How much harder does Rail Shot hit for in 1.3?

It doesn't.

There's no damage buff.

There is a 30% armour pen buff.

If you read the patch notes you'll see that raid armour debuffs no longer stack.

So that should equal a whole lot of not a lot.

Give some, take some away, left about the same.

It doesn't.

There's no damage buff.

If you read the patch notes you'll see that raid armour debuffs no longer stack.

Ok thanks. I'm definately not resubbing. Thanks for the info.

Not on PTS but can work it out a lil. (for PvP). Not sure about raids and pve etc cus i dunno what armor bosses have

30% extra armor pen

let's say my railshot crits at 3.5k

heavy armor target (jug, BH) has around 30% damage reduction from armor, we will bypass an extra 30% of that

= 9% damage buff.

medium armor (agent, mara) has 25% damage reduction

= 7.5% buff

light armor (inquis) has 20%

= 6% buff

So railshot goes from 3.5k to around 3.7-3.8k.

I have no idea if this is how armor pen actually stacks etc and I could've just written a load of crap, but this is how I think it ends up :) nothing major.

Edited by Sinsavz

Not on PTS but can work it out a lil. (for PvP). Not sure about raids and pve etc cus i dunno what armor bosses have

30% extra armor pen

let's say my railshot crits at 3.5k

heavy armor target (jug, BH) has around 30% damage reduction from armor, we will bypass an extra 30% of that

= 9% damage buff.

medium armor (agent, mara) has 25% damage reduction

= 7.5% buff

light armor (inquis) has 20%

= 6% buff

So railshot goes from 3.5k to around 3.7-3.8k.

I have no idea if this is how armor pen actually stacks etc and I could've just written a load of crap, but this is how I think it ends up :) nothing major.

This makes a bit of sense. It is kind of crappy and wasn't as good as I was hoping for when I resubbed last month. I'm done holding my breath for this class to be improved in pvp. Best of luck

I've been a bit confused by this. Does it mean that the armor debuff from tracer missile will no longer stack? Or just that we cant have multiple stacks of tracer debuff from multiple Mercs?

I've been a bit confused by this. Does it mean that the armor debuff from tracer missile will no longer stack? Or just that we cant have multiple stacks of tracer debuff from multiple Mercs?

Tracer wont stack with someone elses tracer.

Sniper or Jugg armour debuffs wont stack with anyone elses armour debuff either.

Maximum raid armour debuff is now 20%.

You are only allowed to benefit from one armour debuff (whichever is highest at the time) and they are 20% max.

It doesn't.

There's no damage buff.

fail logic is fail.

the armor pen for Rail Shot is passive, and stacks with armor pen debuffs.

rail shot is hitting for 300-400 harder. im seeing regulalry 3k+ hits, whereas the norm was 2.5-2.7k, with the occasional >=3k on poorly geared players.

the armor pen on unload is also nice, the damage is up a little bit there as well. not a lot, but every little bit counts

fail logic is fail.

rail shot is hitting for 300-400 harder. im seeing regulalry 3k+ hits, whereas the norm was 2.5-2.7k, with the occasional >=3k on poorly geared players.

the armor pen on unload is also nice, the damage is up a little bit there as well. not a lot, but every little bit counts

Also noticing a damage increase. Primarily on railshots. I really dont see how people can be complaining about this patch. My DPS is up :confused:

Yep,

Once again the Merc class got bent over and railshoot up the ***. Basicly we got squat! My railshoot before 1.2 was 4 -4.5k crits now it is 4 - 4.6k crits. What they forgot to do during patch 1.2 is fire the guys who don't have a friken clue about what we been asking for on the forums. The good news is we got another pet we can purchase of the PvP broker for a **** ton of PvP tokens. Can't wait to read the headlines this time. Game lost 400K players after patch 1.2 let's see if they can top that record with patch 1.3. My recomendation is railshoot your Merc in the head and bury the toon on Hoth somewhere. If you are still drinking the coolaid and balive they will fix this class patch 1.4 more power to you.

Yep,

Once again the Merc class got bent over and railshoot up the ***. Basicly we got squat! My railshoot before 1.2 was 4 -4.5k crits now it is 4 - 4.6k crits. What they forgot to do during patch 1.2 is fire the guys who don't have a friken clue about what we been asking for on the forums. The good news is we got another pet we can purchase of the PvP broker for a **** ton of PvP tokens. Can't wait to read the headlines this time. Game lost 400K players after patch 1.2 let's see if they can top that record with patch 1.3. My recomendation is railshoot your Merc in the head and bury the toon on Hoth somewhere. If you are still drinking the coolaid and balive they will fix this class patch 1.4 more power to you.

Sorry....but what exactly are you complaining about? Railshots are fine :confused:

Heat management is easy mode now. Overall DPS Increase to arsenal spec. If your still putting out low numbers you either need to tweak your gear mods or your rotation.

What are you expecting them to do bring back 10k hsms? :p

fail logic is fail.

Fail comprehension is fail.

I'll say it again.

"raid armour debuffs no longer stack" means

When you are in a raid, armour debuffs no longer stack.

Your 5 stack of tracer is all that you get. aka 20% armour debuff.

The armour debuff from that sniper (20%) or the armour debuff from that jugg (20%) or a bunch of other mercs (20%) doesn't stack with yours anymore.

So while you get 30% more pen on railshot and unload, in a raid, you gain nothing from the armour debuffs that other players do.

Fail comprehension is fail.

I'll say it again.

"raid armour debuffs no longer stack" means

When you are in a raid, armour debuffs no longer stack.

Your 5 stack of tracer is all that you get. aka 20% armour debuff.

The armour debuff from that sniper (20%) or the armour debuff from that jugg (20%) or a bunch of other mercs (20%) doesn't stack with yours anymore.

So while you get 30% more pen on railshot and unload, in a raid, you gain nothing from the armour debuffs that other players do.

this is not rocket science........

armor break DEBUFFS do not stack. so tracer missile, sniper armor break, jugg armor break, do not stack. only the highest debuff applies, but it applies to everyone.

because your armor pen on rail shot is PASSIVE, it stacks with active debuffs. so attacking a player with rail shot, that has a full 5 stack of armor break on them (-20% armor), you will penetrate that value by another 30%.

if someone has 30% damage reduction from armor with the full TM debuff (-20%), theyre now at 24% damage reduction from armor. when you attack with rail shot, you have 60% passive armor pen, which reduces that 24% damage reduction from armor down to 9.6% damage reduction from armor.

bottom line is armor pen for rail shot is NOT A DEBUFF, so it DOES STACK, in a way, with the highest armor debuff on your target

Is anyone having better damage output with 3/3 advanced targeting than with Aerro's suggested full alacrity build (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=447944)? I'm using the alacrity build on blind faith (Aerro seems to know what he's talking about), but I'm curious if anyone has been experimenting with the alternative. Edited by pulsarskate

this is not rocket science........

armor break DEBUFFS do not stack. so tracer missile, sniper armor break, jugg armor break, do not stack. only the highest debuff applies, but it applies to everyone.

because your armor pen on rail shot is PASSIVE, it stacks with active debuffs. so attacking a player with rail shot, that has a full 5 stack of armor break on them (-20% armor), you will penetrate that value by another 30%.

if someone has 30% damage reduction from armor with the full TM debuff (-20%), theyre now at 24% damage reduction from armor. when you attack with rail shot, you have 60% passive armor pen, which reduces that 24% damage reduction from armor down to 9.6% damage reduction from armor.

bottom line is armor pen for rail shot is NOT A DEBUFF, so it DOES STACK, in a way, with the highest armor debuff on your target

Right, that's how it works now. What he's saying is pre 1.3 your rail shots could actually hit harder due to stacking armor debuffs. So if you had 3-5 armor debuffs on one mob, your rail shots would hit harder than they do post 1.3, since only one debuff counts.

Pre 1.3, let's say you have x3 armor debuffs. If a mob has 1k armor, that's 60% taken off, putting him at 400 armor. With HVGC, that puts him at 260 armor.

Post 1.3, only 1x armor debuff works. So if that same mob has 1k armor, he's now at 800. 30% from talents + 35% from HVGC means that his armor is now at 280.

It's not a significant difference, but it's still less than 1.3. And if your raid used 5 armor debuffs, it's a pretty big difference.

Edited by Areaz

Is anyone having better damage output with 3/3 advanced targeting than with Aerro's suggested full alacrity build (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=447944)? I'm using the alacrity build on blind faith (Aerro seems to know what he's talking about), but I'm curious if anyone has been experimenting with the alternative.

He hasn't updated it for 1.3 yet. I dropped Critical Reactions and kept System Calibrations for the permanent alacrity while going 3/3 Advanced Targeting.

I also didn't think it worth it to waste a whole enhancement just to go from 99.9% accuracy to get over 100%, so I'm using 1 accuracy augment with the rest aim and then using a power/surge enhancement to keep my surge at 75% (otherwise I would have to drop a surge enhancement for an acc, dropping me to 73% surge)