Sorc/Sage heals need to be returned to pre 1.2, other heals need buffs

BurnsTwoThree

Pre 1.2 Healers were individually overpowered.

1.2 Healers were individually balanced but once cross healing entered the picture they were clearly overpowered.

1.3 Fixes some of the cross healing and makes Healers more reliant on Tanks for survivability..

Marginalises DPS??? You serious? Wow. I cannot imagine how incredibly poor you must be to think that.

It is *SO* easy to play an MDPS right now. Laughably, hilariously easy. To effectively kill a sage on my jugg i have to hit 6 abilities. SIX ABILITIES. (Enrage, charge, obliterate, smash, scream, vicious slash, at that point any non-guarded sage is below 30% and hence effectively dead (due to finishers), 1/3 of the abilies are also interupts/roots too, so they have literally no chance). I have it macrod, its just the same every time >>> dead sage.

To kill a jugg on my sorc (when Im DPS spec) I have to kite it using everything I have for around 30 seconds. If the jugg is even semi competent they will stop me from kiting as they have so many options for gap reduction.

I'm not even going to mention what its like as full heal spec vs melee nvm marauders and the joke def cds they have. If you cant see the imbalance there you are clearly intentionally ignoring it.

• Currently in 1.3 it takes 1 DPS to look at a non op healer and they are dead.
  • In 1.2 one DPS could guaranteed kill a solo healer unless they were clinically deficient.
  • In 1.1 healers were a little overpowered (a little....).

Healers being reliant on Tanks for survivability is a good thing. DPS rely on Healers to stay up long enough to output good damage. Tanks rely on Healers to stay up long enough to keep the Healer alive longer..

Dps are not reliant on healers at all. Its quicker for a dps to kill the opposition healer and get OOC than to spend the whole game peeling for a healer who is constantly on the brink of death / running miles away from the objective. The only class reliant on healers are tanks who are effectively non-existent in most PvP games now.

You may not like this dynamic and you want it to require 2 DPS to kill 1 Healer but that marginalizes both the DPS role and the Tank role. This way all the class types are needed. I am sorry if you aren't a fan of this but it is true. This isn't WoW, stop expecting it to work like WoW.

Never played WoW but nice assumption. My background is large scale PvP games where I am consistently one of the top players. The point is not that "I want my class to be better than yours" (although that seems to be your choice), the point is that we have strategic, skilled and FUN pvp that each class and role has a point in. Currently there is nothing that a sorc or merc healer can bring that an op cant do better.

Extract yourself from your intrinsic bias and tribalism, take a step back and you will see that the current state is FAR from correct.

I play a jugg, I have no interest in nerfing all DPS into the ground. I just want a fun, balanced PvP experience with some strategy and tactics involved.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.2 Healers were individually balanced but once cross healing entered the picture they were clearly overpowered.

1.3 Fixes some of the cross healing and makes Healers more reliant on Tanks for survivability.

Healers being reliant on Tanks for survivability is a good thing. DPS rely on Healers to stay up long enough to output good damage. Tanks rely on Healers to stay up long enough to keep the Healer alive longer.

You may not like this dynamic and you want it to require 2 DPS to kill 1 Healer but that marginalizes both the DPS role and the Tank role. This way all the class types are needed. I am sorry if you aren't a fan of this but it is true. This isn't WoW, stop expecting it to work like WoW.

posts like yours make me bash my head against the wall

Edited by ccoolmint

Also, as a Marauder, I use plain-looking (but fully PvP-socketed) vibroblades. You'd be surprised how much less attention they draw, compared to lightsabers.

If you read Battering Assault carefully you will notice that it says that it requires two lightsabers. If you can still use vibroblades even with it saying lightsabers please tell me.

It's pretty clear who BW wants to be having fun in this game.

Giving some DPS classes nothing but instants, abilities that ignore GCD, mobility and defensives- you have people here who are saying 'durrr, healers should not be able to survive cuz they just heal others', like a healer must be reliant on having someone else in all cases.

Yet- that's not the case for DPS- damage dealers can survive, damage, sometimes even self heal all on their own. If you're going to have DPS have all that, you need to either give healers better survivability and ability to get off heals- or take away all DPS defensives and mobility abilities so that they can rely on tanks for CC/keeping enemies locked down so they can be damaged, and healers for survival.

It's a disparity- and it's clear because DPS get a role that is easy and enjoyable- while healers get to be locked down and killed over and over in record time while being unable to do something.

Also- there's a difference between saying 'get a second DPS to kill a healer' and 'get a second healer to heal you'. A second DPS will have maybe 5-7 seconds of their time used to kill that healer you're trying to kill, while a second healer will just have to keep on healing. I don't see how DPS don't get this- but when you focus someone and kill them, that takes them out of the fight for potentially half a minute or longer- if you focus heal someone that keeps them alive until you stop focus healing them.

Any player who thinks a DPS should auto kill any healer than 1v1 is a complete and utter moron who only plays DPS and cares zero for actually balanced and skilled pvp- the type of player who you're always yelling at the focus healers in a game, and who thinks that tunnel visioning is skill.

Healers have to cross heal in packs of 4-5 because that's the only way to stay alive- maybe if healers could survive on their own you wouldn't need half a team of them, if anything the insanely low TTK is making you need to take even more healers because they're so ineffectual on their own.

Dps are not reliant on healers at all. Its quicker for a dps to kill the opposition healer and get OOC than to spend the whole game peeling for a healer who is constantly on the brink of death / running miles away from the objective. The only class reliant on healers are tanks who are effectively non-existent in most PvP games now.

The DPS shouldn't be peeling for the Healer. That is the Tank's job. The Tank protects the Healer, the Healer heals the DPS and the Tank, the DPS kills enemy targets.

By making Healers more vulnerable to defeat it creates an incentive for people to make Tanks.

1.3 Fixes some of the cross healing and makes Healers more reliant on Tanks for survivability.

Healers being reliant on Tanks for survivability is a good thing. DPS rely on Healers to stay up long enough to output good damage. Tanks rely on Healers to stay up long enough to keep the Healer alive longer.

Except DPS are not reliant on healers at all- you absolutely do not need a healer with you as a DPS to take on any class 1v1.

Also- it takes 2 DPS at most 10 seconds if they're terrible to kill a healer- that shuts the healer out of the game for half a minute, at which those two dps can focus other targets.

Two healers focusing on one player however only keeps that player alive for as long as they focus heals- I don't see how it's such a hard concept for you to still not understand focusing healers in pvp despite it being the norm in pvp for years.

Yet- that's not the case for DPS- damage dealers can survive, damage, sometimes even self heal all on their own. If you're going to have DPS have all that, you need to either give healers better survivability and ability to get off heals- or take away all DPS defensives and mobility abilities so that they can rely on tanks for CC/keeping enemies locked down so they can be damaged, and healers for survival.

It is clear that you don't like DPS and that you especially don't like Melee DPS.

Right now DPS die very fast when attacked, just as fast as Healers usually, sometimes they might live a whole 5 seconds longer. (Oh noes! They can survive 3 whole global cool downs! The horror!) DPS, especially melee DPS, are also vulnerable to roots, snares, stuns, mezzes, and the like.

Healers are not Tanks and should not have Tank-like survivability.

Seriously Fungi, just go group with a Tank and try it out. You will find it a lot more fun.

The DPS shouldn't be peeling for the Healer. That is the Tank's job. The Tank protects the Healer, the Healer heals the DPS and the Tank, the DPS kills enemy targets.

By making Healers more vulnerable to defeat it creates an incentive for people to make Tanks.

So the DPS is 100% self sufficient (you said the opposite 10 mins ago btw) but healers and tanks have to team to stand a chance. Nice thought process. How about we just take a shortcut and just give you a nice big red I win button.

Oh wait you have undying rage.

Edited by Annex

Basically what I read here... and I didn't need to read much is that... Healers need a buff and need to live longer?

LOL... seriously?

Anyone that has gone up against a competent team realizes that with enough heals on a team that it is almost impossible to cap nodes, doors etc. The objectives are based on people dying. Have you not noticed the pre-mades running 4 healers lately. It took people a while to figure it out but if you run 3-4 CAPABLE healers it is near impossible to kill anything which makes it almost impossible to take objectives from a competent team. No deaths means there is always someone alive to throw down a knockback, AOE, etc to keep people from capping objectives. I've seen this a lot on Swift Sure and Bastion. The LAST thing anyone needs is more durable healers.

4 healers, with 2 tanks and 2 DPS is beast mode. If you don't believe me get a capable team together with that set up and you can keep the entire team up all game. Running against this set up (with pugs) it is damn near impossible to kill anyone. In a voidstar last night I racked up near 600k damage and had 3 kills.... :eek:

Even throwing everything at em it was just hard to take anyone down. Some of these guys are beast at cross healing and guarding to keep the team alive. It's impressive when done right and I'm seeing it catch on more and more and we're going to be stealing the set up as well to compete.

You my friend haven't been in a rated.

4 Healers are no problem. You just need 5 people. 3 keep each 1 busy. Good healers in this game can be locked out by a single player. 2 Pile on one and chain their interrupts and burst down one. Once one dies you move onto the next with 3 v 1, then 4 v 1, then finally 5 v 1. Dead, done, and it takes less than 1 minute 20 seconds to achieve.

4 Healers are no problem. You just need 5 people. 3 keep each 1 busy. Good healers in this game can be locked out by a single player. 2 Pile on one and chain their interrupts and burst down one. Once one dies you move onto the next with 3 v 1, then 4 v 1, then finally 5 v 1. Dead, done, and it takes less than 1 minute 20 seconds to achieve.

People just dont get this atm.

You have bad and vocal dpsers saying "DERP I CANT KILL HELERRRR OPDSS!!!" but good DPS realise that a static healer is a free kill no matter their skill level.

The only people who think healers are currently balanced are:

• Very bad players
  • People who play against very bad people
  • People with vested interests
  • Bloody minded types who will ALWAYS claim balance and "L2P" as a badge of honour rather than making rational assessments

Edited by Annex

You only need the same number of DPS as healers to win. Even if it's 4on4, eventually one of those guys will win his 1on1 match and then it's over since he finishes his healer and then mops up the rest. The other 3 healers can't be healing the healer that's losing or they'd lose their 1on1 match much faster. Yes you can potentially throw in some AEs but this is completely neglecting the fact that these 4 DPS might just decide to focus on one particular vulnerable healer too.

The time I lose against healer is when they outnumber me, and it's pretty much ridiculous to expect any one DPS to beat two healers. That said, I can still kill a healer some of the time even 1on2 because the second healer cannot be healing the healer I'm beating on at all times unless he doesn't care about the rest of his team.

Now there are the DPS who never figured out that they're supposed to attack the healers, so yes if you've 4 healers but the enemy 8 DPS are all attacking your DPS it's not too hard to beat them. In fact, they'd need at least 4 guys who are smart enough to realize they should attack your healer instead, so you're pretty safe versus PUGs. Against rated guys, not so much.

Edited by Astarica

Well you see not only does our fake get interrupted but our next cast gets interrupted as well. We have 2-3 casted spells(depending on how we spec), and a channeled spell. I have had all of these interrupted before. So 4 interuptable spells. Its VERY common for a team to have 4+dps not including tanks and healers that can also throw interrupts. Is this good play YES IT IS VERY GOOD PLAY by a team to rotate interrupts. But even still for christ sake WE SHOULD HAVE SOME CHANCE to heal. That is what were trying to say.

So 4 members of the other team plus their healers are focusing you with dps, rotated interrupts, and stuns and you expect to have "some chance" to heal thru that? With 4+ players on me, you know what I expect to do: respawn. Anyone on the bad end of a 4 on 1 isn't gonna be too effective at their job. In the "best and most balanced pvp mmo evur", 1 interrupt locked out your entire suite of heal spells, not just the 1 thing you were casting. I can only imagine the QQ if that happened here.

So what are you looking for that's really going to let you heal effectively under focus fire in ranked at the highest skill/gear level in the game? Stealth heals? Super bubble for 10 secs of total immunity while dpsing or healing? Maybe an instant cast CD that heals 100% hp to yourself or a friendly target? Maybe heavy armor and a shield too... oops wrong game again. Even if you had a "take 1/2 dmg for 10 secs" CD you'd live for 10 whole seconds instead of 5, doing nothing but being chain stunned and interrupted while being focused down by 4 players.

If I was going to take a real crack at fixing sorc healing I'd start with making the big heal the same cast time that the other 2 healers have for starters. Give em a decent instant cast heal on a reasonable CD so they can do "something" on the run. I could also see hooking sorcs up with something like an aoe "fear", which would help break up melee focus fire and give another means of temporary escape. But even if i make sorcs into priests, in "that other game" the light armor heals also folded fast under focus and the bubble shield wasn't great in pvp there either.

Healers crack me up... They actually think that if a maurader is on them bursting them down, then they should just be able to mindlessly sit there and heal themselves through two lightsabers ripping them apart... im glad they changed what they did in 1.2 where crappy healers could run around healing themselves thus making 1v1 non-viable.

Oh ... and by the way good healers still manage a ton of healing and keep themselves up just fine. Don't blame the game for your failings.

None of the good healers are asking for changes so we can just stand around and heal. I can already tell you are another one of those horribad DPS who could not do anything to go healers pre-1.2. As of now you cannot simply just move away from a geared DPS as we HAVE to move to cast, if we cannot cast we die. The big problem is that our heals are too slow and inefficient for us to move as well.

Healers reduce the damage someone has already taken, yes. That is what healers do. Healers are not supposed to be able to protect themselves from DPS. That is the job of the Tank.

This game is basically DPS vs Healer.

DPS kill Healers.

Tanks protect Healers from DPS.

Healers keep DPS and Tanks alive.

You do not belong in the PvP forums. You have next to no idea of how to PvP nor do I think you are any good at anything you do in this game. Just stop while you are this far behind.

You have been QQ'ing in multiple threads for months about how you can't kill healers, its getting old and no one here likes you, so why do you still post?

@OP I agree 100% bro. Sorcs/sages are in a terrible state right now and hopefully BW will fix it before more healers/players leave the game :(

Thank you for having some sense. That guy is a clown that obviously cannot play this game above a casual level.

They removed adrenals and on use relics. Controlled burst is completely gone. If anything you should be having a easier time. BTW stop pugging.
Yeah but War Hero geared Sentinels and Marauders are hitting for 5k+ with Force Scream/Froce Sweep and 4k+ with Saber Throw. Damage is overtuned regardless of what they did with Adrendals and Relics. No one is talking about pugging, my group has some top players on our server on a lot of the top guild from our previous server pre-transfers. Edited by BurnsTwoThree

The sorc slow is terrible- for a class that relies on kiting entirely, the only instant slow has a significantly higher CD than the duration- while classes like marauder, juggernaut, PT can keep up slows permanently. There's no root unless you go fully into madness (which blows for healing) or go hybrid (which removes a huge chunk of bonus healing, you have to spend a lot of time damaging to keep your resource up and can't just heal, AND, you lose your AoE heal which is your best heal as a sorc).

Healing doesn't scale well compared to damage- damage first off doesn't get a flat 30% penalty like healing does, but, if you also look at how much healing you get from stats- you get considerably more bonus damage than bonus healing.

You have almost no instants- you get a bubble and a HoT, both of which are small and have CDs. The bubble doesn't scale particularly well- from launch until now your top bubble has gone from about 3k to maybe 3.5k damage prevented- now, that said, the bubble is a sorc's best healing ability in pvp since you can actually get it off... but that also speaks volumes for how bad your main heals are. It also can't crit, and thus doesn't benefit from any stats- alacrity, surge, critical. It benefits from power.

Dark heal- heals very little for a large cost- with how consumption works it costs you as much life to cast this as you actually heal- it heals on average under 2k health, costs 50 force- consumption costs 11% health (at 18000 that's 1910 health), for 8% force (at 600 that's 48). Using it to heal yourself you'd literally go in circles forever.

DI- the good heal- in full BM, with all my CDs used, I can sometimes crit for 5k. Has a 2.5 second cast though- fact is, you will not get this off.

When you start to heal yourself or someone, you're taking almost two of their GCDs- during which they can hit you twice, likely for as much or more damage than you're going to heal, they can also use a free GCD to interrupt that heal- meaning you've just spent that time for nothing at all. A dps only has to burst you to kill you, but if they don't kill you in that burst they can still keep trying to kill you or keep you occupied- on the flip side, a healer has to play perfectly during the burst- and unlike the DPS if they fail they just die, if they succeed they still have to keep it up not until they get the upper hand, but until the DPS is able to throw a burst/interrupt combo again... only, most DPS CDs are lower, and a DPS gets the luxury of choosing when they want to go.

Ultimately- it ends up with DPS getting to dictate how the fight goes, and the healer having to be reactionary every time, on CDs that are generally much poorer. A DPS can shut down a healer with interrupts or well timed CC- a healer can't interrupt most DPS and can't pressure a DPS in any way. Ultimately- it ends up with DPS having all the freedom in the world, while healers and tanks end up being chained to teammates with how they do being tied directly to how teammates do.

Now, the only thing to be thankful for is most action bars look like a mess- there's a good 25+ abilities per class, and that's 15 more abilities than most players can handle. But, against good players- lock down abilities, instant damage and pressure all are given to some of the DPS classes which gives those that are good a big advantage over healers with very little they can do while moving, very little to get out of choke holds, and unfortunately almost nothing in ways of instants and abilities outside of GCD.

And, no defensive CDs- why is there only once class with no defensive CDs? No, the CC for sorcs isn't overwhelming- a KB, cast time single target mez and a stun are almost standard for all classes- and other classes often have more, and better slows to boot... while also getting defensives.

When you have a class with a cast mez (while other classes not only get aoe, but instant mezzes too), no defensives, almost nothing outside of the GCD (a buff or two, which is fairly standard, and the interrupt- which really only helps against mercs), and almost every heal, especially ones you rely on to keep people living against burst, has a cast time- DI having the longest non-channelled interruptable cast time in the game except for chain lightning... all that adds up to a class with poor ability to be mobile and act quickly in a game that you need to be extremely mobile and get abilities off very quickly, and with both the worst armour mitigation and no defensive abilities.

Prognosis isn't good.

^^ This is a good response to that post. I was going to respond to it as well but ti wouldn't have been as detailed and with more insults. It's mind boggling how uninformed some people are on the mechanics they are spewing nonsense about. I know most of these people are encountering Sages getting guard and massive cross-healing and just assuming the Sage is god-mode which is far from the truth.

I did 625k healing the other day which sounds like a lot but when you consider I had guard and two other healers cross-healing (including another Sage that did 575k in the same match) that is not a very good indication of Sage healing. DPS was also not interrupting me so 2 Sages free-casting with guard makes for some seriously inflated healing numbers that don't mean crap. Oh and the match was a stalemate..we couldn't get through the first door because we had no DPS. Next match I got destroyed and couldn't hit 150k in healing.

Healing and/or DPS needs re-balancing because it's broken.

Glad you figured out how to beat 4 healers in "5v4" swtor arenas. But in WZs, during that 1 minute 20, 2-3 of the healers have respawned, run back, and are still interrupting you. Meanwhile how is the other team's 4 on 3 going vs the rest of your team?

Also did anybody ever hear the reasoning as to why Bioware makes some abilities scale with gear for other classes but not our bubble? One thing that baffles me is that with new gear coming out and players with 3-4k more health than before, and our bubble just becomes more and more useless. Damage output is higher, the amount of health is higher and the amount of healing needed (obviously) is higher yet we have an ability that is still tuned from the first patch of the game. Edited by BurnsTwoThree

So 4 members of the other team plus their healers are focusing you with dps, rotated interrupts, and stuns and you expect to have "some chance" to heal thru that? With 4+ players on me, you know what I expect to do: respawn. Anyone on the bad end of a 4 on 1 isn't gonna be too effective at their job. In the "best and most balanced pvp mmo evur", 1 interrupt locked out your entire suite of heal spells, not just the 1 thing you were casting. I can only imagine the QQ if that happened here.

So what are you looking for that's really going to let you heal effectively under focus fire in ranked at the highest skill/gear level in the game? Stealth heals? Super bubble for 10 secs of total immunity while dpsing or healing? Maybe an instant cast CD that heals 100% hp to yourself or a friendly target? Maybe heavy armor and a shield too... oops wrong game again. Even if you had a "take 1/2 dmg for 10 secs" CD you'd live for 10 whole seconds instead of 5, doing nothing but being chain stunned and interrupted while being focused down by 4 players.

If I was going to take a real crack at fixing sorc healing I'd start with making the big heal the same cast time that the other 2 healers have for starters. Give em a decent instant cast heal on a reasonable CD so they can do "something" on the run. I could also see hooking sorcs up with something like an aoe "fear", which would help break up melee focus fire and give another means of temporary escape. But even if i make sorcs into priests, in "that other game" the light armor heals also folded fast under focus and the bubble shield wasn't great in pvp there either.

You know we are not asking for god tier things, don't go blowing things WAY out of proportion. Operatives have a lot of instant cast heals with the ability to spam a heal on GCD once the target is below 30% as long as they have a tac-advantage up (this is an incredibly useful ability for op healers to have especially when used with their absorb shield which gives them increased incoming healing on themselves) . Merc healers have the ability to be uninterrupted for a brief period of time which can make a pretty significant difference for atleast even a few seconds. Sorcs need something because yes we can't even get a heal off. That isn't useful to a team and it certainly isn't fun.

Look through this thread, were not all teribad players there are alot of sorcs at all skill levels and gear levels that are having this issue. It SUCKS!

Edited by TheLordMaster

Sorcs need something because yes we can't even get a heal off. That isn't useful to a team and it certainly isn't fun.

Look through this thread, were not all teribad players there are alot of sorcs at all skill levels and gear levels that are having this issue. It SUCKS!

^This This This^

PvP should not be abysmal for any one class or role. Hotfixes to classes that need them are not happening as they should and I do not believe BW has said they are going to take a look at any classes for retuning and working out the kinks. It seems to be the trend that BW wants to make classes to be Flavor of the Month specs so that people keep leveling characters and wasting their time instead of playing what they enjoy.

Edited by BurnsTwoThree

You can't have a DPS always beating a healer or the other way around because it'd mean there's no reason to have one of those type of classes.

In 1.2 it's more like a DPS always very slowly beat a healer unless it's an Op, in that case it's a perpetual stalemate. If you know what you're doing you'll eventually bleed the healer dry of resources, but it'd take a very long time to do that and he can certainly sneak in a few random instant casts on someone else while he's slowly dying. Therefore, it is balanced in the sense that DPS eventually wins but the healer can do their damage (by healing other people) before they die.

Now a healer always loses very quickly to a DPS, so quickly that there is almost no chance they'd ever be able to do anything to justify their position in the group over another DPS. If you have a 4 healer versus 4 DPS setup (really should be 4vs5, because 4 healers by themselves can never accomplish anything so you'd need at least one more person somewhere else to do DPS), each of the healer will lose their 1on1 rather quickly even if the DPS made no attempt to focus fire anyone. The AE heals gets defeated by simple things like a Tankasin spamming Wither, and that's assuming none of the DPS have any serious AE capability (e.g. Smash).

You know we are not asking for god tier things, don't go blowing things WAY out of proportion.... Sorcs need something because yes we can't even get a heal off. That isn't useful to a team and it certainly isn't fun.

Funny thing is most of those God tier abilities were actually all given to a certain heal class and not to the others, so the concept of unbalanced in pvp healing classes is far from new, and yes it has always sucked for the weakest pvp healer.

I know the heal sorc complaints are legit so my comment was not meant to tool on ppl, but to examine what are realistic buffs to ask for (minor things that improve survivability, more ccs in the heal tree, more ic heals, a defensive cd, etc). I think that all healers should be brought to the place where they are all equally viable in pvp while maintaining individual perks, and certainly were not there in 1.3 On the flip side, all dps builds/classes aren't exactly equal right now either, and should they be asking to be bumped up where the pyro pts and maras are at, or should those guys be reeled in? Either way, its a tough equation to balance and they might want to make the necessary changes to pvp balance with small studied nudges rather than the wild roundhouse kicks they have used so far.

I know the heal sorc complaints are legit so my comment was not meant to tool on ppl, but to examine what are realistic buffs to ask for (minor things that improve survivability, larger heals that scale with the amount of damage going out, faster big heal, more ic heals, bubble that scales with gear

Fixed.

Funny thing is most of those God tier abilities were actually all given to a certain heal class and not to the others, so the concept of unbalanced in pvp healing classes is far from new, and yes it has always sucked for the weakest pvp healer.

I know the heal sorc complaints are legit so my comment was not meant to tool on ppl, but to examine what are realistic buffs to ask for (minor things that improve survivability, more ccs in the heal tree, more ic heals, a defensive cd, etc). I think that all healers should be brought to the place where they are all equally viable in pvp while maintaining individual perks, and certainly were not there in 1.3 On the flip side, all dps builds/classes aren't exactly equal right now either, and should they be asking to be bumped up where the pyro pts and maras are at, or should those guys be reeled in? Either way, its a tough equation to balance and they might want to make the necessary changes to pvp balance with small studied nudges rather than the wild roundhouse kicks they have used so far.

Yea i understand, I mean look at mercenarys dps for the love of god they are hurting too. The game is far from balanced in a lot of aspects, but hopefully the game makes progress. The sheer amount of damage is just very hard to cope with as any healer at the moment, and being completely locked down while being guarded is extremely frustrating to the point where I sometimes personally feel I am hurting my team because I have to cast spells.

Yea i understand, I mean look at mercenarys dps for the love of god they are hurting too. The game is far from balanced in a lot of aspects, but hopefully the game makes progress. The sheer amount of damage is just very hard to cope with as any healer at the moment, and being completely locked down while being guarded is extremely frustrating to the point where I sometimes personally feel I am hurting my team because I have to cast spells.

You know what's funny? If all DPS were as UP as Mercs/Coms we'd have a pretty balanced PvP experience right now. Sadly, that's not how it is atm. They nerfed healing and buffed damage. Pre 1.2 heals were strong and yes even a bit OP. However, TTK was generally in a good place. It only got out of whack when there were many healers in a WZ. Now it just doesn't matter. Healing is becoming useless. Tanks are being rendered even more useless.

Mara's/Sent's need a damage nerf. Pyro's/Vanguard's need a nerf on rail shot. I personally don't have a problem with the class in general, it's very easy to play, but enjoyable. Railshot does far too much damage. Less burst seems to be where Bioware is going. So I have a feeling we'll see further nerfs to burst and maybe a bit of healing buffs.

I'd still kill for a defensive CD.

P.S. I speak from experience. I have played every class to a high level if not to 50 except for smug/ops. Which i'm working on now.

Edited by dalin

you play a faceroll dps class your input carries no weight you obviously just want to stay an OP class because if you arent OP you cant kill anything

you play a faceroll dps class your input carries no weight you obviously just want to stay an OP class because if you arent OP you cant kill anything

His input also carried no weight because he has no idea how to play his own class. It's apparently known that he's a repeat whiner because he's been waiting for this game for years and still isn't competent enough to play the class he chose.

Let's just ignore him and let people who know what they are talking about to put their two cents in.