Can you not select lower content in Group Finder?

Vipor

I logged on today to hopefully join a queue for a bunch of flashpoints but I seem to only be able to select a flashpoint for my level only. Is this a mistake am I doing something wrong here?

I am currently level 40 (although I do have a level 50) and would like to go throught the entire story mode up to my level. Is there anyway to do this through the group finder?

Thanks for all of your help!

I don't know for sure but here is a suggestion. Check and see what FP's are available in the group finder and which are not. Next, check your mission log. If the missions in grey are not available in the group finder, I would bet that is the reason.

I'm sure you know that when missions turn grey, that means you are way over leveled and won't get XP as you go through them.

One consolation is that you should be able to solo the grey missions. I can't imagine that you can get to level 40 and not be able to solo Hammer Station, for example.

Again, this is my best guess. I am at work and I am sure as hell not going to do any work but I can't log on and play.

I think it has to do with the affect you would have on any lower level people you would group with in terms of XP. So they didn't want the group finder to be used that way.

That's exactly it.

Depending on the FP and the level difference, you should be able to solo them with your companion with ease. Otherwise, you could always put together a group the old-fashioned way and look for those who don't mind the hit to XP gain.

I tried using the group finder tonight. I'm a level 16 BH and was trying to select Hammerstation which is in my level range. I couldn't select it at all.

I had this problem as well, at a point where I already had the mission to go to Vaiken Spacedock and talk to Darth Malgus for Hammer Station in my quest log. After abandoning the quest and logging out because of another issue, when I logged back in again I could queue for Hammer Station... however, I do not know if abandoning the mission or logging out caused it to become available, or if it was just random chance.