Master Players of SWTOR

Stickiboom

Hi

My name is Bill, and much to my dismay have yet to get a toon to Level Cap. I have bought every guide online and I have tried to gain someones ear in-game to help me. I hate to sound like a weanie, but I soon am coming up on my next payment for this game and I want something to show for all this time I have been online...which has been since it launched. Please leave a message here.

I really appreciate this guys

Bill

Edited by Notannos
editing out personal information- pm sent

Trying to learn about what attacks I should use for different types of situations. I never seem to get above 15 in any character. I have tried just about all the classes. I really do not like mage type play but maybe I should. I have read that AOE classes are the best to get you through the game. Could you play along with me with the same skill level for a while and see how we do?

what are you trying to learn from here?

also all guides that you have to pay for are pretty much not needed, any info they have can be found for free on the internet

Trying to learn about what attacks I should use for different types of situations. I never seem to get above 15 in any character. I have tried just about all the classes. I really do not like mage type play but maybe I should. I have read that AOE classes are the best to get you through the game. Could you play along with me with the same skill level for a while and see how we do?

My advice is to stick to a class you like to play so far, and search the class forum for information here. there will be lots of information in the specific class forum telling you how maximize your damage or heal, how to tank, which skill specifications to choose, etc.

what are you trying to learn from here?

also all guides that you have to pay for are pretty much not needed, any info they have can be found for free on the internet

To add to this, any 'guide' that you buy online from non official websites has a potential to get your PC infected with a keylogger when you go to their site.

First of all if I could offer once piece of advice it would be not to choose a class/race based on how good/easy you think that class is to play, choose one that you like and want to play! You won't enjoy yourself if you choose a class just because you think it'll be easy to play!

If you have a class that you like to play and want to improve with then by all means tell us what your favourite class is and someone that has played it might be able to offer you some tips on the best way to play it!

Edited by Niaymh

Trying to learn about what attacks I should use for different types of situations. I never seem to get above 15 in any character. I have tried just about all the classes.

Do you stop gaining experience at level 15?

Have you gone back to your trainer to make sure all your skills are up to date?

Have you made sure your gear is the same level you are?

Really, the question I have is: what is stopping you from progressing?

Without knowing which characters you're playing, it's kind of tough to give any kind of definitive answer. In general, maximizing your attack rotations, keeping an eye on cool downs, utilizing interupts, and constantly upgrading your gear is always sound advice. My first toon was a Scoundrel. I played hime to level 30, then gave up because the fights were getting to tough. I rolled a Jedi and learned alot about rotating my attacks and managing resources (e.g. energy or focus). When I went back to my Scoundrel, I found it much easier to play and now I'm having a ball with him.

there are 200+ servers, the likelihood that you are on mine is small.

if you want help leveling advertise that in the general chat /1. if you are on the canderous ordo server then you are lucky, thats my server

It is easy to progress through the game...regardless of what Class and/or path you choose. Like what other people said on this thread...make sure:

1. Keep your gear up to date (armor, weapon, ect..) It might get tedious at times, as you might have to do it quite often, BUT it is one of the key factors that will help you progress through the game. I would elaborate on this, but it seems like you're new to the game...

2. Try to do all the quests that area (Planet) has to offer, as it will help you level up enough for you to move on to the next phase. Each area has its own recommended level that you have to be at. You basically set your own difficulty level. If you go to a planet with higher level than your current character, then it will be hard. If you go to a planet with lower level compared to you, then it will be easy.

Level up and update gear, and there should be no reason for you to plateau at level 15.

Hope that helps! :)

I want something to show for all this time I have been online...which has been since it launched.

Do the class missions, but also do the optional missions you see along the way and it would be all but impossible NOT to level up. The optional missions are especially helpful if the class missions are too tough --- put them on hold, level up on optional quests, then try again and win.

Make sure to get trained in your skills as soon as they are available. And work on updating your gear and your companions' gear.

The paid guides are a rip-off. You can get all the info you need for free, quite a bit of it from the SWTOR forums.

You can't get above lvl 16?

Are the mobs too difficult? Which planet you on? Have you spent your skill tree points? Is your gear up to date? Have you spent your commendations? Is it one opponent you can't defeat or can't you beat the ordinary mobs?

This info would help :)

i found (as a noob), I was too squishy, so levelled as a tank, and it suited my playstyle perfectly (still does). maybe your using the wrong spec for your playstyle.

Edited by ChrisRedmond

I enjoy playing a rannged class the best like Trooper dealing damage with his cannon. I have never played a healing class and I am not sure I could play it in like a falshpoint with lots going on. So the answer to the question would be trooper so I will go check out the Trooper forum

QUOTE=Niaymh;4759503]First of all if I could offer once piece of advice it would be not to choose a class/race based on how good/easy you think that class is to play, choose one that you like and want to play! You won't enjoy yourself if you choose a class just because you think it'll be easy to play!

If you have a class that you like to play and want to improve with then by all means tell us what your favourite class is and someone that has played it might be able to offer you some tips on the best way to play it!

Greetings Stickiboom and welcome to the forums!

We have some wonderful resources you might enjoy. There is the New Player Guide and the Online Game Manual to get you started. We also have our handy New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources which showcases various links that might assist you.

We have several member created guides that might help out, too!

Depending on what you are interested in and what class you are playing, make sure to check out the various stickied threads in those areas! These are great resources of information, often created by fellow community members.

Additionally, we want to thank everyone who took the time to answer this thread constructively and helpfully! You are what makes the New Player Help community so great!

Hope that helps! :jawa_smile: