Really? Compaion Gifts?

Wraiven

You know, it's bad enough I have to even look at an option for companion gifts with Diplomacy but to zone FOUR times and STILL have nothing but Companion Gifts as options to chose from is just utterly ridiculous! Devs...do you guys honestly think that is helping my crafting? I know there is need for them on the market, but when all I have to chose from is Companion gifts, it really turns me off from even bothering with Biochem. I know you guys are all about some time sinks, but this is a bunch of BS.

If I am trying to craft and get my crafting skill up, I don't want to see anymore than 1 companion gift option, more less all of the missions being companion gifts. Bioware has alot to learn about MMOs...this much is for certain.You guys are trying way too hard to come up with ways of keeping players in game.

Allow me to be your wisdom here...

Time Sinks are not the answer. Instead (novel idea here, to be sure) try focusing more on making a game that is *fun* to play. Time Sinks = Frustration = /Quit game. Fun = Enjoyment = Paid subscriptions.

UPDATE: For some reason, even now, I get nothing but companion gifts for tier three diplomacy missions. I am willing to bet that this is a bug, and not intended by Bioware. Can anyone confirm?

UPDATE 2: Seems this is a bug, as more people are saying this same thing happens to them as well. Certain tiers are being stuck on companion gifts, no matter what trick you use. In which case is slightly game breaking, since there is no way to progress through you chosen crafting skill.

Edited by Wraiven

just do the companion missions and get over it. if you want to work on your crafting, you should be using the gifts to max your companions so they craft better. if they are maxed, sell the gifts on the gtn and use the cash to buy mats. really not that big a deal.

Soooo... just do a couple companion gift missions and you'll get other options when they return. Seems stunningly easy.

right...that works.

Nope, not my first time doing crafting. Been here since Beta. They return, more companion gift missions in it's place. Please do not assume I am an idiot by telling me things so obvious. I know all the tricks. If those tricks were working for me, I would not be here complaining and giving people reasons to say "QQ"

OP overreacted to the situation, and is being flamed as a result.

but OPs point is valid, although it doesnt annoy me quite as much as it seems to annoy him :D

would be nice to have a garanteed variation on mission rewards per tier, but it shouldnt annoy you that much :p

It's not that bad. Look at it as part of the game. Yes, it may be frustrating, boring or whatever you wish to call it...but it is part of the game. May of us do share your opinion that it is not fun, that's granted...but we also accept it as part of what we need to do in order to bring our crafting up. We do it and move on.

I hope you find the peace that you seek as right now you're obviously frustrated. It's all good my friend.

A trick I learned is that when you send your companion's away on the missions, about 5 minutes later (APPROX, I have not actually timed it, so be patient if it is a little more than 5 min) a new random set of missions are up.

I then cancel my companion's current missions, getting a refund in the process of the mission cost, and then re-send them choosing from the newly populated mission options.

Just tell me this still works since the patch! :)

just do the companion missions and get over it. if you want to work on your crafting, you should be using the gifts to max your companions so they craft better. if they are maxed, sell the gifts on the gtn and use the cash to buy mats. really not that big a deal.

Selling companion gifts on the GTN is my primary source of income...lol

right...that works.

Nope, not my first time doing crafting. Been here since Beta. They return, more companion gift missions in it's place. Please do not assume I am an idiot by telling me things so obvious. I know all the tricks. If those tricks were working for me, I would not be here complaining and giving people reasons to say "QQ"

yea you would since you are doing a great job of it now.

At this point, I am going to say it is bugged, even now, with all tier three Diplomacy missions, it *still* will not give me anything but companion gifts.

If I don't like any of the given missions, I simply choose one I like from a lower tier--personally I do no crafting at all but picked up Diplomacy to get the companion gifts and bribe Vette into marrying my Jugg, but yeah sometimes they are all medical supplies (going all out DS running no LS missions) so again I just do a lower tier mission. Slicing and treasure hunting I go after nothing but lockboxes again sometimes having to run a lower level mission or 2 before the one I want is again available

Edited by StaticJoe

Soooo... just do a couple companion gift missions and you'll get other options when they return. Seems stunningly easy.

Nope, the new missions are also gifts. I sent 5 companions out on that 1 tier just to try and clear it and all the news ones that came after were more gifts. Seeing the same on my underworld trading on 2 toons also at tier 4.

Then I am not the only one, which confirms my suspicion that this is a bug...game breaking bug that needs immediate attention. In that case, would be nice if a Moderator moved this to the proper location.

I use Underworld trading for my Armortech crafter and noticed that I am also getting sooo many Companion Gift missions now rather than metals / fabrics.. I am thinking there has been a shift on the mission selection mechanic.

Seems the more I ran actual crafting missions the less options I was seeing in the list, especially rich, abundant and bountiful missions.... could be a bug, could be coincidence, or could be a stealth change.... hopefully players feeling affected might send in tickets and get it noticed, at least to look into and come back and say nope WAI.

EDIT... Just read your latest post OP... its hardly gamebreaking... the crafting missions still pop, you just have to keep sending the comapnions out on those gift missions... wait a few then cancel and get an updated list, thats what I tend to do at least.

Edited by Bloodstealer

Then I am not the only one, which confirms my suspicion that this is a bug...game breaking bug that needs immediate attention. In that case, would be nice if a Moderator moved this to the proper location.

I run a lot tier 5 and 6 Dip missions on two different characters and can't remember, for the life of me, having only gift missions come up. I don't remember being stymied at the lower levels while bringing up my Diplomacy to 400 on each character. At this point, I only run abundant or better medical supply missions. If none come up, I just either drop to a lower tier or run Bioanalysis missions since both of my characters with dip have bio as well.

Crafting in swtor is very rng based. That is true in all aspects from the missions you get to the results of each mission (or item craft or RE). People experience negitive streaks in that kind of enviornment. My work around is that although I have two characters that I play, I have all eight slots filled and each of the eight characters have three 400 level crew skills . I can pretty much always find the type of crafting mission that I need / want and my slicers return plenty of missions for my dip, UT, Inv, etc. skilled characters to run. When I log in to play and just before I log off, I spend ten minutes sending every companion on every character out on a mission and so have ended up with cargo holds full of the mats I will need when I need them and a steady supply of "stuff" to put up in the GTN which funds the crafting missions and returns a profit.

Crazy and frustrating at times - yes, but broken - no I have not seen that. Rng is rng,

If I am trying to craft and get my crafting skill up, I don't want to see anymore than 1 companion gift option, more less all of the missions being companion gifts. Bioware has alot to learn about MMOs...this much is for certain.You guys are trying way too hard to come up with ways of keeping players in game.

And some people are more interested in the companion gifts than medical supplies. They don't want to see more than one medical supplies.

I think Bioware needs to find a way to keep them even.