Assassin Tank changes since Feb.

WutsInAName

Recently re-activated. When I quit I was doing HM FP Main tanking with the following skill setup:

Macro 1(priority macro):

Dark Ward(no GCD, 15? sec CD), Shock, Thrash

Macro 2(Priority macro):

Wither, Discharge, Lacerate

For cooldowns I used:

Deflect, Force Shroud, Rakata Absorb Adrenal, Rakata Medpack, Overcharge Saber,(and I think Im forgetting one),

Basically My Rotation was: 1(Dark Ward + Shock), 2(Wither), 2(Discharge), 1(Shock), Force Lightning. Rinse and repeat & toss in Lacerate for 3+ mobs.

Filler skills included: Spike, Force Lightning, Elecrocute and maybe a taunt.

So that is where I WAS, now the question is where am I going...

Any Advise to the above rotation / skill set up?

It all depends on your build.

I am still going with a 31/0/10, Not sure wether i want to loose the survivability i have still left with going 23/01/17 with dps gear. I have always played with tank gear and probably still will.

One of the things that changed is that my shields pop up more. I will probably respec to 31/01/09.

Anyway as for rotation.

I still focus on my "healing" rotation. Shock/wither/shock/force lightning (with recklessness if not on CD). With a few trash's in there in an attamept to get the more crit buff thingy. With that 01, in either of the specs that has 1 point in the second tree for the Maul ability you use Maul everytime it pops up.

Lacerate depends on which warzone i am in, I only really use it to defend at doors and turrets and such. Apart from that you use your shields where need be, ofcourse. You can use relics anymore so no need to worry about that. Force speed seems logical just like the pull if you spec 31 in the first tree. Mass mind control and shield seem logical aswell.

The only thing that really changes for me is that i now use Force cloak alot more then i did pre 1.3. And not even to run away. I just pop it up, keep attacking. Which will only result into people not targeting you anymore. It tends to take a few seconds for some people to notice they aren't targeting anyone anymore which means a few seconds of less damage. And ofcourse if you are in a one on one and your opponent used a shield or whatever its also handy to force cloak and attampt to stay hidden until his ability runs out.

*Facepalm.*

Sorry, didnt notice that this was for PVE. In that case, Nothing changed. Not for the Tankassin at least. The healer needs to work harder to keep up with you. So CC before going into battle and take on as few mobs as possible.

*Facepalm.*

Sorry, didnt notice that this was for PVE. In that case, Nothing changed. Not for the Tankassin at least. The healer needs to work harder to keep up with you. So CC before going into battle and take on as few mobs as possible.

Well it has changed a little. Absorb Relics are no longer clickable so one could replace that if they wanted. But otherwise the role is still the same, healers just require more effort because our utilities and mitigation were crippled.