Huttball vents are broken (KB in general as well)

Drungus

Any knock backs or stuff that sends you flying like the vents in Huttball are broken. Most of the time people appear to be teleporting around the map in such a situation. Same goes for mobs, they start teleporting when you KB them. Confirmed by several guild members.

Jep, confirmed aswell from several guildmates aswell on my server. Vents just teleports you in random locations all the time.

I dont have a knockback effect but my grapple (powertech) is the same, person i grap just teleports in front of me :(

Hope they fix this soon (as it wasnt broken before lol)

yes, this is massively annoying. my favorite was when i was teleporting around and took 15k worth of fall damage. that was definitely a surprise..........

This thing happened in huttball. I did take some damage, maybe not 15k, but i did take an 8-9k, as my health bar was at ~60% all of the sudden after trying to use a hutball vent.

Edited by Shibata

How is this not getting more attention? Huttball is so broken now. People are teleporting like crazy on my screen a good deal of the time when they are knockbacked or use a vent.

hold off on pressing that big red panic button just yet.........

1.3 has not been out of 24 hours, give bioware some time to determine the cause of the bug and fix it. id imagine a patch within a day or so

1.3 has not been out of 24 hours, give bioware some time to determine the cause of the bug and fix it. id imagine a patch within a day or so

I think the problem is that it's a direct result of something they tried to improve, which means we are probably stuck with it for a while. There was something in the patch notes that said they did something so people wouldn't teleport when they are stunned or something. Seems like they wanted to make things less asynchronous and instead made it far worse.

I think the problem is that it's a direct result of something they tried to improve, which means we are probably stuck with it for a while. There was something in the patch notes that said they did something so people wouldn't teleport when they are stunned or something. Seems like they wanted to make things less asynchronous and instead made it far worse.

Yea there was:

•Players who are stunned or immobilized no longer appear to teleport a short distance to a new location on other players' screens.

also they fixed another annoying bug:

•Corrected issues that could cause players to appear to be stuck dead.

now they just got a new bug to fix :)

I dont mind the vents as much in huttball as you can just go around but the grapple teleport is annoying cuz it looks like you dont pull him in the first place and then i naturally walk towards him and then he suddenly appears behind me lol

oh bioware :rolleyes:

Edited by Steele_dk

Yea there was:

•Players who are stunned or immobilized no longer appear to teleport a short distance to a new location on other players' screens.

That's the exact same issue, with different perceptions.

I didn't play enough to see if backstab/maul improved, but the continuous "animation but no hit" experienced before 1.3 should have a similar shift to this teleport thing, all being related to lag.

Sad to say, but such a fast paced pvp isn't possible with 1s lag and all the exploits/strange behaviors it can cause...

Edited by JMCH

I would say that some of the lag issues are just caused by the amount of people online because it was patch day. Every game I've ever played had tremendous lag on the day a content patch came out. I would just give it a few days and a lot of the issues will probably go away and hopefully bioware will fix the issues that aren't related to the stress on the servers. Edited by DCVAN

1.3 has not been out of 24 hours, give bioware some time to determine the cause of the bug and fix it. id imagine a patch within a month or so

fixed:cool:

Yeah this bug is EXTREMELY annoying, especially wen you're relying on using your KB ability to keep yourself alive because sometimes it only knocks them like 1 ft away from you and fills their resolve bar. I also noticed that one of the old bugs in the game that was supposedly fixed, dying in the respawn of a WZ and getting kicked out because you can't move, has changed a little bit. I got stunned in a wz, broke it with cc breaker but still couldn't move. When I respawned I wasn't dead but I couldn't move anywhere and eventually timed out of the warzone since I was stuck in the respawn.

This has to be one of the single most annoying bugs in this game atm, they have effectively broken hutball's competitiveness in rated, because as soon as you move across the different levels our team sees people moving all over the place, or simply not responding to grapple/pull or are disappearing then reappearing.

Hope bioware will acknowledge that Hutball is currently broken and will maybe remove it from ranked for the time being.

Thank god it was not just me. I thought it might have been some problem on my end like lag. But I was at 60fps and 22ms for server so it being a hardware or software issue on my end, just did not make sense. There needs to be a hot fix issued for sure Edited by Baizak

i just log to report that too.

one thing, its not just on huttball. others maps happens too but less.

looks like pulls ( from assassins skill and powetechs) triggers the "teleport" animation more then others skills.

huttball appers to be worse because the vent.

ty for posting

I confirmed a few times on the air vents, but a few other times it worked well.

Other types of knockbacks did not have teleports, they were working well.

Also for the first time, I saw a ball carrier taking the air vents, and I had pressed "force charge" I met the guy in the air and saw my toon swing like it is action movie worthy. That felt awesome. (obviously, this time the air vents worked)