Why are PvPers getting screwed?

LordNyxus

First off I PvP and PvE and love them both. I'll admit sometimes I don't do the dailies because I feel like it's to much of a grind. But dude, come on. If you have a four man premade it will take you 20 minutes to do the dailies on Corellia.

I'm almost positive you can be anywhere in the map when a groupmate completes an objective for it to count for you as well. If you split into pairs and do the area and weapon gathering quest and then have one guy do the eco one, one guy do the listening post one and one guy do the engineer one you'll be done very quickly (for the republic anyway, I have no idea what the dailies are like for the imps). And with 4 people you can steam roll the heroic if you feel like it. Even without a premade there's always people running around doing the same thing group up and take care of it all together. That will net you like 40-50k plus whatever junk you end getting and selling or creds you pick up.

And hey it's small area shared with the opposite faction. You're always going on about OPvP, hunt down some imps/pubs while you're there.

This is exactly why there is expertise. PVE shouldn't have advantages in PvP. The best PVE gear is campaign gear. Which means you would have to be a hard core PVEr to get that gear. Without expertise that gear would be the best in the game.. period. If they gave equivalent gear to PvPers for PvPing then a lot of people would stop PvEing for there gear because PvP grinding is largely considered easier or better because there is a clear set track of how much gear costs and how long it will take you to get it vs RNG drops praying to the gaming gods you get your upgrade in Ops while rolling against fellow players that also want that upgrade which can only be run once a week. Not to mention people do both modes of gameplay so they would gear up twice as fast versus someone that only does PvE or PvP.

Never said that the removal of Expertise would not come without the adjustment to existing gear so that all PVP'ers suddenly got screwed. You must play WOW or something.

What I am saying is that the seperation of gear into PVE and PVP is stupid and is not the best approach for making a more diverse game experience for players. Gear should just be gear, period.

Stop reading more into what is written just to create an argument.

Never said that the removal of Expertise would not come without the adjustment to existing gear so that all PVP'ers suddenly got screwed. You must play WOW or something.

What I am saying is that the seperation of gear into PVE and PVP is stupid and is not the best approach for making a more diverse game experience for players. Gear should just be gear, period.

Stop reading more into what is written just to create an argument.

No, I play SWTOR... but you obviously think WoW is the first MMO... you mentioned it. Not me. For the record I did play WoW briefly late into WOTLK and when Cataclysm launched. I had a 45 Holy Paladin female dwarf as my highest character. Let me break this down for you. EQ2 and WoW roughly came out with PvP gear at the same time. EQ2's version didn't have a PvP stat that I remember. WoW's did have a PvP stat. Since then Warhammer, Aion and Rift have all had PvP stats. I am sure I missed a few others with similar stats too. BioWare decided to go with it because it worked for other games... not just WoW.

You can't just make gear the same as all gear because then you would have to destroy PvE gear tiers. Which means you would have to re-balance all end game PvE content for 1 uniform gear. I don't think you will have very many supporters from PvE or PvP that want their gear options changed or how the gearing system works. It's all there to create a barrier of entry as well as used as a progression stick because once you hit 50... gear is all you can progress in.

So why don't you think about your statements and their global impact on the game before you state "just clone SWG".

Edited by DarkDruidSS

No, I play SWTOR... but you obviously think WoW is the first MMO... you mentioned it. Not me. For the record I did play WoW briefly late into WOTLK and when Cataclysm launched. I had a 45 Holy Paladin female dwarf as my highest character. Let me break this down for you. EQ2 and WoW roughly came out with PvP gear at the same time. EQ2's version didn't have a PvP stat that I remember. WoW's did have a PvP stat. Since then Warhammer, Aion and Rift have all had PvP stats. I am sure I missed a few others with similar stats too. BioWare decided to go with it because it worked for other games... not just WoW.

You can't just make gear the same as all gear because then you would have to destroy PvE gear tiers. Which means you would have to re-balance all end game PvE content for 1 uniform gear. I don't think you will have very many supports from PvE or PvP that want their gear options changed or how the gearing system works. It's all there to create a barrier of entry as well as used as a progression stick because once you hit 50... gear is all you can progress in.

So why don't you think about your statements and their global impact on the game before you state "just clone SWG".

Like I said, making PVP gear and PVE gear seperate via Expertise was STUPID and in the MMO arena the best PVP / PVE implementations do not have anything like Expertise.

Nothing would have to be "destroyed" and simply means that the top PVP gear and PVE geat would essentially become the same.

LIKE I SAID, THIS APPROACH HAS WORKED VERY WELL FOR OTHER GAMES THAT MIX THE PVP AND PVE EXPERIENCE.

JUST BECAUSE WOW HAS BEEN AROUND LONGER DOES NOT BY DEFAULT MEAN IT IS A BETTER GAME.

Like I said, making PVP gear and PVE gear seperate via Expertise was STUPID and in the MMO arena the best PVP / PVE implementations do not have anything like Expertise.

Nothing would have to be "destroyed" and simply means that the top PVP gear and PVE geat would essentially become the same.

LIKE I SAID, THIS APPROACH HAS WORKED VERY WELL FOR OTHER GAMES THAT MIX THE PVP AND PVE EXPERIENCE.

JUST BECAUSE WOW HAS BEEN AROUND LONGER DOES NOT BY DEFAULT MEAN IT IS A BETTER GAME.

I think WoW touched you in your no-no spot. You sure do bring it up a lot.

Without going into a long drawn out post of exactly what all would have to be changed by doing your "easy fix" it will suffice to say. No, that won't happen.

SWTOR is not SWG, DAoC, AoC or Ultima. It's too late in the games life to be redesigned around your laughable "easy fix" that you have no clue how far off the mark of "easy" it really is to implement at this stage in SWTOR's life.

For me its not a huge deal, its inconvenient though. w/ the switch to 1.3, i needed alot of credits so i resorted to several things since i am a 99% pvper.

1. GTN, you dont even need to craft, some resources sell for several times as much as they cost to gather. My strategy is to buy all my crafting i need to craft, and spec to the gathering skills that produce the most income on gtn ( I only have 1 lvl 50) On my server slicing and scavenging are incredibly mispriced and trade very significant volume ( you'll get lifted w/ in 1 hr for 5x the cost of producing the resources, this alone at least tripled my income and can be done anytime, in q, camping a node in wz.. anywhere..

2. Camp credit boxes while you're doing warzones. I actually discovered this 1st at the black hole, there are 2 that are very close to each other and a 3rd that is a little farther away. This location is not 100% optimal though since it tends to be a very high traffic area and other people take them while doing their dailies... am keeping an eye out for better more remote spots now..

Note that it is no longer possible for pvp'rs to do a ton of the pve daily content from rwz q any more, when you're in an 8 man group you cannot enter mission areas... knocks out alot of the correlia/belsalvis dailies... not cool...

Also most of the gearing for pvp isn't massively credit intensive some of it is though.. i've found that the best pvp belt/bracer combination (which happens to be from pve) is incredibly difficult to get.. I wish this was not the case, i dont feel like the best bracer should take 10x the work it takes to get the best mainhand weapon.

Spare us the theatrics, please.

People always seem to find a way to present their own vices (such as laziness) as if its due to no fault of their own... and there's always this grand scheme of things where the developers touch something, and some changes or chain reaction occurs that effects every player on a universal scale and brings doom to the game... talk about exaggeration, sheesh.

Run daily missions while queued to PvP, and enjoy a few games whenever you're enroute somewhere, or doing some dailies, and within a week you get all the credits and commendation you'd need for most piece of gear, or a GTN purchase, or etc.

PvP is many things, but it is not the be-all end-all method of making money or levelling. The XP and monetary gain is a mere supplement to PvP itself, and if you want to gain money or progress in level, then go play PvE.

Simple as that.

So stop conjuring some ridiculous mumbo-jumbo excuse as to why you're too lazy to run a few dailies, and just go earn the credits you need. Again, simple as that.

Spoken like a true PvE'er.

I don't like to grind daily's, and I don't like to raid, so why should I be penalized for doing what I want?

I want to PvP, I want to augment my PvP gear, I want to customize my gear to look how I want. With the rewards given for a PvP match It take's a very long time to pull mods out and customize my look. Augmenting isn't all that bad but is another credit sink, being a PvP'er solely means your poor for much longer than a PvE'er. Which is where the problem lies.

Just give us equal rewards for our time that's all we ask. if you gain 400k credits for running dailys that can be completed in 4 hours then 4 hours of pvp should net us 400k credits also. You get your daily comms for your time, we get our wz comms for our time, why not the credits?

You see, this is the point I was making. I have limited time to play. I work full time, go to school full time, and am raising a family. I get about 2 hours a day to play. If I have to spend 80% of my game time doing the things I don't like in order to spend 20% of the time doing what I like, how is it worth it?

Crafting? Viable? I lose more money crafting for the AH than I gain from sales.

Why must I be required to PvE to sustain myself for PvP? Am I not Farming Warzones? How is this different than Farming boring mobs (other than being a bit more exciting)? I am valor rank 92 and have about 1/2 War Hero gear. It costs about 300k to get an augmented orange piece of gear (cost of removing mods to transfer, buying an augment, and buying a kit aand using it.). That is about 45 warzones at 15 minutes each (about 11 1/2 hours of warzones).

A PvEer can run two hours of dailies to get the same amount. And don't tell me about repair costs, because you can FACEROLL the dailies.

Pre 1.2 PvP was much better than it is today. Even Ilum, with its horrible mechanics, was better than no open-world format for PvP.

Why cant they just add a daily for PvP that has equal monetary rewards, for equal time played, as the PvE dailies?

They say it takes 4 hours to complete the dailies on Ilum, Belsavis, and Corelia (don't care if that's accurate or not). So why not have a PvP daily for logging 4 hours of PvP? How about a monetary weekly for logging x number of hours? Why not even just a daily for PvP that is akin to some of the speeder missions? You could play x number of Voidstars x number of Alderaans, and x number of NC to complete a daily?

The mechanisms for trackIng this type of activity is already in place, as seen by these other daily or weekly missions......just apply it to PvP.

I may be being simplistic, I don't know.

You see, this is the point I was making. I have limited time to play. I work full time, go to school full time, and am raising a family. I get about 2 hours a day to play. If I have to spend 80% of my game time doing the things I don't like in order to spend 20% of the time doing what I like, how is it worth it?

Crafting? Viable? I lose more money crafting for the AH than I gain from sales.

Why must I be required to PvE to sustain myself for PvP? Am I not Farming Warzones? How is this different than Farming boring mobs (other than being a bit more exciting)? I am valor rank 92 and have about 1/2 War Hero gear. It costs about 300k to get an augmented orange piece of gear (cost of removing mods to transfer, buying an augment, and buying a kit aand using it.). That is about 45 warzones at 15 minutes each (about 11 1/2 hours of warzones).

A PvEer can run two hours of dailies to get the same amount. And don't tell me about repair costs, because you can FACEROLL the dailies.

Pre 1.2 PvP was much better than it is today. Even Ilum, with its horrible mechanics, was better than no open-world format for PvP.

+1 I agree totally. I think the real reason for the cash nerf was to get rid of gold sellers. Now if you pvp you have to run dailies because you're broke if you do any amount of gear swapping.

Edited by Ybini

I mainly PVP. I leveled my main from 25-50 solely through PVP. But sorry OP, you have an unreasonable expectation.

You simply can't expect to play only a portion of this game and end up with anything more than a portion of the "reward". SWTOR was never designed as a PVP-centric MMORPG. While it may appear that some who replied may be missing your point, they provide many valid suggestions you shouldn't dismiss.

Once I hit 50, I "had" to branch out - still had a level one speeder, hadn't unlocked all levels of my abilities, hadn't started chapter three of my class story!

You'll have to find whatever works for you. One of the simplest things I did to make a few credits: Play the GTN (buy low, sell high). I easily made 100k+ a week on no more than a 20 minute (a week) casual investment - seriously, I barely tried. Though I now invest more time and make more I am sure you get the point - you're going to have to do a little something beyond PVP if you want more than the comms and the creds you get from the WZs and daily / weekly.