Are you mocking us?

GizmoBill

I come home from a tiresome day of work to have some fun playing this game just to find it full of bugs and bs.

In warzones the lag spikes are horrid, I loose most of them because this, trying to open doors in voidstar and throwing balls in the pit, not to mention the imbalance between classes.. and NO, it's not about teamplay cause that is not balanced either.

Yesterday not even the chat was working.. seriously I demand to see your unit tests!

OP I'd recommend that while you use the forums to come and vent and its absolutely your right to do so, while you are at it add some details and a more in depth explanation of what specifically are the problems. It will 1) serve as an outlet for your rage which is probably justified and 2) the people working for the forums can copy paste and forward to the people that do that thing that make your thing do the thing it suppose to do so you can be happier playing with your thing in w/e thing you were doing. Perhaps also opening the thread in bug report section so the correct ppl read it.

Edited by Kuwagtx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it IS fun to feed the mis-spelling troll.

Also,so people don't whine that I am off-topic : There are NO problems with the game on my end it is probably your computers/internet(I can imagine the servers failing too,though.).

But it IS fun to feed the mis-spelling troll.

Also,so people don't whine that I am off-topic : There are NO problems with the game on my end it is probably your computers/internet(I can imagine the servers failing too,though.).

pffft it is NEVER EVER on the players end... they all have super computers that rival those used at Langley or NASA and they are also all professional programmers and IT techs ;)

Edited by Liquidacid

I come home from a tiresome day of work to have some fun playing this game just to find it full of bugs and bs.

In warzones the lag spikes are horrid, I loose most of them because this, trying to open doors in voidstar and throwing balls in the pit, not to mention the imbalance between classes.. and NO, it's not about teamplay cause that is not balanced either.

Yesterday not even the chat was working.. seriously I demand to see your unit tests!

Quit your job and find a purpose in life. It will make you less grumpy, trust me :)

I have zero lag in the game(other than that chat lag we had the other day), but I have heard others on the server complaining about it.

I tried to help them by getting them to do a trace route to the server. . .but guess what. . .there are no ip adresses/hostnames available for the servers! Which is just silly.

Good luck trying to find out what's causing your lag, Bioware doesn't seem to want to give out that information.

Aw, don't be bitter.

Get yourself a tutor, get your GED, then join us when you're ready.

a tutor? I took my GED test so ****-face drunk I blacked out and still passed with flying colors... if he can scribble his name on a scantron sheet he's got one

Aw, don't be bitter.

Get yourself a tutor, get your GED, then join us when you're ready.

This goes out to all the "wonderful people" that keep replying completely off topic:

My native language is not English, and I don't really care about you GED or whatever senseless tests you got in your country to make you feel important. And furthermore I don't want to join you.

I have zero lag in the game(other than that chat lag we had the other day), but I have heard others on the server complaining about it.

I tried to help them by getting them to do a trace route to the server. . .but guess what. . .there are no ip adresses/hostnames available for the servers! Which is just silly.

Good luck trying to find out what's causing your lag, Bioware doesn't seem to want to give out that information.

On the other hand, this, the forum, is usually the last place I try to solve my issues, since it's full of i:Di:eek:ts, so..

the ips you can traceroute to are these (quoted from a recent support email)

> If you play on a East Coast server: tracert 159.153.92.28

> If you play on a West Coast server: tracert 159.153.68.252

> If you play on a European server: tracert 159.153.72.252

they also asked me for a dxdiag a client log and a launcher log.. I hope they get back to me soon

This goes out to all the "wonderful people" that keep replying completely off topic:

My native language is not English, and I don't really care about you GED or whatever senseless tests you got in your country to make you feel important. And furthermore I don't want to join you.

my english isnt terribly good either...one thing that is annoying for me is,getting the craving for some lightly salted fish with a cup of paprika on it..logging out to avoid the afk logout timer getting me,then finish eating,then log back on,only to find it takes forever for the planets to load

my english isnt terribly good either...one thing that is annoying for me is,getting the craving for some lightly salted fish with a cup of paprika on it..logging out to avoid the afk logout timer getting me,then finish eating,then log back on,only to find it takes forever for the planets to load

yes true, but they promised to optimize the game on the next patch or expansion, soon. What worries me the most is that the last 2 days we didn't have a queue on login in the evening, which means the player count is dropping, might be that it's the middle of the week also.

Edited by GizmoBill

yes true, but they promised to optimize the game on the next patch or expansion, soon. What worries me the most is that the last 2 days we didn't have a queue on login in the evening, which means the player count is dropping, might be that it's the middle of the week also.

So that's what no queuing means.. dooooh silly me... and there I was thinking they were busy implemtning things like higher server caps, more instances etc etc... but there ya have it.. the numbers are dropping peeps, tomorrow the sky will fall as well.

For your info Red Eclipse doesn't seem to be following your assumptions, in fact I am seeing extra instances and increased pops across them... b ut I dare say once the xfers and 1.3 hype have shallowed the numbers will fall until the next update.

On a side note there have been some weird things happening since 1.3... objects not activating, Datacrons with n o icons, the old speeder bike graphic issue making you run like John Wayne on a donkey, WZ glitching... but then again 1.3 was just like every other patch to date and requires patches to fix the patches that patched the patches that patched the issues that materialised after the update was implemented.... nothing that countless maintenance windows wont iron out beofre 1.4 lands... ya see the pattern too I can tell :)

Edited by Bloodstealer

They don't do unit tests anymore. They just throw stuff on the test server and hope for the best.

This is already a horrible way of testing, but it's even worse because they don't even fix the stuff we report on testcenter, lol.

They don't do unit tests anymore. They just throw stuff on the test server and hope for the best.

This is already a horrible way of testing, but it's even worse because they don't even fix the stuff we report on testcenter, lol.

well I wouldn't say horrible, regression testing has a good purpose, always good to have for future mistakes...

So that's what no queuing means.. dooooh silly me... and there I was thinking they were busy implemtning things like higher server caps, more instances etc etc... but there ya have it.. the numbers are dropping peeps, tomorrow the sky will fall as well.

For your info Red Eclipse doesn't seem to be following your assumptions, in fact I am seeing extra instances and increased pops across them... b ut I dare say once the xfers and 1.3 hype have shallowed the numbers will fall until the next update.

On a side note there have been some weird things happening since 1.3... objects not activating, Datacrons with n o icons, the old speeder bike graphic issue making you run like John Wayne on a donkey, WZ glitching... but then again 1.3 was just like every other patch to date and requires patches to fix the patches that patched the patches that patched the issues that materialised after the update was implemented.... nothing that countless maintenance windows wont iron out beofre 1.4 lands... ya see the pattern too I can tell :)

might be higher caps, I didn't follow any news on this though

Yes. Yes, they are mocking us. They make a crappy game, and then they don't even have the decency to make it work right.

it's not crappy, I still play it, although the bugs make me throw stuff out the window, being a temperamental guy..

I'd like anyone that experiences lag spikes that manifest in this way (described below) to tell me what gfx card he owns.

how it happens on my side in warzones is like:

for a time span of 10-15 seconds I get an alternating combination of the whole image being stuck for 1-2 seconds, then animated for 1-2, to end up finally being positioned somewhere else that I was supposed to be with my character.