Really "Warzone Medpacks" Still in the game?

Swidgin

Sorry, does for Scoundrels, my bad.. didn't play a Sent since I went Guardian instead with a JK.. Maybe because you tend to DoT up people.. DoTs invoke aggro even if you've broken out of combat.

Nope, our stealth does not break combat regardless if we have DoTs up or not.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fully geared pvp operative healer. I have 20k health. The medpack is a 7k heal on me. with HoT's and surgical probe spam accounting for about 3k HPS, i'm virtually impossible to kill. Takes 3 or 4 to bring me down usually, and that's if i get no help from my dps.

I'm a fully geared pvp operative healer. I have 20k health. The medpack is a 7k heal on me. with HoT's and surgical probe spam accounting for about 3k HPS, i'm virtually impossible to kill. Takes 3 or 4 to bring me down usually, and that's if i get no help from my dps.

The WZ medpack isn't why you are so difficult to kill.. I know one particular sawbones healer on my server that is slippery as lubed up teflon, and throws out insane healing.. Someone beating on you removes the effect of that medpack in 2-3 GCDs..

I don't see a problem with these... They are available to everyone, so it's not like somebody is getting an unfair advantage from them.

There are far cheaper things in ranked PvP than medpacks... like a BS coin toss to determine the winner/loser on voidstar when the game is a DRAW. Or the fact that somebody can still become perma-stunned, causing them to be kicked from the WZ if they die in that state. Let's get our priorities straight "pros" ;)

well jugs get unfair advantage with that cd that's raises their max HP by 33%. They can get 8k heal. I'm still for keeping medpacks though and don't see them going away ever.

I don't see a problem with medpacs either. I only see a problem with the magnitude of their heal. Healers in swtor are very mobile, especially operatives, because we all have cleanse. The "2-3 hits" it takes to bring me back down from the 7k heal are not happening right away; any healer worth his salt uses the time the medpac buys to get the hell away from the focus fire. Thats the purpose of the medpac.

the problem with the medpac is that it scales with gear

Think of it this way. Medpacs extend your effective health pool by 35%.

All my gear is auged, and its all war hero, My belt and bracers are orange with BiS mods. If my medpac is up, I have an effective health pool of 27k health, with expertise reducing around 20% of damage.

This is so unfair to undergeared players.

in summary, effective health pools with medpac are thus for these different levels of gear.

FULL GEAR, 20k BASE HP effective 27k hp 20% reduction

AVERAGE PLAYER,16k BASE HP effective 21k hp 17% reduction

FULL RECRUIT, 3K BASE HP effective 17k hp 15% reduction

In summary, a full geared player effectively has 10k more health than a new 50. Thats too much of a gap.

Make medpacs heal for a static amount, between 3-4k

I don't see a problem with medpacs either. I only see a problem with the magnitude of their heal. Healers in swtor are very mobile, especially operatives, because we all have cleanse. The "2-3 hits" it takes to bring me back down from the 7k heal are not happening right away; any healer worth his salt uses the time the medpac buys to get the hell away from the focus fire. Thats the purpose of the medpac.

the problem with the medpac is that it scales with gear

Think of it this way. Medpacs extend your effective health pool by 35%.

All my gear is auged, and its all war hero, My belt and bracers are orange with BiS mods. If my medpac is up, I have an effective health pool of 27k health, with expertise reducing around 20% of damage.

This is so unfair to undergeared players.

in summary, effective health pools with medpac are thus for these different levels of gear.

FULL GEAR, 20k BASE HP effective 27k hp 20% reduction

AVERAGE PLAYER,16k BASE HP effective 21k hp 17% reduction

FULL RECRUIT, 3K BASE HP effective 17k hp 15% reduction

In summary, a full geared player effectively has 10k more health than a new 50. Thats too much of a gap.

Make medpacs heal for a static amount, between 3-4k

You can buy that medpack at the med station for credits.. and quite cheap I might add..

Also, by this logic, undergeared players are at a disadvantage with expertise so we should remove that too..

FULL GEAR: 25% DPS BOOST, 20% DAMAGE REDUCTION

RECRUIT GEAR: 18% DPS BOOST, 15% DAMAGE REDUCTION

So as a full geared player, I have an effective 10% DPS increase over them and they have a 2% DPS DECREASE because of expertise..

Fair is fair right? take off your war hero and go back into recruit then you can step on the soapbox..

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a gap. I'm saying the gap is TOO big. 10k hp is too much to overcome.

EVERY gap is too big for a fresh 50 in recruit gear.. this is why you bank WZ comms and ranked WZ comms pre 50 so that when you hit 50 you can immediately get BM pieces and fill in the rest with recruit..

This is a suck it up and live through it issue.. Everyone has done it that's in WH now.. why should fresh 50s catch a break that we didn't get? No one likes gaps, but medpack or no medpack a fresh recruit is not lasting against a fully geared up WH.. What's a recruit gonna do, tickle me to death?

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a gap. I'm saying the gap is TOO big. 10k hp is too much to overcome. and your math sucks.

to make the math easy lets say both players hit eachother with a 1000 damage hit.

FULL GEAR ATTACKING RECRUIT GEAR 1000 base+25%=1250 mitigated by 15%=1063 damage

RECRUIT GEAR ATTACKING FULL GEAR 1000 base+18%=1180 mitigated by20%=944damage

expertise normalizes, fool. thats the math. Which is not what the medpac does.

Edited by YavinResident

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a gap. I'm saying the gap is TOO big. 10k hp is too much to overcome. and your math sucks.

to make the math easy lets say both players hit eachother with a 1000 damage hit.

FULL GEAR ATTACKING RECRUIT GEAR 1000 base+25%=1250 mitigated by 15%=1063 damage

RECRUIT GEAR ATTACKING FULL GEAR 1000 base+18%=1180 mitigated by20%=944damage

expertise normalizes, fool. thats the math. Which is not what the medpac does.

Did you bother to factor in the stat difference between WH and recruit too? fool... a recruit in recruit gear is not hitting for the same damage as a WH geared player, his base is alot less since most attacks scale with stats..

i just wanted you to see what it ends up looking like if you're only talking about expertise. You were trying to compare expertise damage/healing boost gap between full gear and WH gear to the medpac healing gap.

the problem with that is expertise, as i just showed, is an equalizer, because its easy to get enough to make a big difference, and doesnt have much scaling between recruit and war hero. 1000 expertise is not so much different than 1300 expertise.

the medpac is exactly the opposite. it scales crazily with your gear.

i just wanted you to see what it ends up looking like if you're only talking about expertise. You were trying to compare expertise damage/healing boost gap between full gear and WH gear to the medpac healing gap.

the problem with that is expertise, as i just showed, is an equalizer, because its easy to get enough to make a big difference, and doesnt have much scaling between recruit and war hero. 1000 expertise is not so much different than 1300 expertise.

the medpac is exactly the opposite. it scales crazily with your gear.

Ok so I want you to see where this argument is going..

the medpac is exactly the opposite. it scales crazily with your gear

it

scales

crazily

with

your

gear

The issue isn't the medpack.. ITS YOUR GEAR.. Use your numbers and compare yourself without a medpack, to a recruit with a medpack.. ITS STILL NO CONTEST, you have almost 20% more hp without the medpack than they have WITH the medpack..

You are comparing apples to oranges really.. Both are fruits but the comparison stops there..

do you think it's a problem that there's NO CONTEST between a recruit and a war hero? NO CONTEST is never a good thing in a game that's more fun when its competitive.

I think it is, and that something should be done about it. changing medpacs might be a good start.

I dont subscribe to the whole, "i did the grind and got the gear therefore i deserve to be able to wreck everyone worse geared than me." and i think that attitude hurts the quality of the game.

maybe I'm just bitter because my alt gets owned so hard.

do you think it's a problem that there's NO CONTEST between a recruit and a war hero? NO CONTEST is never a good thing in a game that's more fun when its competitive.

I think it is, and that something should be done about it. changing medpacs might be a good start.

I dont subscribe to the whole, "i did the grind and got the gear therefore i deserve to be able to wreck everyone worse geared than me." and i think that attitude hurts the quality of the game.

maybe I'm just bitter because my alt gets owned so hard.

My alts get owned hard as well because they are undergeared at the moment.. Here use some lube, it helps..

Yeah it sucks when you see players you know you'd totally own on your main just wrecking your alts but really.. You should also realize that once you equalize your gear differential, you'll own those same people on your alts. The pain is temporary, and revenge is sweet.. Maybe it helps to remember, the only thing they have on you is gear, and anyone can eventually get the gear, even terrible players.. Gearing in this game is only time commitment, and no way an indication of player skill.