The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grapple bug's in pvp

Veldt_Hie

I thought i'd start a thread going to see if anyone in the larger community is having the same problems our server is currently having with grapple and pull not working correctly in pvp. It seems that many of my guildies that i am running ranked and other guilds i have chatted with are experienced this issue.

The issue is i am using grapple to pull a marked target into our focus fire area's and regularly they appear to move then reappear back in their original position (and no, before i see the trolls they have not had full resolve and/or been charged).

The issue seems even more prevalent in hutball where the different levels, i.e. y/z axis, are causing lag issues across the board.

On a slightly different note, why bioware would you lower the roof in Civil War mid turret, effectively making it almost impossible to use our only gap closer on people using the mezzanine level. They just simply bounce off the roof back onto the edge, where they either continue to cast away with only a minor annoyance or bug out and start moving up and down between the levels.

Yeah I have been having this issue only since 1.3 hit. When grappling someone instead of the nice linear 'pull' animation with them flying through the air, they will instead teleport with a bit of a delay. Because of the delay and lack of animation it's hard to know sometimes whether or not the grapple has been successful- or if they've popped a defensive CD to resist, or someone else has grappled them or whatever.

Yeah put me down for that as well.

Noticed that this morning when running a couple of simple missions while leveling my BH in Belsavis. Would go to Grapple a strong like normal and he wouldn't move. Good thing for Jet Charge.

Make sure if you haven't already to bug it in game.

Edited by LanysDekari

All abilities that tended to forcibly move people (grapple, knockbacks, even air vents in huttball) were bugged in 1.3, they were supposed to fix it with this morning's patch...but who rly believes when they claim to fix anything anymore?

• 2 weeks later...