Scoundrel DPS in Rated (W T F?)

WasabiJack

Well, I love scoundrel and have been playing it since beta.

My guild formed our group and scoundrel dps was not wanted. I just went heals although I hate it!

I will probably just reroll shadow but just want to find out if there are any rated groups doing well with scoundrel/op dps?

Just need a boost to the damn shield and a slight boost to blaster whip damage.

My guild formed our group and scoundrel dps was not wanted. I just went heals although I hate it!

I will probably just reroll shadow but just want to find out if there are any rated groups doing well with scoundrel/op dps?

It's taken you this long to realise that Scoundrel DPS is pretty much a liability to your team? Really? Shadow DPS isn't much better either. Compared to Vanguards, Gunslingers and Sentinels pretty much all DPS specs are a slight liability (although Guardians bring enough utility for Huttball that bringing one is still ok.)

The PVP DD Hierarchy is something like:

Top Tier - Sentinels, Assault Vanguards, Gunslingers (the weakest of the three but still strongest than the next tier.)

Mid Tier - Guardians, Sages,

Bottom Tier - Commandos, Scoundrels, Shadows (although these are probably halfway between the two tiers)

BS !

We faced yesterday the top guild we used to play against on our old server and they wrecked our random group with 2 scrappers.

Granted, 1 of them is an absolute beast and averages 600-800dps per warzone.

He had like 10k less dmg than their Sentinel, again outstanding player and top 1 dmg every single warzone.

However both scrappers outdamaged every single DD from our team.

I personally got hit for 5.4k by my scrapper buddy (1200expertise)

BS !

We faced yesterday the top guild we used to play against on our old server and they wrecked our random group with 2 scrappers.

Granted, 1 of them is an absolute beast and averages 600-800dps per warzone.

He had like 10k less dmg than their Sentinel, again outstanding player and top 1 dmg every single warzone.

Exactly, the problem is more the skill level required to play a scrapper that well. I prefer lethality which is the number one damage machine in the wz's. I do most wz's as healer with the guild because there are fewer really good pvp healers. We just recruited another sawbones who loves to heal so I may be back to Hemo, wounding death bringer.

BS !

I would like to see that hit. I thought i was fully tweaked out with my guy, but i barely break 4200 max hit on anyone with decent gear. if what your saying is true, I must be doing something terribly wrong.

BS !

Of course Scrappers can rip apart bad players in a game that their team is dominating. That isn't a good test of a the value of the class. Would the Scrappers have done as well against a good team who knows how to deal with them? I doubt it. Scrappers just don't scare me at all now I'm in good gear - I can eat the 12k damage of their opening and then they die before they can finish me. Now if they were doing top damage in a rated wz between two good teams in an environment filled with competent players of the top DD specs... then I'd be surprised and impressed.

Solo-rolling the same 3 or 4 recruits half a dozen times each in a WZ will give great damage numbers to a Scrapper but doesn't mean the class is as strong as some others. It isn't unplayable-bad, it is not able to compete with the classes I mentioned both because of damage and utility.

I mean, who seriously wants a DPS Scoundrel in their huttball team? Anyone?

It's true that scoundrel/ops DPS is crap now a days. Sure we can take the lonely Sage running to help defend grass but when it comes to rated, I'd have to be fairly confident and had played with the guy or gal a lot to bring a scrapper scoundrel into my group.

I would like to see that hit. I thought i was fully tweaked out with my guy, but i barely break 4200 max hit on anyone with decent gear. if what your saying is true, I must be doing something terribly wrong.

Likewise. Around 4k or slightly above (with criticals) is about the best I ever achieve on players with similar gear/expertise levels. Usually its between 3.5k to 4k. On fresh level 50's I have hit near 6k but that was only wth the 15% expertise buff if I recall correctly, which will no longer happen.

Marauders and Powertechs routinely hit much harder than my Scrapper can.

Why would you ever want to play any DPS spec, when scoundrel healing is so hugely OP?

Of course Scrappers can rip apart bad players in a game that their team is dominating. That isn't a good test of a the value of the class. Would the Scrappers have done as well against a good team who knows how to deal with them? I doubt it. Scrappers just don't scare me at all now I'm in good gear - I can eat the 12k damage of their opening and then they die before they can finish me. Now if they were doing top damage in a rated wz between two good teams in an environment filled with competent players of the top DD specs... then I'd be surprised and impressed.

Solo-rolling the same 3 or 4 recruits half a dozen times each in a WZ will give great damage numbers to a Scrapper but doesn't mean the class is as strong as some others. It isn't unplayable-bad, it is not able to compete with the classes I mentioned both because of damage and utility.

I mean, who seriously wants a DPS Scoundrel in their huttball team? Anyone?

It was RBG where we faced him bro. Even tough we where a random group everyone was full t4.

This scrapper is the only freakin player i have problems with on my mara! Ive never seen a player more freakin OP then this dude.

A pre 1.3 screenie! Gonna ask him for some Screenies! (Scrapper at the top)

His dmg is far beyond 400k! Sry for not actually showing his exact dmg score, found the 5.8k Sage crit more impressive.

I was babysitting him like mad the whole BG because i know what he is capable of when left unchecked, taunting him and having guard on his targets. Considering that he was perma snared, perma taunted, never faced a target without guard, perma wither, stunned like mad, knocked arround like cracy and was solo queue and had no healers on his team it is fairly impressive!

Should have taken a screenie of our RBG a few days ago, but i was embarassed getting outdamaged like that on my Mara. ( he had 560k+ dmg)

http://imageshack.us/f/100/screenshot2012062021481.jpg/

Hi. Dirty fighting is a joke for scoundrels. DoT damage is near useless and doesn't actually kill for crap. That being said the spec is buggy as hell and I don't much like spawning in combat.

Please stop perpetuating the myth that somehow Dirty Fighting is a viable replacement for Scrapper, because at the moment it's even worse.

Edited by FrankyMcShanky

i rather kill people! 680k dmg and 24 kills is nothing impressive! Aoe dot dmg means nothing!

I was only able to do so much damage because there was so much healing from the other side, there aren't great masses of people wondering around in huttball to aoe like there are on coast/voidstar/alderaan. We won that game against a far better geared team (they did more damage and healing, we got more objective points) through good ball movement and player control. Surely you'd agree that having a 30 yard range snare as a melee class is very useful in huttball.

Hi. Dirty fighting is a joke for scoundrels. DoT damage is near useless and doesn't actually kill for crap. That being said the spec is buggy as hell and I don't much like spawning in combat.

Please stop perpetuating the myth that somehow Dirty Fighting is a viable replacement for Scrapper, because at the moment it's even worse.

Hi, dirty fighting does better single target sustained damage than scrapper right now, was actually talking to a scoundrel from the guild who isn't playing at the moment last night, he had the same complaints, asked how I got around the slow from running back after dying. I said the trick is not to die. I know, I know it's not fair that the spec is bugged, but this game has more bugs than Paris Hilton's crotch and BW does not seem to be in any hurry to fix them. If you've got smuggled defenses, defense screen is up every 30 seconds, seeing that it lasts for 15, you can activate it early when you know damage is coming, and by the time it goes down, the ability is ready again. We also get 30 seconds off escape, the speed boost from imp dirty kick and 15% less damage from periodic effects.

I only tried dirty fighting a few patches back because I was sick of not being able to get out of combat as a scrapper, and that problem is still around. Perhaps it's a difference of opinion on playstyle, if getting out of combat in swtor made more sense I might still be scrapper, but because it can take such a long time to get out of combat, I figure I'm better off as a build that is built around being in combat, instead of a build built around coming out of stealth into combat.