Name Idea for Transfers

Delekahn

Bioware,

For transfers where people cannot get the names they so rightfully deserve, add a surname or something that the system will allow using the origin server name

For one example, If I transferred Delekahn and his name was taken he would be named Delekahn-Vornsrk or something like that. You could do the same with Legacy names. It wouldnt even need to be part of the name, but maybe another title. Just something that can have the server allow it.

Luckily I am getting most of my names that I got into early access for, but my Legacy name is lost and that is a real bummer. I can completely understand why people would be upset as I did lose one name that I got during Early Access.

Really you guys should have put something in place to keep names as best as possible before the transfers went live. I would be totally fine with my origin Legacy name and a added VORNSK. But maybe others would not.

Delekahn

p.s. Please open up Character/Legacy names for being changed on the fly. No reason not to if you decide on a better name later.

p.s.s. Sorry if something like this was already suggested.

Edited by Delekahn

Bioware,

For transfers where people cannot get the names they so rightfully deserve, add a surname or something that the system will allow using the origin server name

For one example, If I transferred Delekahn and his name was taken he would be named Delekahn-Vornsrk or something like that. You could do the same with Legacy names. It wouldnt even need to be part of the name, but maybe another title. Just something that can have the server allow it.

First.. Nobody rightly diserves anything..

Second, using sur names is already allowed with the use of a seperator.. Such as - or ' or something else.. For instance Delekahn'Vornsrk is already allowed..

People just need to make new names or learn to make the old one's work.. Change the spelling in someway in your case, add a sur name.. Whip out Window's character map and choose a nonstandard character to put in your name.. That would also work too..

People can use their old names.. They just have to use their brains and get a little creative about it..

Here is another idea:

Make it so that you can choose your legacy name when you create your first character. This does not unlock any legacy things for you just name. Then let people choose whatever name they want as long as name - legacy name compination is unique.

I lost my legacy name.. and would lose atleast 2-3 names if I transfered rest of my characters. I know some people see it as strange to get attached to your names, but I pre-ordered just to get some of them. I was just coming back to game after break but already lost my desire to do so after these server transfers.. Well maybe it's better this way since I would not have much time to play anyways. My origin server is pretty much empty (1 player at fleet, nothing in galactic market) so it will be shut down and my characters will be forced to transfer sooner or later though I will not be here to see it. And no I will not make compromises and get name with some special characters, if I had even one reason to stay and play I might do that, but I don't so I'm out of this game.. again.

Another option would be to allow free character transfers to any of "higher population servers" with ability to check what names/legacy names are taken.. That way I could choose server where I will not lose as many names.

First.. Nobody rightly diserves anything..

Second, using sur names is already allowed with the use of a seperator.. Such as - or ' or something else.. For instance Delekahn'Vornsrk is already allowed..

People just need to make new names or learn to make the old one's work.. Change the spelling in someway in your case, add a sur name.. Whip out Window's character map and choose a nonstandard character to put in your name.. That would also work too..

People can use their old names.. They just have to use their brains and get a little creative about it..

Why do people never listen (or read). I said SOMETHING that allows them a way to keep thier name. Jeez, a guy cant even suggest anything around here even. I hate posting on these forums.

If they simply allowed the option to change character and legacy names on the fly at least we ould figure something out and not be stuck with it after out first choice. And maybe SIMPLY is not the right word, but they could do it if they put thier minds to it.

Edited by Delekahn

I think these are good suggestions, Delekahn. I made a similar one in an earlier thread (making names unique to your account) and had considered making names unique to legacy, but I didn't really know how to deal with the issue of making a character and having the name attached to the legacy name at creation (to be honest, I didn't give it a lot of thought, making a name unique to an account seemed fine to me). But you make a good point here and I rather like the idea. This way, you get your legacy name at character creation and can choose an appropriate first name, but then you just get the legacy perks at the intended level (unlocking at the end of chapter 1).

So yes, good suggestion! Posting here to show approval. :D