Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Trying to improve my 1vs1

ripamorame

I can beat most classes 1vs1 i find scoundrel scrapper is a very entertaining fight with all cd's up but i am finding a good darkness assassin is a very difficult fight for me to win i can win 60% of the time. But i want to improve i am running annihilation and well geared can anyone advise me on how to increase my chances on how to win such as the correct time for obfuscate in the fight etc. Thank you in advance :D.

First thing I do on Sins is get dots(bleeds) on them so they can't stealth, keep dots on them constantly as they can't then stealth stun and heal up during fight. I'll use obfuscate when a big hits coming to lessen the blow, that is if I can't interrupt it. Force lightning needs to be interrupted, as I believe that's their main dd. Negate these and you win, so interrupt then when on cd when they cast again force Camo or obfuscate to lessen the blow, and have the dots on them so they can't stealth, they should be dead then without much impact to your health by now if you've had bleeds on them and got off a ravage and an annihilate or two. And never use unleash if your stunned unless they are damaging you, has damn too long a cd if you ask me. Edited by Slawter

First thing I do on Sins is get dots(bleeds) on them so they can't stealth, keep dots on them constantly as they can't then stealth stun and heal up during fight. I'll use obfuscate when a big hits coming to lessen the blow, that is if I can't interrupt it. Force lightning needs to be interrupted, as I believe that's their main dd. Negate these and you win, so interrupt then when on cd when they cast again force Camo or obfuscate to lessen the blow, and have the dots on them so they can't stealth, they should be dead then without much impact to your health by now if you've had bleeds on them and got off a ravage and an annihilate or two. And never use unleash if your stunned unless they are damaging you, has damn too long a cd if you ask me.

Nah man, sometime you HAVE to unleash. But typically I'd say never nail it unless you're resolved. As for his advice, it's pretty much bang on the money. Try to use Berserk + Frenzy + Bloodthirst + Deadly Saber + Rupture + Annihilate when they throw Force Shroud cause if you stick the physical part of the attack the DoT will stick too.

Don't ever use your cc breaker unless you have full resolve because as General Ackbar once said, "It's a trap". Scoundrels/Operatives want you to use that CC Breaker at first so they can stun/crit lock you til you die before you even hit UR. Hit intimidating roar to make him use his cc breaker or make him take the damage you'll inflict in that 6 seconds.

Edit. I thought you were referring to Scoundrels/Assassins.

Edited by zxckakel

In a real 1on1 you can't win against a darkness assassin with DD gear.

Either you break his 4s stun and he does force shroud/vanish/mind trap/regenerate or you eat the stun followed by a heavy hitting force lightning and he still has his force shroud cd up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.