Free level 50 character.

Nkap

This game spent the bulk of it's money for those who grind, something that I love and hate at the same time...

What was it? $300,000,000 on voice acting alone?

I can't even think of spending £1,000,000 on any part of a game, but, Bioware (and then EA, after buying them out) picked up the bill... all of which, save a small % of the end stuff, was for those in the leveling phase.

So to go around all this, seems somewhat insane. But to each their own.

If you want an end-game where the highest level truely is the start... this isn't the game. Not really. They'll cater to the alt-aholics before the endgamers.

I could suggest one particular game that actually caters to all levels, but primarily to the end-gamer; if another MMO is not to your taste, I would recommend playing something like TF2 - or one of the many Battlefield games.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game spent the bulk of it's money for those who grind, something that I love and hate at the same time...

What was it? $300,000,000 on voice acting alone?

I can't even think of spending £1,000,000 on any part of a game, but, Bioware (and then EA, after buying them out) picked up the bill... all of which, save a small % of the end stuff, was for those in the leveling phase.

So to go around all this, seems somewhat insane. But to each their own.

If you want an end-game where the highest level truely is the start... this isn't the game. Not really. They'll cater to the alt-aholics before the endgamers.

I could suggest one particular game that actually caters to all levels, but primarily to the end-gamer; if another MMO is not to your taste, I would recommend playing something like TF2 - or one of the many Battlefield games.

This game did not cost $300mil, was much lower then that.

I wish i could remake a class/AC i already got to 50, and it would give me auto-50. Or just give me the option to race-change to a race that wasn't available at the time i made the character, but is now. (ALL of my characters would be Chiss)

Because as soon as you have this, you’ll say,

“Is there an option to give me Columi gear instead of Tionese, I hate grinding for Columi”,

then “Is there an option to give me Rakata Gear, this Columi grinding is for the birds…”

then “Battlemaster”

then “War Hero”

then “Black Hole”…

Then, “This game is boring, devs are stupid, I hate this, Seeya!”

Experience the story. Work/Play the game like everyone else. Enjoy the journey – life (and gaming) is not all about “winning”.

Brought to you by Preachy McPreachington, and his Preaching Preachers. ;)

...But I still stand by my words. :p

Unless of course the Devs are just busting a gut laughing at it. I know I would be:D

I'm sure that's the case. Oh and btw.... could you outfit that "free lvl 50" with a full set of Black Hole gear please?:D

I'm just amused reading through this thread....

All the people screaming at the OP for how "entitled" he seems to them... I can't help but laugh.

Lemme see how SWTOR works... More than one person talking about how easy and fast it is to level. A claim that you can have 3 50s in just over a week and people seem to think it's legit (and I agree). A full set of entry-level PvP gear (or 300k+ credits) upon hitting 50. Prices for Tionese and Columi through the floor. BH comms being handed out right and left...

Where, exactly, are you going to draw the line on giving stuff out for free? Some people are even referring to leveling as "the leveling grind"... You're berating the OP for wanting to avoid the leveling grind in order to do something else?

As for complaining that people learn to play their classes during the leveling process, am I allowed to vote to delete someone's character and make them level over if they don't know how to play their class? I can't count the number of times I ran into people who could not play their class... Maybe that has to do with the fact that there's no penalty for being bad at your class.... Everyone believes that they should be able to solo to 50 and no matter how bad they are they should be able to get to 50... Talk about the entitlement crowd... And yet you hammer on the OP?

Too much....

/popcorn

Guild Wars have no subscription. ArenaNet does not care if people buy the box, take lvl50 character, play PvP for 1-2 days, become bored and quit, as long as they buy the box. If Bioware allows people to roll lvl50 chars it will lose a lot of money from subscriptions.

Personally i have nothing against it, though i would never roll lvl50. On the contrary, i would gladly pay double sub if they reduce my XP gain by half :)

Edited by EternalChild

I absolutely hate leveling up characters.. it takes so long and is increadibly dreadful. At least, to me. I currently have a level 50 and increadibly love the whole end game things. What are he odds that Bioware would even give me a free level 50 character? I mean what's the harm in it.. I've already paid $60 for the game and $60 additional dollars in two 60 day time cards. And also does anyone else wish upon a free level 50? I mean heck I'd be happy for a completely gearless level 50 and if we was put back at the beginning of the main story so I still had to do my class quests. I do not mind grinding those. Just the painful trip of making it to level 50.

This has to be one of the most absurd ideas I have ever read on these boards. The whole point of a game is to play it from the beginning to the end. If you don't like 90% of the game, why on earth would you even bother to play it!

I mean seriously why not just have an I win button that gives you a level 50 toon decked out in full pvp and raid gear.

Welcome to the computer age of self entitlement and the Me! Me! Me! generation.

Havent read the thread.

But free lvl 50 is just stupid. You have to play many hours to get used to character, and would be pretty pissed of if I where in a flashpoint with someone that didnt know the basic of the character he/she was playing!

But increased XP gaining is way better of doing it, its already implemented although to little(I think it should be possible to get maybe 100%-300% XP gain after the first 1-2 characters.) so it would be enough doing class quest, pvp and the fun stuff. Not fillup missions that get booring after you lvl 1-2 characters..

I absolutely hate leveling up characters.. it takes so long and is increadibly dreadful. At least, to me. I currently have a level 50 and increadibly love the whole end game things. What are he odds that Bioware would even give me a free level 50 character? I mean what's the harm in it.. I've already paid $60 for the game and $60 additional dollars in two 60 day time cards. And also does anyone else wish upon a free level 50? I mean heck I'd be happy for a completely gearless level 50 and if we was put back at the beginning of the main story so I still had to do my class quests. I do not mind grinding those. Just the painful trip of making it to level 50.

You shouldn't be playing mmos if you want a free 50.

I want a free lvl 50 AND I also want BW to have someone log on it every night while I'm asleep and do all the dailies for me

is that so much to ask?

Now be reasonable. BW should just give us 30 Daily and 10 BH comms as a daily login bonus for each character (of any level).

Irony is that in my opinion, there is nothing to do at 50, other than reroll.

That's what I thought too, unil I hit 50.

At 50, there's much more stuff to do, and many more guilders to do it with.