Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Free level 50 character.

Nkap

I absolutely hate leveling up characters.. it takes so long and is increadibly dreadful. At least, to me. I currently have a level 50 and increadibly love the whole end game things. What are he odds that Bioware would even give me a free level 50 character? I mean what's the harm in it.. I've already paid $60 for the game and $60 additional dollars in two 60 day time cards. And also does anyone else wish upon a free level 50? I mean heck I'd be happy for a completely gearless level 50 and if we was put back at the beginning of the main story so I still had to do my class quests. I do not mind grinding those. Just the painful trip of making it to level 50.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.. not someone else get to level 50 for me. Just for BioWare to give me a character that is automatically level 50 in the game.

Irony is that in my opinion, there is nothing to do at 50, other than reroll.

That is what seperates you and I as people. You prefer the whole leveling jig and I prefer more of the end game things. Such as achieving your first piece of Columi gear and then the whole set. Then so on with the rest of your armor. That whole gearing up with your guild and attempting new, fun Ops missions. It's just so much more appealing to my style of playing and that is why I want another level 50. It's just I'm so busy with my main level 50. Knocking out dailies and with the cool new group finding giving you black hole comms and such it's just occupying all my time I only have near an hour to two hours a day for the alts and I do not get much accomplished in that time if at all anything.

No.. not someone else get to level 50 for me. Just for BioWare to give me a character that is automatically level 50 in the game.

Hold on! I think my brain just lost some I.Q. points tring to apply logic to this idea. So you want BW to make an option to bypass 90% of the game, because you do not want to do it. Sure, I think they will get right on that.

Edited by Luckeyd

I get the OP. He wants "arcade mode". I don't know if it would be worth's Bioware's time, but a server dedicated to people who want to just play a level 50 toon is fine by me.

I absolutely hate leveling up characters.. it takes so long and is increadibly dreadful. At least, to me. I currently have a level 50 and increadibly love the whole end game things. What are he odds that Bioware would even give me a free level 50 character? I mean what's the harm in it.. I've already paid $60 for the game and $60 additional dollars in two 60 day time cards. And also does anyone else wish upon a free level 50? I mean heck I'd be happy for a completely gearless level 50 and if we was put back at the beginning of the main story so I still had to do my class quests. I do not mind grinding those. Just the painful trip of making it to level 50.

I get the OP. He wants "arcade mode". I don't know if it would be worth's Bioware's time, but a server dedicated to people who want to just play a level 50 toon is fine by me.

i wouldnt mind that either.

For the OP in my opinion in this kinds of games whanever you give ppl free stuff they throw it back on your face, so they shouldnt do so.

I'm still a little confused by the notion that you want to play an mmo but you don't want to level up your characters. But none the less.

It only takes THREE DAYS per character to level to 50 if you do it right. I'm really surprised that more people have not figured this out.

There is a bit of a trick to it:

-You need to level 3 (or more) jobs at once.

-You cannot play the same job two nights in a row.

-You cannot play the same job until the 4th night.

-You only have to put in about 3 hours a night.

-You only have to do the story and world quests.

-You DO NOT have to do any additional quests or flashpoints.

-You MUST log out in a rest area.

The way this works is that you gain max bonus xp by logging out in a rest area over about a 72 hour period. So the rotation would work something like this if you were leveling 3 classes.

1st Night: Level Jedi Knight for 3 hours, log out in rest zone.

2nd Night: Level Jedi Consular for 3 hours, log out in rest zone.

3rd Night: Level Smuggler for 3 hours, log out in rest zone.

4th Night: Level Jedi Knight for 3 hours, log out in rest zone.

5th Night: Level Jedi Consular for 3 hours, log out in rest zone.

6th Night: Level Smuggler for 3 hours, log out in rest zone.

7th Night: Level Jedi Knight for 3 hours, should hit 50.

8th Night: Level Jedi Consular for 3 hours, should hit 50.

9th Night: Level Smuggler for 3 hours, should hit 50.

If you do this, you should now have 3 jobs at 50 or very close to closing into 50 by the end of what is the 3rd night of play on each job and 7th-9th night of play over all. Depending on the number of hours you can put in, this will vary slightly. But the key is not playing the same job in a 72 hour period, and logging out in a rest zone. Theorectically you could do this with just two jobs as well. Say if you already had a 50, you could play your fresh job on night 1, and then just PvP or PvE for nights 2 and 3 on your 50 and return to your new job on night 4 and rinse and repeat in that fashion.

This is how people surprisingly had multiple jobs to 50 in two weeks after release. Just for whatever reason it's taken some of us longer to figure out how they were doing it. Keep your head up, and give this strategy a try and if you stick to it, see how far you are in a week and a half and maybe you won't feel like it's taking so long.

OP, just giving you my honest opinion....

1-49 in this game is awesome, 50 is awful. I really don't ever see Bioware offering a free lvl 50 character because if you skipped the story aspect of the game and went to straight to end game, you'd quit after the first day.

Something like this was somewhat done by Guild Wars 1, and it worked. In GW1, if all you wanted to do was PvP, you and your friends can create instant max level characters with basic gear. It had limitations though:

- you can't do world content with them

- all you could do is PvP with other max characters

- you can't participate in the world's economy

Maybe something similar could work.

Edited by bornebol

I'd love that. It's not so much that I don't enjoy leveling new characters, the problem is that I hate going through the same side missions for the 8th time. I bought the legacy exp boosts on an alt but they're not affecting much, I still have to do a bunch of crap I'm not interested in doing again.

It would make sense if for every legacy level we gained we'd get a significant boost to exp on new alts. I'm talking about a +3 % boost per legacy level, or something, so that the story missions and just a bit of some other content could take us to 50.

Edited by MidichIorian

giving away free 50 characters to me is a sign that the game is dying.. didnt WOW do this in order to get players to return to their game? give them a free level 50?? seems like a stupid idea in a game where story is supposed to be very important.

Sure i get bored playing the same side quests over and over, but there are pleanty of ways to level that i can ignore some of the worst quests (voss side quests are a prime example)

i just dont see the need for free 50s

A free level 50 is a stupid idea. And if BW ever did do something like this and offered a player an instant 50. Then I hope they disable the Legacy for such a player since the legacy is tied to leveling a character and not for someones instant gratification.

Well OP, it's time that you put down RPGs games then. Combat is inevitable. In this game, you would miss the story and the many benefits such as legacy and other important things by doing that. I think it's best said that you REALLY don't know how RPGs work.

giving away free 50 characters to me is a sign that the game is dying.. didnt WOW do this in order to get players to return to their game? give them a free level 50?? seems like a stupid idea in a game where story is supposed to be very important.

They did, level 80 that is.. then again max level is 85 but close enough

yes idealy. imo pvp servers should be what it sounds like. you make your toon with insta 50 and your given a set of gear. that way everyone is on a level footing. and you just do pvp.

Well OP, it's time that you put down RPGs games then. Combat is inevitable. In this game, you would miss the story and the many benefits such as legacy and other important things by doing that. I think it's best said that you REALLY don't know how RPGs work.

its got nothing to do with that. but there is only so many times you can play through 1-50 before you just lose the will to do it anymore. especialy if your rolling the same story but diff advanced class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.