Specs- Quick question

Letsjet

I would level as annihilation until about 35 then switch to rage.

The rage refund on vicious slash is pretty useful at low levels. Deadly saber and rupture just melt through elites especially when you use Berserk.

Do most mara's start out as Carnage then switch ot Annihilation about 40 or so?

Nope. Most players start out w/ whatever feels comfortable to them, and stick with it until they decide to test the waters with another spec, to expand on their skills or learn a new playstyle.

I can tell you right now that Carnage has the very worst talent tree out of all 3 for leveling prior to 25.

Annihilation will have auto-crit bleeds that self-heal, short cd force leap w/ no min distance, Rupture snare, fastest interrupt, Deadly Saber, and let's be honest.. the bottom 5 talents in Anni are flat-out necessary for all 3 specs, so they get a head start on Rage / Fury management.

Rage will have super Vicious Slash spam that crits at +50% (w/ 15% added crit to V.slash) and hit 2 people w/ Berserk up, an extra Leap (Obliterate) and of course auto-crit Smashes on a lowered cd.

Carnage will have.... Ataru form and a 3 second root (which you often won't be able to use, because Carnage has pretty terrible Rage management compared to the other 2 trees until 30ish).

With that said, I did level as Carnage (twice, actually) and it is not impossible. Just know that Carnage doesn't really begin to shine until you've picked up Gore, Sever (and Rattling Voice), Towering Rage, and both of your roots. Massacre is also a game-changer, but to a much lesser extent than the other talents mentioned.

My 2 creds. : )

I can tell you right now that Carnage has the very worst talent tree out of all 3 for leveling prior to 25.

Annihilation will have auto-crit bleeds that self-heal, short cd force leap w/ no min distance, Rupture snare, fastest interrupt, Deadly Saber, and let's be honest.. the bottom 5 talents in Anni are flat-out necessary for all 3 specs, so they get a head start on Rage / Fury management.

Rage will have super Vicious Slash spam that crits at +50% (w/ 15% added crit to V.slash) and hit 2 people w/ Berserk up, an extra Leap (Obliterate) and of course auto-crit Smashes on a lowered cd.

Carnage will have.... Ataru form and a 3 second root (which you often won't be able to use, because Carnage has pretty terrible Rage management compared to the other 2 trees until 30ish).

With that said, I did level as Carnage (twice, actually) and it is not impossible. Just know that Carnage doesn't really begin to shine until you've picked up Gore, Sever (and Rattling Voice), Towering Rage, and both of your roots. Massacre is also a game-changer, but to a much lesser extent than the other talents mentioned.

My 2 creds. : )

Idk about that, I felt like Massacre 100% turned the spec around when I was leveling.

Idk about that, I felt like Massacre 100% turned the spec around when I was leveling.

Massacre was awesome, but I felt like the spec turned itself around slightly before then, around when Force Scream costs 2 rage and auto-crits, and Ravage roots, along w/ the Battering Assault cd reduction.

But that was just because I was having Rage issues. I'm sure it's a little different for all of us. : )

I went Annihilation all the way and still am.

While leveling, I used Quinn and was unstoppable.

Quested 3-4 levels above my own, and only died 4 times on the way to 50.

Was EASILY killing Champions 3 levels above me, can't do that with any other spec.