Riposte

JudasMagnus

I am playing Watchman spec, and I just realized, Riposte is off my skillbars and I haven't been using it for a LONG. time.

I want to ask if it's worth using as Watchman, but it seems the obvious answer is "yes."

So my question is, is it so good that it should be mandatory to be used? Like, will I see a HUGE increase in DPS if I start using it again as a Watchman Sent?

I am playing Watchman spec, and I just realized, Riposte is off my skillbars and I haven't been using it for a LONG. time.

I want to ask if it's worth using as Watchman, but it seems the obvious answer is "yes."

So my question is, is it so good that it should be mandatory to be used? Like, will I see a HUGE increase in DPS if I start using it again as a Watchman Sent?

The obvious answer for watchman is actually: 'No' you don't want to use it if you're talking PvE. The biggest dmg comes from your burn attacks, if you put riposte in between you'll have a hard time to maintain enough focus for your burns + merc slash etc.

Now in PvP it can be really good, but this is situational. I preferably use it to get hits in trough defensive cooldowns of scoundrels or tanks or whatever ( you know what i mean hopefully)

The main spec where riposte can be really good is in combat during precision slash to get some more attacks in, but again; only if you have the focus for it. don't let it interfere with your high priority abilities

TLDR: Can be good in PvP, but PvE watchman should stay away from it

I find it useful with 2/2 Recompense/Cloak of Annihilation when I play Carnage spec on my maurader. I'm not in 50 PvP, but Combat/Carnage is pretty squishy, especially without Rebuke/Cloak of Pain up. A couple ripostes to decrease my downtime of that ability makes having it on my action bar worth it.

I always use Riposte, but I hit Strike at the same time. I think of it like a single attack that costs one focus. I also put in the points to reduce Rebuke by 6 seconds every time I use it. Edited by RAVM