So... about those lag spikes

Lostpenguins

Keep checking Dev Tracker and checked the Q&A... no official response saying that they're aware that are SEVERE LAG SPIKES in the game making it virtually unplayable for seconds at a time. And if those are at critical moments in PvE, that can lead to raid wipes and in PvP can lead to a loss.

Those kinds of things are as bad as bugs. Having Soa reset in Phase 2 or wiping to a Boss because you don't get the heal off in time because of lag spikes is the same thing.

When are we going to get a response to this as it affects MULTIPLE PEOPLE ON THE SERVER <THE BASTION>? And don't tell me that it's probably a client issue. Whenever I get the lag spike the general chat blows up with people commenting about the lag spike that just happened or, in TS, my guild will mention the lag spike.

This is really terrible.

Edited by Lostpenguins
Because I was using the term "EVERYONE" to frivolously... apparently...

I've gotten no lag spikes... so not everyone

Okay, I stand corrected. Everyone who's in either the same general chat as I am... so that's either in the same instance of the Operation, in a different instance of the Operation, and the same with the WZ's on The Bastion.

If no one else gets a lag spike when I get, then it'd be my computer. Seen it dozes of times where one raid member lags out and disco's... sounds like it's more on their end if I'm not suffering any problems.

However, in this particular case, my game will spike for 2-5 seconds and then I'll hear on TS "woah, lag spike!" from a guildy and/or people will start commenting in general chat about the lag spike. Like I said, it's not always just my instance either because people from different WZ instances (but the same WZ) will make that comment in general chat.

Ya last night we got a bunch of folks to post in the customer support section and they saw, investigated and replied and then rebooted the server.

Well, the problem is that rebooting won't fix it. Ever since the server transfer there have been lag spikes in instances and since then they've done 3-4 server restarts due to patches and maintenances so I don't believe this will fix the problem.

I really think they just have too many people on a server and it's causing these issues and I'd just like to hear acknowledgement that they are aware and working on a fix instead of trying to throw blame back at the user by running some stupid trace route or check our dxdiag files.

Guess what Bioware? If everyone from multiple PC's hits the lag spike at the same time then the common denominator is you, Bioware, not the users.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Yeah, it gets worse. I'm on The Shadowlands. Last night I was trying to get an invite into a raid, and it wouldn't let me, though I was pressing Yes for the invite. After I logged off and on, tried /w to the leader, and system told my it's not in my faction. Can you believe it? Could /w after a bit, but still couldn't join.

Sever got that unstable that they brought it off 2h later, so yes, I concur with others here. This must be addressed...

I'm not sure what server your on, but I'm on Tomb of Freedom Nadd which very high populated server. Since transferring there I have not once encountered any SEVERE LAG SPIKES. So your statement that it affects EVERYONE is unfounded.

Thanks for your reply, however I already added in a follow-up post that I'm talking about The Bastion... so you're right, I shouldn't say "EVERYONE" because I could also be talking about people with out computers. They are also included in the term "EVERYONE" so, you're right, my statement is unfounded as people w/out computers will never suffer lag spikes from a game they don't play on a machine they don't have.

I'm playing on Tomb of Freedon Nadd as well, and I can't say I've experienced any bad lag spikes. Sure, my fps drops a tad on the fleets, but that doesn't affect my gameplay at all as my fps is quite high to begin with.

Seeing this as well. My guy will stop, the server lactency will jump to some crazy number like 44k or something, and then like 5-10 seconds later, all the action that happened during that lag spike will occur like it's a fast forwarded video.

It's a very random occurrence so it's hard for me to pinpoint if it's me or the servers.