Who gets your MVP vote?

Carcarah

The person with the most objective points usually, unless I witnessed something during the game; a turning point, or reason we won.

This. Pay attention to the ones pulling off the best stuff for the team, not just the numbers. but yeah, if the match sucked its either healer or the one with the highest protection

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person with the most objective points usually, unless I witnessed something during the game; a turning point, or reason we won.

Either this or the poor soul who actually defended a node that saw little to no action the entire game.

As a scoundrel healer i usually always get MVP, about at least 2 in a match, but i also pull a lot of heals, 400-600k in voidstar, elsewhere about 200-400k+

but it really doesnt take a lot of skill to pull a lot of heal, if you are not focused and hide somewhere, and spam AoE heal you can get that 300k ++

And so as a healer i put my vote usually to #1 DPS or #1 Protection, sometimes i see players who pull the whole match to win, like some sentinels get a turrent in civil war or something when we are losing, then they get that, but if its a random boring match a win or a lose then its either DPS or protection

Huttball is always an interesting one, when voting for MVP. Often, those instrumental in a Huttball win may not get the votes as they do not top the Healing, Damage, Medals, or "Objective" lists - Whilst those topping the lists, and obtaining MVPs galore, may have been instrumental in a loss through poor play.

In other WZs I generally do this:-

(1) If one player has gone out of his or her way to do whatever he or she can to achieve victory he or she gets my vote. I am not talking about being pushy here. I am talking about being wise to the objectives of the Warzone and helping the team achieve those objectives. That may mean organising peeps at the start, and offering suggestions during the event.

(2) I will generally vote for the person that I felt was instrumental in the victory, if I happen to spot it! For example, someone managing to get a very important defuse done in Voidstar etc.

(3) If no-one shines out I will vote for the Highest Healer. If I happen to be the highest healer, I will vote for the player who achieved the most damage.

Edited by matzackjones

Step 1. Sort by Healing and check top healer for team. If it is less than 250k proceed to step 2 otherwise MVP vote goes to top heals.

Step 2. Sort by Objective and check top for team. If it is less than 1000 proceed to step 3 otherwise MVP vote goes to top objective.

Step 3. Vote for Friend. If no friend, proceed to step 4.

Step 4. Random or Protection

You will notice that at no point do I check Damage Done, Kills, or Deaths.

Those are all irrelevant to marginal in objective based gameplay.

If PvPing with Guildies we vote eachother.

If I'm PuGing, generally top healer - unless I saw them padding their stats.

Sometimes I do throw some love to tanks if they have more than 50k protection because that allowed the healer to keep us on our feet.

If Huttball, the person I witnessed contribute most to the team win or lose.

1. Healing, 2. Objectives, 3. Damage

However on my server (nameless) it seems its more about name recogntion. Perhaps the MVP system can be broken down two ways, 1. Have the game decide the MVP's giving the great number based on overall stats, and 2. Have the players vote for the less number, ensuring fairness in the MVP count.

#1 - Someone I saw actively healing and/or guarding me in a match and doing so effectively.

#2 - Someone who actively managed objectives in a match, be it defense or offense.

#3 - Someone who singlehandedly turned the tide of a match for the better.

insert distance here

#4 - Top protection if they actually tried to guard people actively.

#5 - Top healer if they totally rocked the match.

#6 - Top damage or kills.

#7 - Top medals.

And finally, If it's a blowout loss:

#1 - Person who unfortunately got stuck queuing in at the last minute before the loss which got 0 kills/damage/etc.

As a Guardian my kills and dmg generally (not always) are at the bottom range, however due my Guard / Taunt / CC and Survivability 90% of times I get top Medals even when my team loses (6 medals is my average).

However it is very rare to receive a MVP vote, what kindda sucks.

Question is why a Guardian would care about helping the team if at the end only top dmg or top heal receive all the votes?

Next time you vote have a look at the top medal and if he/she is a JK / SW give him/her your vote because he played for the team and not for himself.

trust me the person your guarding knows exactly what your doing (in 50 pvp) and he absolutely adores you.

im not trolling when i say in 50 pvp, if your not getting atleast 1 mvp vote you prolly didnt guard anyone good enough to catch their eye.(sometimes)

after a while (in 50 pvp) people will remember your name when you guard them with your life for 2 or 3 warzones. makes mvp votes easy to get cause they will notice your protection numbers.

sometimes if no one stands out ill toss mvp to a guild mate or friend.

also in matches like the civil war some people give mvp medals to people who guarded a node the whole game and called incs (or sat there ready to) instead of the healer.

1-49 warzones there are alot of people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. (this means they dont know what your doing to)

but believe me in level 50 pvp a TRUE tank (someone who pays attention to his team instead of "OMG KILL KILL") will be very popular.

Edited by dufox

usually i vote in some random player, but serious guys, a lot of people dont even vote!

we have 8 players in the team and usually 2-3 votes per match even after a win, so lets start voting to help your fellow players, even if its in a random player.

if only i could vote for myself. :p

http://postimage.org/image/iwitjqdv5/

i post this screenshot because i find it extremely interesting in that screenshot that the highest damage on our team has as much mvp votes as i do, when i healed my butt off for my best healing game so far, that speaks volumes as to how much people still value those damage pew pew numbers. (or that phonx has no votes who did a good job tanking, i put my vote to the other healer)

usually i'll give healers who put in good effort my first look.

then tanks who i notice switch guard and protect healers and stuff.

then i'll kind of base things on my own observations of what i saw on the battlefield.

then i'll look at a name i find cool.

then i'll look to vote for high damage. :D

pretty much my basic mvp voting strategy since i can't vote for myself.

objectives can be tricky, if someone has a really high score i'll take notice but i won't take away my vote because of a low objective score, things like running back and forth in novare coast to reinforce defenses can really cut down your objectives even though you're helping the team, or as a healer i'm running around avoiding enemies all over the place so it's hard to say extend the bridge or plant the bomb when enemies are chasing me around and i have to run all over the place. but the healing allows us to plant the bomb and i think only the one who planted the bomb gets the objective bonus.. so it doesn't always tell the whole story.

Edited by teambff

Healers rarely get it from my part. I do give MvP votes to healers if I see them heal in viable positions/fights. But just as damage, healers can run around wherever and get high healing from healing themselves or people in non-key positions.

I usually check an avarage between dmg/heals/defense and objectives. Kills mean very little to me.

If not with guildies, It normally varies for me (heals, objectives, protection) I'm DPS so i never expect to get any (even when i take objectives) and i jump up and down like a tween listening to (insert popular person) when i do, but a few days ago, on Alderaan, i died, then inc was called left, i went left, before i got there, it was clear. everyone was called mid, so i went when i got there, 2 were guarding it and i saw a team mate (who saw me) draw them away from the node to him. i came in from behind (uh, huhhuhhuhhuhhuh), and took the node while he sacrificed himself keeping them busy. we won the WZ because of that. i let everyone know what he did, and the only vote he got was mine....:( not even his guild mates gave him votes. he is with us now:D

I tend to vote for someone who I feel has tried (and succeeded) in keeping objectives, damage, healing. Basicly, if i see a particular player stand out from the rest when it comes to defending or attacking points of interests, rather than running aimlessly getting kills; they will get a vote from me :)

x

In a PUG, unless someone really stands out - like the guy that defends the turret, all game long, always calls out inc, and never leaves his post for some action, therefore allowing us to cap middle - I go by objectives.

On my server Healers tend to get 80% of the neutral votes, followed by 'friend votes'. I'm fine with this seeing as the presence of 1-3 healers is almost required to win any Warzone these days (yes even after the healer 'nerfs'), in healerless teams we just get steamrolled completely.

All too often, the person who gets my vote is whoever is still around by the time I make a decision. BioWare really needs to fix the rules regarding who is eligible for MVP votes. You should be eligible if you cast an MVP vote, regardless of whether you stick around after casting that vote or not.

When I do decide quickly, it's usually due to one of the following (in this order):

1) Good communication/coordination in ops chat

2) Healing me at a crucial time

3) Guarding me (if I'm playing my healer)

Otherwise, I look at a combination of Healing, Objective points, Damage, Kills (ignoring healers), and Protection (mostly because it's rare to have a significant amount) in that order.

The one thing that I'm a little hesitant to vote for (and never really saw pre-1.2), is when someone massively outdoes everyone else in the match on the scoreboard. I've been in 3 matches (10-49 bracket, post-1.2) where one person has had 300,000 damage and either 80,000+ healing (Merc/Sorc) or 40,000+ protection (Assassin), while everyone else in the match has less than 200,000 damage (and, of those, the ones with the most damage have very little healing or protection). I just find that situation to be a little suspicious and never know what to make of it (especially because in the 3 recent cases, that person didn't stand out to me while the match was in progress). I don't think I'm alone in being suspicious either, given that in 2 of those cases the person with ridiculous numbers got 0 or 1 MVP votes (while someone else got 2-3); in the 3rd case, the big numbers person got something like 5 votes.