The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Does Rapid Shot affect heat degen?

Kraegore

umm well in a way i guess... but not really. rapid shots dont cost heat at all so using rapid shots allows you more time that you arent building your heat up and since the higher your heat in the faster it stacks and since rapid shots doesnt cost heat you have more time to keep your heat low and thus your heat will stack slower

umm well in a way i guess... but not really. rapid shots dont cost heat at all so using rapid shots allows you more time that you arent building your heat up and since the higher your heat in the faster it stacks and since rapid shots doesnt cost heat you have more time to keep your heat low and thus your heat will stack slower

Yeah i know it doesn't generate any heat, but when im at max heat and i spam Rapid Shots it feels like it degenerates slower than if i just stood there.

I guess i imagined it.

Yeah i know it doesn't generate any heat, but when im at max heat and i spam Rapid Shots it feels like it degenerates slower than if i just stood there.

I guess i imagined it.

You imagined it. If you're full heat, you either were trying to burst down a healer in PvP or you just weren't paying attention. YOu never really want to get your heat over 40, over 40 heat regen lessens, and over 60 even more and over 80 even more (or somethign like that, I'm too lazy to go look up the exact numbers). So if you max your heat, your heat regen is so low you'll be thre awhile before your back below 40 heat again.

Not sure what spec you are, if AP you should never have heat issues. If Pyro in PvE you have to work in some Rapid Shots every once in awhile to keep heat below 40. YOu can go over 40 once in awhile, esp if RS free will take you back below. In PVP unless I'm trying to burst down a healer, i will still weave in Rapid Shots but I'll go up to 60 without thinking aobut it too much. Going over 80 is pretty much a no no. You won't be able to kill anything unless almost dead with Rapid's.

Edited by dardack