'You already know that schematic'

Haydos

This has most likely been said over the months as something that players are looking for, but I think that there really should be a little message that appears on a plan/schematic that tells you if you have learnt that schematic already. I don't think it is too much to ask for, seems like it would be a little thing that wouldn't be hard to implement. I know a few of you will say don't be lazy, but when you have a lot of different schematics learnt it sometimes does become hard to manage and remember. Would be good to see a dev post on this and their thoughts if it is something we can look forward to in the future. Thanks.

It does tell you, if there are no schemes to learn it says so in the tooltip in place of the chance to get a schematic.

Are you sure? I'm not talking when you have the schematic and then right click it then it says you already know it. I'm talking prior to buying it on the actual schematic itself so you don't waste your credits or commendations when you already have it.

Maliks is talking about reverse engineering.

Schematics do not show if you already know it. They really should tho. :)

Ah ok then. Yeh I really think it is something that would be awesome and easy to implement.

In 1.3 they are greyed out if you already know the schematic.

Oh god please be true. There are usually 50+ pages of synthweaving recipes on GTN and I am an obsessive collector. I have a BOOKLET printed out of all oranges for synthweaving and highlighting when I get it.

Yes, I know I am crazy.

Oh god please be true. There are usually 50+ pages of synthweaving recipes on GTN and I am an obsessive collector. I have a BOOKLET printed out of all oranges for synthweaving and highlighting when I get it.

Yes, I know I am crazy.

You are not alone, my friend. You are not alone.

As far as I am aware, 1.3 didn't come with anything of the sort. So yeh still asking for this to be implemented in a future patch.

I did not have the opportunity to investigate the issue in detail, but of the two schematics I have obtained since 1.3 went live, the one I already knew was grayed out, and the one I didn't know yet appeared normal.

So this may have been implemented in 1.3.

In 1.3 they are greyed out if you already know the schematic.

Yes, they are greyed out - once you have them in your inventory.

They are not greyed out on the GTN (as I found out last night). At least the schem was fairly cheep, just put it back up on the GTN once I found out I already knew it (missed it in my LONG list of armor recipes).

Edited by Entilzha

They are not greyed out on the GTN (as I found out last night). At least the schem was fairly cheep, just put it back up on the GTN once I found out I already knew it (missed it in my LONG list of armor recipes).

Good to know. Thanks for clarifying this.

Bummer. That is really too bad and quite short-sighted of BW to implement this without getting the GTN piece in as well. This is something that I've been wanting since beta. It really is annoying to need to spend SO MUCH time going through 50 pages of listings on the GTN and looking up each schematic to see if you already have it (or memorizing the exact name and number of every schematic!!!). I should be using my memory to recall my heroic moments and great feats, not my time using a clunky UI!

I thought 1.3 was the quality of life patch!

• 2 months later...

<Bump>

There also needs to be something on a schematic during Operations from plans and patterns that drop during boss loot. When it's set to Master Looter we have time to check our Crafting book, which has stuff in no apparent order, taking a long time to find, and holding up the raid. Even worse if it's set to Need / Greed, because by the time we actually find out if we could use the schematic, the roll timer has already reached zero, and we not only lose out on the plan, but on any loot that came after it.

Last night in SM KP (Only doing it in Group Finder for the BH Comm), I lost out on a chance to roll on a car, and the rare chance to roll on Karraga's Helm. I was so busy looking for a pattern (didn't want to hit Need if I already knew it, because there was another Armormech in the group) that I didn't even see the car or helm until it was awarded to another guild member.

I took some extra time to make sure I wasn't "stealing" a schematic I already knew, and I feel like I was punished by losing a chance to roll on the other items. How fair is this?

Yeah yeah, I know... QQ MOAR!!!!11 But seriously BioWare....... FIX!!!!!!

This has most likely been said over the months as something that players are looking for, but I think that there really should be a little message that appears on a plan/schematic that tells you if you have learnt that schematic already. I don't think it is too much to ask for, seems like it would be a little thing that wouldn't be hard to implement. I know a few of you will say don't be lazy, but when you have a lot of different schematics learnt it sometimes does become hard to manage and remember. Would be good to see a dev post on this and their thoughts if it is something we can look forward to in the future. Thanks.

Ive made two post about this and no one noticed it seems . but Yea I agree fully and on anything not just schamatic,Lke mounts , pets etc .

Edited by moondwel

Yes, I know I am crazy.

it not I was on GTN the other and they didnt show right i can confirm it . ether its not working right or it's not linked to the GTN .

HM it doesnt work like that for me like i posted in this post some can be grayed and i don't them and some can be normal i know them .

and this should wortk every were not just in our bags if it actllly works, on mounts pets .... as boss drops , off thrash .