Legacy Missions

JayPres

Has any thought been put into creating missions specifically for legacy characters? Here's the idea.

My main/alt uncovers a random object that is of significance to Republic/Empire and that sets random alts on missions with a singular focus.

The catch is that completing these missions grants legacy xp (only) but would include common locations like Karraga's Palace, Belsavis, Hoth, Alderaan etc. Completing the missions can also grant/unlock legacy perks.

• 5 months later...

I had the idea where you meet characters from your legacy in the legacy missions, so your Jedi knight is who you are playing and you meet you Sith inquisitor who could be the boss at the end of the mission. you know the PvP system, that boosts lvl 10 so they can face off against lvl 50s put that system in place so that your lvl 10 SI can face your lvl 40 JK

and there you go, legacy missions =D

I had the idea where you meet characters from your legacy in the legacy missions, so your Jedi knight is who you are playing and you meet you Sith inquisitor who could be the boss at the end of the mission. you know the PvP system, that boosts lvl 10 so they can face off against lvl 50s put that system in place so that your lvl 10 SI can face your lvl 40 JK

Actually, its facing level 49s.....not 50s.

• 3 months later...

are you kiding thats sumtin i thought to

I've had a "Legacy Mission" idea very similar to this as well. Instead of relying only on huge expansions like makeb and pve operations to progress the "story driven" experience, relatively short yet engaging missions could be unlocked by reaching a certain legacy level or winning an achievement. Doing this could add a lot of depth to the game, and story content would take longer for players to burn through since legacy takes a significant amount of time to accumulate. The philosophy behind the idea is that the less time players have to wait on developers to make story content, the better of a state the game will be in. Here are some possible examples to help briefly illustrate the idea:

Level Unlock: After reaching Legacy Level 15, The Jedi Consular must convene with the Jedi Council to discuss a recent archaeological find on Tython and the missing padawans who discovered it.

Achievement Unlock: After completing an achievement for your 100th Warzone win, you are shocked to discover a Holocall from none other than Supreme Commander Malcolm who brings urgent news of an imminent battle to defend an important Republic mining colony.

Crew Skills: After completing your XHundredth underworld trading mission, you discover that one of your companions was captured while delivering contraband to the SIS or Diplomatic Service on the planet Voss. it then falls to the player to provide legal defense for your companion before the Three.

Cartel Pack Unlock/Random Event: Much to the player's surprise, they discover a Dented Exotic Crate in a contraband pack. Upon opening the item, a holocall comes from either a companion or your ship droid requesting your immediate assistance with new cargo that was just loaded on board your ship. Upon entering your ship, you discover that the entire deck is completely overrun with Gizka! Like the rakghoul event, you can pick up a Gizka, throw it at another player, and it will follow them and dance for a little bit before dying. You complete the quest by either poisoning the Gizka on your ship, or by "delivering" them to a handful of potential buyers throughout the galaxy.

That's the idea in a nutshell using some quick examples I made up on the spot or borrowed from KOTOR, but there's much, much more, that could be done with it. I think something along the lines of Legacy Missions could really do wonders for the "story driven" experience in between major Chapters.

Another thing to add depth is to make Legacy missions repeatable, perhaps by interacting with a "Holo Log" on your ship. When interacting with the Log, it would open up a record of all of the legacy missions you've done, and act as an initial questgiver for that repeated mission. You could then attach achievements to completing a mission a particular way---like soloing a 2+ mission, killing a boss without disabling its room's autoturrets--- or by making a particular conversation choice. Perhaps the outcome of the mission is different based on which achievements you successfully complete?

Edited by Obianon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.