Lowering population? possibly?

WaldoA

Well, I've been waiting to play for a while due to these stupid queues and it got me thinking (believe me i've had plenty of time to think) why are level 50s on the same servers as 49-, surely you could somehow add the legacy to an account, rather than just a server. If that were done we could have servers were only level 50s are in it, since not many 50s have to interact with anyone under 50 anyway. I mean, most 50s i've seen (including myself) mostly hang around imperial fleet combat area doing nothing while waiting for PvP to ding and it's just unnecessary space been taken up for people waiting to get in to play.

TL: DR Have servers for 50s, and others for 49- allowing for more players on each server.

TBH, I can't see how that can work, but on the other hand, the queues are and have gotten worse, especially tonight where it tells me I have to wait for 1:45 mins to login to the server I am on. Seriously ? this isn't launch of the game, its another update, but I think they over populated servers now, rather than even out the population on to several servers.

I'll go watch a film instead then ! - thank you for playing SWTOR !!

Not sure why you think level 50's don't interact with other players other than level 50 but you are wrong. I know quite a few level 50 that interact with other players, even some that go to the starter planets to help new players. Not everyone stands around on the fleet waiting for pvp. A lot of players will go and help and work with lower players and interact with the community.

Me and my friends use our lvl 50's to help each other level low toons. And being able to mail my low toons money and gear is incredibly important. Also the GTN and economy has to be spread out to the low guys as well.

I would rather have a long queue than the low pops from two weeks ago. Run an alt of your old server if you're annoyed with the Queue. They probably wont shut those servers down. If more people start playing the game (fan boy hopes and dreams) those pops will rise and you'll have an alt on the 'new fatman'

Most guild masters I know are level 50. What is to become of them? "Sorry, you're level 50, we're kicking you off the server and you can't be guild master any more"

Most people hit level 50 before they finish their class quests. So they have to go finish their class quest on another server.

Level 50's keep the GTN stocked with lots of goodies, although most of them are criminally over priced.

Level 50's have also been very generous with me when I am leveling about helping me some of my harder quests. Most of them say they only use their primary attack or give me a couple of heals but most of the time that is all I need.

Level 50's can be obnoxious sometimes but we all can. They are needed on their servers.

well bioware are doing there best to lower it :p

been in this game two months now slowly dragging 8 slots through the grind for the fun of it, the last few weeks its become very quiet on dune bantha, so I finally go ohh well, lets look at the server switch..ok dune bantha goes to umm thingy *cough* nightmare server..and umm so does everyone else.

dune bantha has tumble weed, I'm guessing all the lights are the same and this server that is the only choice for what looks like all the english european PvE servers is on a 5 minute wait on a tuesday night

I agree servers needed consolidating but Bioware you really seriously dropped the ball in the... umm mud over what was a good idea

Not sure why you think level 50's don't interact with other players other than level 50 but you are wrong. I know quite a few level 50 that interact with other players, even some that go to the starter planets to help new players. Not everyone stands around on the fleet waiting for pvp. A lot of players will go and help and work with lower players and interact with the community.

I've rarely noticed any level 50s on low level planets apart from the odd occasion.

It was just a quickfire idea, really all im getting at is how ridiculous the queues are.

I'm just fed up with the lack of balance of populations, the german pvp server has an hours que, the high pops have a 5 minutes wait or more, while there is a desolate waste in dune bantha, i'm not paying to que up to get on a server, neither am I going to stay on a server where you spend the night lfg and soloing the fp finder is useless without a population

Due to these server transfers, which I foolishly accepted I now have to wait on average about an hour and a half to log into my server. For some reason, it would seem that all the players have been transferred onto one single server. It was even worse tonight with having the new patch, which meant queues where even longer. What's even worse is when you go back to see how your login progress is going and see you have been disconnected from the server due to inactivity.

Due to these server transfers, which I foolishly accepted I now have to wait on average about an hour and a half to log into my server. For some reason, it would seem that all the players have been transferred onto one single server. It was even worse tonight with having the new patch, which meant queues where even longer. What's even worse is when you go back to see how your login progress is going and see you have been disconnected from the server due to inactivity.

An average of 90 minutes?? That means for every time you get in instantly you have to wait 180 minutes. I jumped on P5 and it said 45 minutes and I was in about 10 minutes.