Space Combat Question

Karaokelove

Does anyone know what it means when blue waves come out of your target in space combat? As far as I can tell, the blue waves represent shields, and those targets are harder to kill than normal targets. I believe I can destroy them with missiles, but I can't tell if regular blaster fire has any impact on them. Anyone have any insight? Thanks!

I was curious as to that but i unloaded about 14 rockets on a drive by of that one cartel space station (the little thing hanging down on the bottom that is "shielded") it didnt do anything.

Also i know some ships have a shield generator you can destroy and it removes the shields, ive seen this on the big ships. But not that big big thing that is the cartel mission. Ive destroyed everything on that just to see, and that little thing hanging down is still transmitting blue waves when i attack it. Maybe its not meant to be destroyed, i figured it'd be a bonus or something to destroy the whole thing that way.

I was curious as to that but i unloaded about 14 rockets on a drive by of that one cartel space station (the little thing hanging down on the bottom that is "shielded") it didnt do anything.

Also i know some ships have a shield generator you can destroy and it removes the shields, ive seen this on the big ships. But not that big big thing that is the cartel mission. Ive destroyed everything on that just to see, and that little thing hanging down is still transmitting blue waves when i attack it. Maybe its not meant to be destroyed, i figured it'd be a bonus or something to destroy the whole thing that way.

I'm almost positive I've destroyed "shielded" targets with missiles, I just can't tell if my blaster fire is doing anything to them. However, I have yet to destroy that one target on the cartel mission you're referring to. I just attributed it to the fact that my attacks always impact with the metal spikes hanging down around it, but I can't be totally sure.

yea that makes sense. if anyone has any comments on the cartel mission one, or reports of destroying it let me know!

i have destroyed many shielded targets on other ships, but some ships have a shield generator or cockpit that i can shoot and it removes the shields from many of the other guns on it.