Bioware PvP really sucks at 50, why is that?

Jakoby

So please elaborate. What do you think the solution is - the solution to help PVP become better as a whole in the game, so that all people can enjoy it whether they win or lose?

There isn't one. No matter what you do someone will win and someone will lose. The loser will generally feel that they are an extremely talented player and blame the loss on gear, pugs, classes, or what have you.

Could it be...

1) Expertise unbalances player skill aspect discouraging players from grinding PvP gear.

2) Could it be many of your favorite PvE abilities are locked out?

3) Could it be your favorite toons have been nerfed into obscurity whil others were buffed too much.

4) Could it be the Empire players took advantage early on and gained a huge advantage over Republic players during the Ilum days?

5) Could it be Republic mechanics are clunky making rotations alot different from Empire players?

6) Could it be the matching mechanic does not prorperly match groups based on gear?

7) Could it be all of the above?

I say yes it is, prior to 50 I really enjoy PvP but now even in full Battlemaster my Sage just sucks Post 1.1. I've been nerfed twice, and now my epic project ability looks like a knee capper. I am sooo disgusted. Telekinetics no longer has a place in PvP, one must spec balance or healing to even be considered. I hate to say it but I hear Guild Wars calling. I've given you all the opportunity to fix this game that I can but it just keeps getting worse.

It's a sad, sad day.

Laters,

Jakoby

PS: Why did you ever put Expertise in this game? That's the person you should be firing, the idiot that made that decision.

Or could it be secret answer number 8!

8) PvP in the level 50 bracket is comprised of players on a completely different level of skill than those that you typically see in the lowbie brackets abusing warzones for xp. So you either need to pick up your game or head on over to the swtor forums to QQ it up!

Edited by FourTwent

As an advocate for removal of expertise, the argument "raid people will have better gears than me!" "oh noes", is nothing but smoke... each class deserves set 50 stats, you come in as a gunslinger, you have certain stats, you come in as a scoundrel dps you have certain stats, scoundrel healing, certain stats.... pvp is about skill, balance is achievable, and you do NOT alienate your player base, cause lets face it, how many people want to suffer for weeks upon weeks to get the gear, ESPECIALLY if they are a casual player, WHO has a job, and a family to take care of, and adult responsibilities. Gear progression belongs in PvE, set stats belong in PvP, it is by having set stats that a company can even hope to achieve balance. nuf said. (btw before you cry wahhhhh, scrubby, go play something else, I have 1 full WH geared char 2 bm/wh mixed, and I still hate expertise.)

As an advocate for removal of expertise, the argument "raid people will have better gears than me!" "oh noes", is nothing but smoke... each class deserves set 50 stats, you come in as a gunslinger, you have certain stats, you come in as a scoundrel dps you have certain stats, scoundrel healing, certain stats.... pvp is about skill, balance is achievable, and you do NOT alienate your player base, cause lets face it, how many people want to suffer for weeks upon weeks to get the gear, ESPECIALLY if they are a casual player, WHO has a job, and a family to take care of, and adult responsibilities. Gear progression belongs in PvE, set stats belong in PvP, it is by having set stats that a company can even hope to achieve balance. nuf said. (btw before you cry wahhhhh, scrubby, go play something else, I have 1 full WH geared char 2 bm/wh mixed, and I still hate expertise.)

I'd be more fun to have a randomly selected gear level that everyone gets scaled to meet. That way you have control over your itemization (which is a fun meta-game in itself) while still being balanced. By randomly selecting the gear level, the classes that "scale better" don't always have an advantage

I'd be more fun to have a randomly selected gear level that everyone gets scaled to meet. That way you have control over your itemization (which is a fun meta-game in itself) while still being balanced. By randomly selecting the gear level, the classes that "scale better" don't always have an advantage

expound a bit on that... i don't quite get what you are saying