Paid Character Transfers now plz!

Liamnerek

You are not the only one, It's 10 minutes before the Euro final match and there is a 45 minute queue to get on my server. You would have thought it would have been a bit quieter this evening because of that, but I still have to queue!

Now the server i wanted to transfer to because the one group of friends who still play this game is heavy but no queue. If they let me move to the server i wanted to then it would balance out of the population, and I would be able to play with the friends I want, with the characters I want.

Lets be honest they only thing they care about is ££. If you want them to take notice then take off the automatic renewal off your subcription. Just setup a 1 month subscription, cancel after 1 day which will let you put a reason and still play for the remaining 29 days. You can then make the decision each month if bioware are delivering enough to renew each month.

I've got another 2 weeks, I'll probably pay for another month BUT I will cancel after 1 day and my reason will be the unavailabilty to play on ther server I want with the characters I want. i.e. paid transfers and of course the constant queuing. Unless those are both solved, I won't be paying for a second month.

Making your feeling know with your subcription, as the only thing they care about is the ££.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people so desperate to pay for transfers? If you guys read interviews you would have noticed Emmanuel saying that they will remain free, unlike some other MMOs. What you guys are ************ about is when they will open the transfers to more servers in different directions, and I'm right there with you.

Bump.

Since the mod killed my post, this is the only active post on the subject now. Need more people to show their support of this much needed feature and to voice their opinions on it.. We aren't looking for a handout, just a much needed feature that we will pay for.. Or maybe a little more information on plans for it?

I've been waiting for paid transfers for quite some time now for characters I'm not willing to delete.

I think they should implement Paid transfers now & start off with a higher price tag per character

for the first month.

Why are people so desperate to pay for transfers? If you guys read interviews you would have noticed Emmanuel saying that they will remain free, unlike some other MMOs. What you guys are ************ about is when they will open the transfers to more servers in different directions, and I'm right there with you.

From the FAQ:

Does it cost anything to transfer my characters?

The initial Character Transfer Service is free of charge, allowing you to move as many characters as you wish from select origin servers to select destination servers, as long as you have character slots available on your destination server. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

You know, they should do free transfers from any server to any server you already have a level 50 on. This would settle the population "problems" that might be created with a go anywhere system, because you're either transferring alts or creating one (the one already there). It would also make a lot of us happy. Paid service for anything else would be ok.

This.

I would love to be able to move my toons from US east coast to Eu server...i got deployed on US coast at launch with my guild but they have since left and now i want to move to a server nearer to home...paid or free i made new toons and have since lvl'd 2 to 50 on the new EU server so let me get all my toons together under 1 legacy

But bioware cant even get in game support right so we will be wait a long time for this to happen

Edited by Ipea

They should let us transfer for free to and from servers which have characters created before the original free transfers. Some of us decided to roll characters on different servers rather than quit because of low pops so .... yeah, hows about a "thank you"

Paid should come after ... or during I guess, for those who just want to transfer for other reasons

At the very least a secondary destination server for those who have issues with their current destination would be helpful.

I can see why they don't want paid to show up before they have fully operational battlestations...err I mean... mega-servers. Players would end up 'unintentionally' paying to crash the servers they have access to... or at least creating worse queues.

I'd just like to move my remaining characters which are conflicting with the destination server, to a server where they'll actually have space to expand.

I was hoping to find some information on additional server transfers. The one destination available to me is full and I would need either an additional destination server to transfer too or additional slots. :jawa_confused:

Actually, If additional slots are going to be made available in the near future I would really like the possible details of this before any additional transfers are available. I would really hate to have as my only option a paid transfer, pay to transfer my toons and then a few days later find out that additional slots are available and have to either keep my toons on different servers or pay to move them over to consolidate them all on one.

I want to be clear that I am not looking for a date on when a such a thing would happen, but what the potential of such a thing would happen as it would be very frustrating to me, and others, if the above situation were to occur. :jawa_frown:

Thank you so much for any info you have! :jawa_biggrin:

I honestly think they're waiting for additional char slots before paid transfers, I just really wish they wouldn't do something so dumb. You don't need to hold one back without releasing the other. Just give a yes/no on additional character slots, and let those who wish to transfer, transfer in the meantime.

I honestly think they're waiting for additional char slots before paid transfers, I just really wish they wouldn't do something so dumb. You don't need to hold one back without releasing the other. Just give a yes/no on additional character slots, and let those who wish to transfer, transfer in the meantime.

That's absolutely right. Currently I have to stay on a PvE-Server while nearly all of my friends rerolled on an RP-Server. I don't have the time to level new characters while waiting for a chance to transfer the other chars to them, so by now I don't play at all, and that won't change until we finally get the chance to transfer without limitations.

I really don't care if I have to pay for such a transfer or not. At the moment all I want is to be reunited with my friends so I can play again.

I'm getting steadily more annoyed because people keep telling me to reroll my characters.

Nothing gets me to burn out faster on an MMO than rerolling a character that is literally the same. Same race, same exact class (even shadow vs assassin is enough of a difference for me), same everything, just to get everything all over again. So that's basically the "cancel sub" option. Which I keep thinking about anyway. WHY are we not getting any word beyond "oh we'll get to it sometime".

Why not tell us what the hold up is? What you're waiting for? Because we happen to think the things you're waiting for are dumb?

That's absolutely right. Currently I have to stay on a PvE-Server while nearly all of my friends rerolled on an RP-Server. I don't have the time to level new characters while waiting for a chance to transfer the other chars to them, so by now I don't play at all, and that won't change until we finally get the chance to transfer without limitations.

I really don't care if I have to pay for such a transfer or not. At the moment all I want is to be reunited with my friends so I can play again.

Very well-said. I'm dying to transfer my character from a PvE server to RP-PvP, and I'm very willing to pay for it. Now that transfer architecture has been in place and working smoothly, can we please have an update on paid transfers?

Very well-said. I'm dying to transfer my character from a PvE server to RP-PvP, and I'm very willing to pay for it. Now that transfer architecture has been in place and working smoothly, can we please have an update on paid transfers?

/signed Don't forget all the things they took out during 1.2 I've got 2 mounts which are discontinued and all the ratghoul event stuff.

Ultimately if I can't play on the same server as my friends with the character I want = no sub, and unhappy EA shareholders.

It should be a free transfer to take a lvl 50 from a west to east coast server, but I'm willing to pay.

It just needs to be done. Bioware, you're punishing your paying customers for your mistake and inability to keep the servers populated. Now instead of shutting them down, you keep them pointlessly open with only select transfers.

That was a start, however, I still can not transfer a lvl 50 on Bergeren to Ebon Hawk for the only reason being they're not on the same coast?

Get it in gear guys, your making rookie mistakes in the MMO world, you should learn from your compitition and figure out where they failed and do the reverse. Just like figuring out what did work, and making it better.

Let me give you my money.

It should be a free transfer to take a lvl 50 from a west to east coast server, but I'm willing to pay.

It just needs to be done. Bioware, you're punishing your paying customers for your mistake and inability to keep the servers populated. Now instead of shutting them down, you keep them pointlessly open with only select transfers.

That was a start, however, I still can not transfer a lvl 50 on Bergeren to Ebon Hawk for the only reason being they're not on the same coast?

Get it in gear guys, your making rookie mistakes in the MMO world, you should learn from your compitition and figure out where they failed and do the reverse. Just like figuring out what did work, and making it better.

Let me give you my money.

/signed!

Bioware has failed to satisfy their customers who made rerolls on the popular severs when their's became ghost towns.

If BW is going to put a lot of focus and effort into this Legacy crap, then let us consolidate our characters into a Legacy. Unbelievable how BW does not understand this.

They made this mess, they need to clean it up and clean it up right.

Amazes me how you all want to "pay" for transfers. But I do need t be able to move my toons. I feel like I'm going backwards in this game and am ready to let my sub run out..again. Until I can get all my toons in one spot..I really feel like its pointless to play.

I re-rolled a new Sentinel on a populated server and have many maxed out Skill toons on dead servers. I cant provide my newbie with the right stuff I know I can make. So I just log off, disappointed. There's nothing like looking at overpriced items on the GTN when you know you have 100 of the items on a dead server on a neglected 50. And all I needed was one for my newbie.

They are losing me..again. And I had hopes for 1.3.

/signed

This should be here by now, at least in my honest opinion. My guess is, they are holding it back for a very good reason - whether they are correct or not is another thing.

I can tell you that 'good reason'. It's because they want us to actually have a population (which we now have) and not have people just start transferring to other servers to do their own thing. Paid transfers would just gradually make our high pop servers not so high pop anymore...

...that would suck.

I can tell you that 'good reason'. It's because they want us to actually have a population (which we now have) and not have people just start transferring to other servers to do their own thing. Paid transfers would just gradually make our high pop servers not so high pop anymore...

...that would suck.

1. Transfers would still be restricted among "Destination" servers.

2. A majority of subscribers would like their characters on a single server. Combining toons will NOT add to the population.

3. There is no 'good reason'.