asked ;)

though I didn't read his posts clearly. he stated he preordered it.

oh, and since you people don't seem to get why a collector's edition is called that: it will eventually no longer be produced (who knows when, I have a 'limited edition collector's edition for FFXIV and you can still get those for about 20€ now... lol) ... it's either for people who really, really really want the shinies in their house - or people who count for them to be worth a lot more eventually (especially for a star wars product)

also I can assure you that a gentle giant figure does NOT cost EA 'pennies' even if it's produced in China

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesuschristmonkeyballz....not this thread again. use the frakkin search function. there's one of these threads every week. waaaah waaaah waaaaah the CE vendor doesn't have enough cool stuff.

Go to your room!

NOW!!

While I didn't buy this edition, I think had I spent that amount on it, I would also be terribly dissapointed in myself for having done so. It's certainly not worth the money.

Edited by RikHar

To be perfectly clear, you read the same description. You read into the description differently. Your interpretation was based on personal wishes. His was based on official information, which came after pre-orders were made available.

Opinions can differ, sure, but some are more legitimate and founded than others.

Quoted for truth.

Nobody, least of all Bioware, is responsible for people distorting and projecting their desires onto a product and then complaining that their distortions and projections do not come to pass.

Buying the boxed CE for the vendor in game was a mistake on the part of the OP. Simple as that. If you are interested in digital content, buy digital products NOT boxed hardcopy products with other advertized collectors edition content.

AND.... Bioware did just patch new content into the CE vendor. Now that adaptive armor is patched in, the CE vendor is a excellent source for low cost orange modable gear for you and your companions. All that orange gear on the CE vendor is adaptive armor and way cheaper in credits then anything you will find on the GTN, and usable at level 9.

Edited by Andryah

Just make the CE and DDE mount scale to lvl 3 speeder speed.. Then put it in the CE and DDE vendor.. That would be awsome!!

As for everything else.. I am perfectly happy with the CE.. I bought two of them.. One for my wife and one for myself.. Darth Malgus guards my computer desk quite well.. Nobody has messed with it since it was put in his charge.. Now if I can just figure out who the fingers belong to.. :D

I have the Digital Edition but it didn't come with the Security Key Store.

I think (other then CE) we have to buy the key separate.

To the OP:

I think in time they will add more to the CE vender. The game is still only 7 months old.

As one who bought the Digital edition, and didn't get all the other cool bits like Malgus, the journal etc. etc. I made the wrong choice. Next time, its the CE edition.

Yea... I was relying more on the digital edition vendor for some extras, but wow... he has one speeder for 1 Mill and the vendor himself can barely be found. lol. I laugh because clearly since we didn't get the extras in the CE edition, we got screwed.

Digital Edition owners have a better case than the OPs in my humble opinion.

darth malgus man,darth maglus!its an awesome statue...

i like using the holodancer to confuse people,cause you spawn it,and it stays in place for up to a minute,the speeder is quite nice since its free,has the 90% speed boost,which normally would be a long way off by lvl 25 when you can use it

the flare gun is kind of cool too....the camera makes for panoramic screenshot taking(if thats the right word to describe it)

also on the empire side you can get the imperial trooper adaptive armor from the ce vendor,which is completely awesome,especially on the imperial agent

Go to your room!

NOW!!

While I didn't buy this edition, I think had I spent that amount on it, I would also be terribly dissapointed in myself for having done so. It's certainly not worth the money.

Well i bought the CE for me and my wife. These threads have been coming out almost every week since the game has been out. BW has never stated specifically how often the CE store would be updated. Everyone that complains created an expectation and assumed it would happen the way THEY wanted it to happen and had no clue what BW's priorities are. Well we all know what happens when you assume.

It's obvious the CE vendor is on the bottom of the list because they have to satisfy the majority of players and not worry about updating 1 vendor with fluff items that is only accessible by a minority of players. As a player that wants the game to succeed i would rather BW focus on adding more features and content to make the game better as a whole. The players that complain about the store not getting updated just show how selfish they are and truly do not care about the game improving.

BTW this CE has more stuff in it than 95% of games to include the mighty WoW, yet i've never heard so much complaining about how they feel gipped by getting the CE.

As for your comment that i bolded above what a person finds "worth the money" is subjective to the individual. I feel buying the CE was totally worth the money and so does my wife. if it's not "worth" it to you then that's your opinion and personally your opinion doesn't mean squat to me.

now YOU may go to your room.

Edited by SarinTabun

I just want to post and say how disappointed and truely ripped off I feel for having spent $150 to buy the collectors edition. The main reason that I did it was for the exclusive collectors edition vendor which was supposed to have some sweet loot only available to those who have the CE. That vendor is horrible.. IT he like 5 things on it and not one of them is any good.

Really I mean the statue is cool I guess but what did we really get? It was a real waste of money and Im bitter about that. Just wanted to vent

http://peanutsmassacre.ytmnd.com/

This is what I envision when I read your title.

Well i bought the CE for me and my wife. These threads have been coming out almost every week since the game has been out. BW has never stated specifically how often the CE store would be updated. Everyone that complains created an expectation and assumed it would happen the way THEY wanted it to happen and had no clue what BW's priorities are. Well we all know what happens when you assume.

It's obvious the CE vendor is on the bottom of the list because they have to satisfy the majority of players and not worry about updating 1 vendor with fluff items that is only accessible by a minority of players. As a player that wants the game to succeed i would rather BW focus on adding more features and content to make the game better as a whole. The players that complain about the store not getting updated just show how selfish they are and truly do not care about the game improving.

BTW this CE has more stuff in it than 95% of games to include the mighty WoW, yet i've never heard some much complaining about how they feel gipped by getting the CE.

As for your comment that i bolded above what a person finds "worth the money" is subjective to the individual. I feel buying the CE was totally worth the money and so does my wife. if it's not "worth" it to you then that's your opinion and personally your opinion doesn't mean squat to me.

now YOU may go to your room.

your are like,wise dude...you should make your teachings availible to these folk that need to know more about how things go in developement cycles

I just want to post and say how disappointed and truely ripped off I feel for having spent $150 to buy the collectors edition.

You had access to information about exactly what you will get in the collector's edition, therefore were not ripped off. How you feel is your own business and you can't blame anyone but yourself for that.

Instead of saying "I feel cheated", you could say "When will the CE vendor get some love?"

;)

Yeah it should! I am a little disappointed with it myself, they said weapons and gear with alternative looks...but other than the vendor I like my CE purchase.

I got the CE, and not once have I regretted the decision. I got:

A cool Darth Malgus statue to display.

A cool Galaxy Map to hang up.

A Security Key that unlocks a shop and makes my account impenetrable.

A Speeder, a Pet, and some Social Items.

A book that sheds some light on the games background.

The Game itself.

I think I covered it all. Not a bad bargain, 150 for all that, if you ask me. :rak_03:

People seem to also easily forget that a decent chunk of the CE's cost is also the statue- You never really get anything " free" with it . Sure you get SOME stuff other players cant get in game, but you got a discounted ministatue and security key also bundled in that package.

I got the CE, and not once have I regretted the decision. I got:

A cool Darth Malgus statue to display.

A cool Galaxy Map to hang up.

A Security Key that unlocks a shop and makes my account impenetrable.

A Speeder, a Pet, and some Social Items.

A book that sheds some light on the games background.

The Game itself.

I think I covered it all. Not a bad bargain, 150 for all that, if you ask me. :rak_03:

I bought 2 of them so I knew exactly what I was getting. However, I don't think I would ever describe it as a 'bargain'. It's funny how people thesedays have convinced themselves paying $150 for a CE is good value. WoW did far better CE's and for significantly lower prices. The trend seems to be continuing with the CE for GW2 being well over $100 again, although in that case you never have to pay subscription fees so it could be said to be better value.

Edited by Cordelia

I bought 2 of them so I knew exactly what I was getting. However, I don't think I would ever describe it as a 'bargain'. It's funny how people thesedays have convinced themselves paying $150 for a CE is good value. WoW did far better CE's and for significantly lower prices. The trend seems to be continuing with the CE for GW2 being well over $100 again, although in that case you never have to pay subscription fees so it could be said to be better value.

You can't really be serious can you? If you consider WoW CE's to be far better you have low standard's.

The WoW CE's have all been pretty much the same:

Art Book

Map or Mousepad

in-game pet

sound track

behind the scenes dvd

You're saying that stuff is better than what came in the TOR CE???? This can't be real life.

To be perfectly clear, you read the same description. You read into the description differently. Your interpretation was based on personal wishes. His was based on official information, which came after pre-orders were made available.

Opinions can differ, sure, but some are more legitimate and founded than others.

Umm no. WE didnt read the same description. I guess you didnt read my posts did you? Not going to waste my time finding the original post where what I read was linked to, and which was clearly different than the article 3 months later that he linked.

You can't really be serious can you? If you consider WoW CE's to be far better you have low standard's.

The WoW CE's have all been pretty much the same:

Art Book

Map or Mousepad

in-game pet

sound track

behind the scenes dvd

You're saying that stuff is better than what came in the TOR CE???? This can't be real life.

Totally serious, especially as they are practically half the price of the ToR one. Even though I bought 2 of the ToR CE's (one for a friend), I consider them extremely overpriced for what you get. I can't believe we have been fooled into thinking $150 for a CE is the new norm.

Totally serious, especially as they are practically half the price of the ToR one. Even though I bought 2 of the ToR CE's (one for a friend), I consider them extremely overpriced for what you get. I can't believe we have been fooled into thinking $150 for a CE is the new norm.

How is anyone fooled? you know what you are getting when you buy it? it's not like they spring the price on you after you purchase and if you can't see why it costs 150 vs what a WoW CE costs then your perception skills are not the best.

I feel ripped off because I wanted it, but was told it was sold out every place I tried to preorder it. I was also lead to believe that it was a limited number so no way would I get one at that point unless I got one from a person. So I ordered the next level. I don't have access to the one Vender that has the Black Imperial armor on it. That's the one item I really want now and can't get it. I seen that collectors pack all the time now and it ticks me off. I hope to catch one on clearance sometime cheap. I eventually got a SE edition for galaxies but it took a long time.