Is Darth Maul using Seethe here?

Alfreska

Yes but during the lightsaber fight, the camera was focused on Qui-gon and Maul and you see a blurry Obi-Wan in the background running. Plus the distance they covered in the beginning wasn't the same as it was in the fight, if you look at in the fight there was a much bigger gap. Not to mention, Obi-Wan is using a great deal of energy already while fighting plus the force jump he did to get back onto the platform to continue the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePLTFxd0UCQ - At 2:12, you see a blurry Obi-Wan. Then its not until 2:18you see Obi-Wan, though at that point with the fields I doubt he would use force speed because it looks like. That the fields, restart on the timers the moment they open up.

So the end field was already on its timer before the first one opened up. If Obi-Wan had used force speed, he would have crashed right into the field.

Force speed or no force speed.

The duel was awesome!

(besides Maul getting sliced in half by a Jedi Padawan)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Qui-Gon made several serious mistakes here:

1. Going into a flashpoint with just a companion. Obviously didn't know about the LFG tool.

2. Wearing green gear. I expect with purple he would not have been chopped in half(spoiler).

3. Not binding most of his abilities. I mean, all he really kept spamming there was Strike and Slash. Used Force Jump maybe once. What does he have on his bars? Midichlorian mission scanners?

L2P Qui-Gon. More like Qui-nub amirite?

I LOL'd so hard at this. Funny as hell.

He actually did use force speed in the novel, he probably used it in the movie to but we never see it because the camera focused on Qui-Gon and Maul until the barriers came up and we see Obi-Wan skid to a halt both times so as not to crash right in.

Actually near the beginning of the movie they both use it to get away from a droid stalemate.

Actually near the beginning of the movie they both use it to get away from a droid stalemate.

YES I GET THAT. People really need to stop bringing this up. During the fight, the camera near the field barriers were focused on Qui-Gon and Maul. You only see a blurry and very far Obi-Wan in the background running towards them(more then likely using force speed), in the fight vid I posted you see Obi-Wan at 2:06 and 2:12 while the camera is focused on Qui-Gon and Maul. So who is to really say that Obi-Wan did or didn't use it in the movies?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I like how Obi Wan sees Qui Gons death before it happens, but is powerless to stop it. You see him gasp when he sees his master leave himself unguarded, just before Maul knocks Qui Gon senseless with his hilt and then spins to stab him.

Granted Obi could have shouted something, in the hope it distracted Maul like say a taunt, but meh. :D

but I noticed Maul also uses force push... assasins don't get that in game :eek:

Edited by livingdeadjedi

I like how Obi Wan sees Qui Gons death before it happens, but is powerless to stop it. You see him gasp when he sees his master leave himself unguarded, just before Maul knocks Qui Gon senseless with his hilt and then spins to stab him.

Granted Obi could have shouted something, in the hope it distracted Maul like say a taunt, but meh. :D

but I noticed Maul also uses force push... assasins don't get that in game :eek:

Jedi/Sith don't have classes, they are just Jedi/Sith. The whole classes things, are just game mechanics.

Jedi/Sith don't have classes, they are just Jedi/Sith. The whole classes things, are just game mechanics.

I wouldn't take that serious hehe, I was being sarcastic, I am at uni training as a games designer :D I got a first in games mechanics (Smug mode enganged)

Edited by livingdeadjedi

He actually did use force speed in the novel, he probably used it in the movie to but we never see it because the camera focused on Qui-Gon and Maul until the barriers came up and we see Obi-Wan skid to a halt both times so as not to crash right in.

Actually, you can see Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan use Force Speed in the movie, during the scene when they're trying to break through the door to the bridge on the Trade Federation control ship at the beginning.

Actually, you can see Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan use Force Speed in the movie, during the scene when they're trying to break through the door to the bridge on the Trade Federation control ship at the beginning.

Yes I know that, stop bringing this up everyone. I am talking about the fight, not the beginning scenes.

Someone on the boards described the animation as "Darth Maul's seethe animation", and I honestly didn't understand. Thanks for this thread. Only saw that film once. Didn't catch it. :) Edited by eltanincoso
Sounded rude...

YES I GET THAT. People really need to stop bringing this up. During the fight, the camera near the field barriers were focused on Qui-Gon and Maul. You only see a blurry and very far Obi-Wan in the background running towards them(more then likely using force speed), in the fight vid I posted you see Obi-Wan at 2:06 and 2:12 while the camera is focused on Qui-Gon and Maul. So who is to really say that Obi-Wan did or didn't use it in the movies?

I don't understand what you want. I was confirming your idea that they can use it. But okay, bite my head off then.

I don't understand what you want. I was confirming your idea that they can use it. But okay, bite my head off then.

I'm not biting anyone's head off, its just I know that they used it in the beginning but it doesn't really have anything to do with the fight.

What I don't understand is how Darth Maul didn't simply wipe the floor with Obi-wan. He got off a full Seethe; did he really blow that many cooldowns to beat Qui-gon?

In all seriousness I'm confused as to why this fight even happens. Maul isn't even in the way of anything. Why do they need to fight him <_>

What I don't understand is how Darth Maul didn't simply wipe the floor with Obi-wan. He got off a full Seethe; did he really blow that many cooldowns to beat Qui-gon?

In all seriousness I'm confused as to why this fight even happens. Maul isn't even in the way of anything. Why do they need to fight him <_>

Maul was there to show the return of the sith, and possibly if he killed both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to capture the Queen.

I'm not biting anyone's head off, its just I know that they used it in the beginning but it doesn't really have anything to do with the fight.

You know I think they used Force Speed at the beginning of the movie, when they were trying to escape from the droid army. Anyone else remember that part?

You know I think they used Force Speed at the beginning of the movie, when they were trying to escape from the droid army. Anyone else remember that part?

I didn't. I'll have to check that when I get home.

However, I do remember them quite obviously using Force Speed in the beginning of the movie on the Trade Federation ship. I wonder what Wolfninjajedi will think now that he knows that.