Hit by Kill for 85295

Foenixz

It's happened to me also, however I died, pressed respawn and then instantly blew up in the spawn area saying I was killed by 'Kill' for 80k+ damage and had to revive again.

Was also a huttball where it happened.

Thats what happens when you hold the ball too long, it explodes for about 80k damage and kills you.

wasn't holding the ball. I was on the upper left catwalk the first time and teh far lower left just short of teh ramp

how did you die?

not sure I was going after an assassin at full health and I was about 70% and had all my CDs and the next thing I know is ... dead

Edited by Foenixz

I looked over the photo and I've seen this happen to other people but not myself personally and it seems to happen around a glitch. I was looking at the pic and didnt see your body (could have been hiding under one of your toolbars) I think what happens is in the huttball match, the game couldn't track your position on the map and decides to kill you so it will reset you on the map. Now we know this did happen twice suggesting that maybe, while you had full connection, the actual server connection might not have been stable, thus it happened twice. Reason it used a high number is this may have been a fail safe for higher end bosses who do have very high health.

The reason I say this is I've seen and had happen to me, several position glitches mainly in Huttball, some resulting in glitches to were I have to restart the game and end up god knows where. Never been killed though.

Honestly, I hope I am wrong and you have reported this to CS so they are at least aware of it.

I looked over the photo and I've seen this happen to other people but not myself personally and it seems to happen around a glitch. I was looking at the pic and didnt see your body (could have been hiding under one of your toolbars) I think what happens is in the huttball match, the game couldn't track your position on the map and decides to kill you so it will reset you on the map. Now we know this did happen twice suggesting that maybe, while you had full connection, the actual server connection might not have been stable, thus it happened twice. Reason it used a high number is this may have been a fail safe for higher end bosses who do have very high health.

The reason I say this is I've seen and had happen to me, several position glitches mainly in Huttball, some resulting in glitches to were I have to restart the game and end up god knows where. Never been killed though.

Honestly, I hope I am wrong and you have reported this to CS so they are at least aware of it.

I reported it to the address they gave us in beta when fishy stuff happens. I will wait a few days and then make post to the CS forums

This game has several Z issues that the system tries to solve automatically with an auto-unstuck feature.

Those issues are caused by bad textures or wrong collisions that in Huttball are quite common.

The way unstuck works is that if it is used while in combat (you can be considered in combat for many reasons, from trauma to guarding someone who is in combat) you are instantly killed to avoid exploiting it. Sometimes the damage is not showed. some other it is.

Edited by Ras_Elased

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.