Legacy of Crafting clarification?

ScicleX

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the credit cost really worth is for a total 3% chance? My ship droid seems to be doing fine with the +5 Synthweaving piece. :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img27/3588/augments.jpg

Well, not all professions have a +5 crit from a droid part. In the end, if you craft a lot, list a lot stuff on the GTN that 3% extra crit will matter in the long run. If I had a Cybertech, crafting some rank 26 stuff, damn.... just 1 crit pays the costs of the legacy perk (and more)

• 6 months later...

06.28.2012 , 08:47 AM

The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

How much farther into the future will it be before someone types a better description in game?

Edited by chriscshunter

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

So all this time I could have been crafting augment kits and augments with a higher chance!?!?

You all fail SO HARD.

In the future, please have someone that has the talent of paying attention to details review the explanations for stuff like this. We actually trust what we read when you provide information on a tooltip. This is the same as you telling us that something does 1k damage when it really does 2k. this would cause enrage ti9mes and the like needlessly. In this case, I did not get what I should have gotten because someone on your end does not know how to communicate clearly and completely.

Err yes - but you fail hard at reading comprehension. The fact that it gives a higher chance to crit on any crafted item has been known (and commented on by BW) for quite some time.

In fact the tooltip is perfectly clear - it works like it says it works.

Edited by Asavrede

Err yes - but you fail hard at reading comprehension. The fact that it gives a higher chance to crit on any crafted item has been known (and commented on by BW) for quite some time.

In fact the tooltip is perfectly clear - it works like it says it works.

Yes, replying in May 2013 to a post that was made in June 2012 is full of win... "quite some time" indeed :D

Edited by Ancaglon

Have been wondering about this perk for quite some time also. Bought it on my crafters already. I just want to know it is doing something. And yes, a may 2012 post from a dev saying they will change the wording on this, and it has yet to be changed in game!!!! A year later Comeon!!!

Well, not all professions have a +5 crit from a droid part. In the end, if you craft a lot, list a lot stuff on the GTN that 3% extra crit will matter in the long run. If I had a Cybertech, crafting some rank 26 stuff, damn.... just 1 crit pays the costs of the legacy perk (and more)

Actually, if you buy the Ship Repair Droid legacy perk, yes, any and all characters on your accound have access to a +5 crit droid part at least for C2 and 2V.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/itemssold.jpg/

:cool:

thank you, thats what i had assumed before i read 3/4 of this thread

just to clear it up

1) the SHIP repair droid ~a legacy unlock~ sells the droid sensor parts for your C2 & 2V series protocol droid

these parts will provide bonuses to your protocol droid that can improve their efficiency at specific crew skills (reducing their time to complete) & possibly improving their crit chance at crafting or crew missions (not all crafts & crew mission skills are equally supported by these sensor parts)

2) the FEILD repair droid ~also a legacy unlock~ at the 3rd grade when you can summon it every 15 minutes, sells white crafting mats like a crew skill vender.

3) Legacy of Crafting ~another legacy unlock~ improves the crit rate for all crew missions and crafting tasks by 1% per grade of the perk up to 3%

4) Companion effection improves crit rate by 1% per every 2000 affection gained. A companion with max affection has a +5% to crit rate.

.......all these various sources of crit rate improvement can increase your crit rate for certain skills by quite a bit. For some crew skills the ship droid can have a bonus of up to 10% to it's crit rate.

4) Companion effection improves crit rate by 1% per every 2000 affection gained. A companion with max affection has a +5% to crit rate.

.......all these various sources of crit rate improvement can increase your crit rate for certain skills by quite a bit. For some crew skills the ship droid can have a bonus of up to 10% to it's crit rate.

ah, that is useful information. so i have the legacy augment +3% crit (biochem) and my comp is maxed out, that means 8% right?

What is awesome about this (or not) is that I have +2 cit on my companion, full 10k affection, and full legacy unlock...so should be about 10% give or take crit chance.

I have now run 49...yes 49 "Unsliceable" slicing missions in a row since 2.1 and have yet to crit a single Thermal Regulator.

Now either i am bugged, extremely unlucky, or something is not working as intended. I used to crit these about 1/5 of the time before the latest patch.

What is awesome about this (or not) is that I have +2 cit on my companion, full 10k affection, and full legacy unlock...so should be about 10% give or take crit chance.

I have now run 49...yes 49 "Unsliceable" slicing missions in a row since 2.1 and have yet to crit a single Thermal Regulator.

Now either i am bugged, extremely unlucky, or something is not working as intended. I used to crit these about 1/5 of the time before the latest patch.

The legacy perk for Critical Crafting, does not affect Crew missions such as slicing. It only increases the critical chance for getting any Augment on a crafted item, or if an item your crafting doesn't allow for an Augment, to make multiple of that same item. Because of this you do not gain the +3% critical chance from it, so you in reality have +7%, not +10%

• 6 months later...

Not to bring a dead thread back to life... but can someone explain to me how the droid has a possibility of having 10% crit bonus? If you have the 5% sensor unit and the 3% legacy unlock (Legacy of Crafting III) that only adds up to 8% in my books. Considering you can't raise affection with C2 doesn't that mean this droid would be sitting at an effective 8% crit chance? Where is the additional 2% coming from and how can I get it?

(ignoring the baseline of course)

Many thanks!

7% or 10% either way

0/49 crits on a rich mission costing 3.5k credits does not seem right to me. Just saying

That really sucks, it's true, and it happens to me too, so I know exactly how much it sucks.

However, it's based on a Random Number Generator, and having streaks in an RNG sounds about right to me. That's how RNGs work. There are times when we get way more crits than we should, but we never complain about those times, do we?

Roll a 20-sided die and try to roll a 1. It might take you more than 50 tries to do this (though statistically it shouldn't take more than 20), but you won't complain that the die is broken. Will you?

• 8 months later...