obfuscate

Arinais

Took a bit of a break from pvp, real life called sadly. Now I'm back and hungry for some kills, but enough of that. This is merely a curiosity, but what is the communities take on obfuscate? I'm seeing a lot more warriors/knights than I used to, which makes me happy, and whenever I dive right in, or notice someone using ravage/masterstrike I instantly hit them with obfuscate and notice it really helps with incoming damage, and yet I rarely ever see the debuff on myself. Is the tool tip making it sound better than what it is and should I take it off my bars? Or are the people I'm going up against just do not have a clue on what tools they have? Happy hunting!

Took a bit of a break from pvp, real life called sadly. Now I'm back and hungry for some kills, but enough of that. This is merely a curiosity, but what is the communities take on obfuscate? I'm seeing a lot more warriors/knights than I used to, which makes me happy, and whenever I dive right in, or notice someone using ravage/masterstrike I instantly hit them with obfuscate and notice it really helps with incoming damage, and yet I rarely ever see the debuff on myself. Is the tool tip making it sound better than what it is and should I take it off my bars? Or are the people I'm going up against just do not have a clue on what tools they have? Happy hunting!

Situationally, very useful.

A large slice (plurality? majority? who knows) of the game population does not adapt well to varying situations, thus why all the "FOTM rerollers" tend not to hit you with it.

I wouldn't go out of my way to blind Sorcs/Sages, Ops/Smugglers, or Sins/Shadows, but most anyone else has some major component of their burst DPS ripped apart by the blind.

Obfuscate is awesome(like Undying Rage "good") against

Marauder

Sniper

Juggernaut

Situationally useful against

Powertech

Assassin

Mercenary

Generally worthless against

Sorcerer

Operative

I find a good indicator between bad Marauders and good Marauders is how(or IF) they use obfuscate. Shows they understand how other classes beyond themselves(if even that) work.

Obfuscate is awesome(like Undying Rage "good") against

Marauder

Sniper

Juggernaut

Situationally useful against

Powertech

Assassin

Mercenary

Generally worthless against

Sorcerer

Operative

I find a good indicator between bad Marauders and good Marauders is how(or IF) they use obfuscate. Shows they understand how other classes beyond themselves(if even that) work.

I think you should always use it agains assassins and pyro pt's. It can hurt both of those specs just as bad as everyone else it's useful on, great to shut downt heir burst since it's successful melee hit.

I will always cast it if a Sentinel/Marauder uses Master Strike/Ravage and I happen to be in range to stop it. Obfuscate is an amazing ability, and it has a lot of utility. It helps most against Mara/Jugg/Sniper and the pub equivalents, since they mostly deal weapon damage (or require hitting you before dealing further damage).

I think you should always use it agains assassins and pyro pt's. It can hurt both of those specs just as bad as everyone else it's useful on, great to shut downt heir burst since it's successful melee hit.

All their attacks are still force based though dude, meaning the only thing Obs will save you from is Assassinate/Whatever the pub one is.

All their attacks are still force based though dude, meaning the only thing Obs will save you from is Assassinate/Whatever the pub one is.

Yeah but they need to spam thrash to proc energized shocks and if they can't hit you they can't get a proc.

Yeah but they need to spam thrash to proc energized shocks and if they can't hit you they can't get a proc.

So they do what any smart Tankassin does, they black-out and reset the fight.

You're talking OPTIMAL situation here man, which happens nearly never.

*Edit: Also, Xerain, give http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIrRMorfsZGRM.1 a shot and tell me what you think. And don't just comment on it, actually try it. I was Carnage for what seems like ever so I'm already very used to not getting that extra rage off of Charge, and using Obsfucate on it's natural cooldown. I feel like it's as close as you can get to best of both worlds.

Edited by Yescek

So they do what any smart Tankassin does, they black-out and reset the fight.

You're talking OPTIMAL situation here man, which happens nearly never.

*Edit: Also, Xerain, give http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIrRMorfsZGRM.1 a shot and tell me what you think. And don't just comment on it, actually try it. I was Carnage for what seems like ever so I'm already very used to not getting that extra rage off of Charge, and using Obsfucate on it's natural cooldown. I feel like it's as close as you can get to best of both worlds.

over 6 seconds? They can save the reset for better things and probably should.

Also the only reason i have a lowered cd obfuscate is because Subjugation is too good to not get as annihilation

about that spec, refer to my above line.

Edited by Xerain