Paid Character Transfers now plz!

Liamnerek

Zekiel;4751123]Settle down? It's been two weeks. Pretty much everybody that's gonna transfer has transferred.

This is not accurate. I have guild members that still need to transfer but due to real life issues (work, moving, vacation, family illness ) they have been unable to transfer and they have every intention on transferring. We discussed this prior to the servers being announced.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware, please just take my money! Let me transfer to a place I want to go. When it was obvious my original server (Naddist Rebels) was dead, I started a new character on The Fatman. Now I've established relationships on The Fatman and have identically zero desire to go to whatever server (Prophecy of the Five or something) you're allowing Naddist Rebels to transfer to.

Please please please please please just take my legal currency and allow me to move my two 50's from Naddist Rebels to a new server where I've put down roots.

Edited by Phyltr

And the toons on the server he's actively on are either 50 or not. If they're 50, raid with them. If not, level them up (since you've been active on that server anyways) and raid with them. I still don't see how he's being held back. Obviously, if he's had time to level 2 toons to 50 and was leveling other toons before the transfers, he has the time to get the new ones up. I didn't misunderstand anything.

Oh... so all he has to do is quit the server he plays on, leave all his friends behind, and go play on a server he's never played on before, where he probably doesn't know anybody and may not have much in the way of assets?

This is a very clever solution you've thought of and it sounds like a fine way for the guy to enjoy a service that he pays for monthly. They should hire you as a senior VP of marketing.

What the heck is your problem Bioware?

My goodness I have never seen such inept and incompentent MMO game management. Quit tooting your horn over the free transfer service and get off your butts and open up the paid server transfers.

FIX THE PROBLEM YOU CREATED!!

Give us a choice from the destination servers.

Let us consolidate our characters.

How is that so difficult to understand? Why is this and other daily threads on this topic, ignored???

"Bioware: Where we believe doing things halfway is good enough"

Edited by Graydon

What the heck is your problem Bioware?

My goodness I have never seen such inept and incompentent MMO game management. Quit tooting your horn over the free transfer service and get off your butts and open up the paid server transfers.

FIX THE PROBLEM YOU CREATED!!

Give us a choice from the destination servers.

Let us consolidate our characters.

How is that so difficult to understand? Why is this and other daily threads on this topic, ignored???

"Bioware: Where we believe doing things halfway is good enough"

Frustrated a bit much?

This is not accurate. I have guild members that still need to transfer but due to real life issues (work, moving, vacation, family illness ) they have been unable to transfer and they have every intention on transferring. We discussed this prior to the servers being announced.

Hence why I said "pretty much". I wasn't saying OMG STOP FREE TRANSFERS AND MAKE PAID TRANSFERS NAO!

I'm just saying that the vast majority of the player base that's going to transfer, has transferred already, so to imply that "they're waiting on things to level out" is asinine. Because while there are people with issues that have prevented their transfer yet, like working, moving, vacation, illness, they are most assuredly in a very small minority and are not going to offset this notion of balance.

So there's no reason to prevent transfers from opening up more, paid or not. There just ISN'T. And of course, there is no need to shut down the free transfers currently available yet, either, but they've already said they will give plenty of advanced notice when they are going to shut them down.

Edited by E-Zekiel

• 3 weeks later...
I do tend to agree, Paid transfers would open up raid recruitment as well as allowing people who started a legacy on one server, to move to another and not have to start all over. I would gladly have paid 25 dollars to move my 50 to the server my roommate plays on instead of having to level another assassin to 50 to do the same thing i spend 2 months gearing my first one to do.

I wish they let us just go to whatever server we wanted to in the free transfer. Have some friends on another server type but I can't transfer my 50 there. At least not atm. Really hoping they open up the options on server transfer soon.

ok...all the 'Big" news hits....F2P...great, game now - Free to Troll, Pay to get Trolled and not a word about any type of transfer server for those of us wishing to get our characters together...gj EA/Bioware

my next click = unsub

• 4 weeks later...
I don't understand why we can't do this since we know a system is in place--because we've already used it--that works really well. Do you think something else is going on that they're not telling us? Maybe they're not sure if they want to keep this many servers open?

I don't understand why we can't do this since we know a system is in place--because we've already used it--that works really well. Do you think something else is going on that they're not telling us? Maybe they're not sure if they want to keep this many servers open?

It's amazing...

I am assuming the CM's are lurking and indeed do read each post...

However, when it comes to the subject of Paid Transfers, its like you have turned on the lights and they all scatter!!!

Edited by Graydon

What about this mystical phase bleedin 2 of the transfers , I want to know were my 4 Rubat crystal characters new home will be , they have had plenty of time to do phase 2. It's not good for business this at all BW please do something . I want to create more characters , but I can't as just seems pointless untill i know were my characters are going to live.

As for all these people crying out for paid transfers , it's going to be long wait by the looks of it guys , unfortunately....

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Source please.

The source is common freaking sense. Use your brain on this one people.

If I'm wrong, then let a Bioware rep say otherwise and I don't mean the same old par-for-the-course "we have no solid information to give to you at this time" delay tactic they've been using to keep from having to tell the truth.

Historically, anytime a company says something may or not cost something, it's going to cost something and they can't very well charge you easily until their cartel coin system is in place.

Its not brain science or rocket surgery.

Edited by Elfa

If I'm wrong, then let a Bioware rep say otherwise and I don't mean the same old par-for-the-course "we have no solid information to give to you at this time" delay tactic they've been using to keep from having to tell the truth.

Historically, anytime a company says something may or not cost something, it's going to cost something and they can't very well charge you easily until their cartel coin system is in place.

Its not brain science or rocket surgery.

You are assuming way too much. Of course it's common sense, but so was implementing paid transfer service months ago, which they failed to do.

You are assuming way too much. Of course it's common sense, but so was implementing paid transfer service months ago, which they failed to do.

Your point is invalid. Yes, it's common sense, like I said, but its your thought that they should have done this before they had the system in place to charge you for it that is assumption here.

If I'm wrong,

While I am inclined to believe your theory is perfectly logical, your statment indicates that you have some kind of knowledge on he topic, when clearly you do not.

Yes its logical to assume they are going to implement this feature, but if everyone followed your trend of thought and did nothing, its possible that it would be pushed back to some future feature.

Simply put, the more people who demand this feature the more obvious to Bioware they need to staff this feature.

I am in QA in a Global Software company.

Trust me, the squierkier the wheel the more attention a feature gets, its not rocket science and I CAN say this because after 15 years of QA, I know it to be true

This way, later on you wont hear people go off the deep end WHAT? ZOMG! The implemented Pet #487987 before actually considering what the paying subscribers want?

While I am inclined to believe your theory is perfectly logical, your statment indicates that you have some kind of knowledge on he topic, when clearly you do not.

Yes its logical to assume they are going to implement this feature, but if everyone followed your trend of thought and did nothing, its possible that it would be pushed back to some future feature.

Simply put, the more people who demand this feature the more obvious to Bioware they need to staff this feature.

I am in QA in a Global Software company.

Trust me, the squierkier the wheel the more attention a feature gets, its not rocket science and I CAN say this because after 15 years of QA, I know it to be true

This way, later on you wont hear people go off the deep end WHAT? ZOMG! The implemented Pet #487987 before actually considering what the paying subscribers want?

Exactly, this needs to be kept in the forefront. This is a feature most MMO's have at launch; and again, the ability to open this up is there, we've used it, it works.

They've created an emphasis on the new Legacy system, but created an inability to actually utilize it because of scattered toons.

Exactly, this needs to be kept in the forefront. This is a feature most MMO's have at launch; and again, the ability to open this up is there, we've used it, it works.

They've created an emphasis on the new Legacy system, but created an inability to actually utilize it because of scattered toons.

Whilst this is my first game played from launch I find it surprisiing if transfers were available at launch in many games, after all at launch you can just re-roll onto a different server. Why would you pay when you can do that?

Edited by mothear

Whilst this is my first game played from launch I find it surprisiing if transfers were available at launch in many games, after all at launch you can just re-roll onto a different server. Why would you pay when you can do that?

in my predicament after only a few months of playing, I have like 5million credits, 2-3 charaters full of crafting materials and gear.

While Re-rolling a toon might sound fun, and I am rolling new toons, but why would anyone want to have 2 sorcerers when you can spen X dollars and have it moved fully geared and ready to play.

in my predicament after only a few months of playing, I have like 5million credits, 2-3 charaters full of crafting materials and gear.

While Re-rolling a toon might sound fun, and I am rolling new toons, but why would anyone want to have 2 sorcerers when you can spen X dollars and have it moved fully geared and ready to play.

That's different, I was responding to a post that said transfers should be in at launch, in fact they said it was common practice. I do not believe that to be the case and asked for examples. So far none forthcoming not surprisingly.

I agree that transfers should be in by now, possibly on the first definately on the second major update, but at launch, no they are not necessary imo.