The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Supercommando Enhancements

RamathRS

I was looking at the mods in the Tionese/Columni Supercommando set for my BH tank. I noticed that most of the Enhancements are extremely heave on Acc with very minimal Absorb. Not to mention a complete lack of Shield or Defense.

While I understand that Acc is important to a point, is it really important enough to prioritize so heavily over Sheild/Def?

Am I missing something here, or are the Enhancements just not quite as effective as they could be?

Should I replace them with my Daily (50) Enhacements of Shield/Abs or the crafted (50) Enhacements Shield/Def?

You are correct, and dropping accuracy mods for shield/absorb daily variants is a good plan. I would go as far as to say that accuracy is not required at all for a powertech tank. Its more of a luxury stat, being that it only really affects your rail shot and unload.

You are correct, and dropping accuracy mods for shield/absorb daily variants is a good plan. I would go as far as to say that accuracy is not required at all for a powertech tank. Its more of a luxury stat, being that it only really affects your rail shot and unload.

Rapid Shots and Unload.

Rapid Shots and Unload.

It does influence rapid shots yes, but that is not really relevant. And it does affect rail shot.

Also, unload is very heat efficient and if your in a situation where the channel wont be reduced by damage, why not use it?

It does influence rapid shots yes, but that is not really relevant. And it does affect rail shot.

Also, unload is very heat efficient and if your in a situation where the channel wont be reduced by damage, why not use it?

Because odds are if you're tanking something, you're not going to be at ranged, and if you're at ranged, you'd be doing more damage with other abilities or using rapid shots to reduce heat. Personally, I used to use Unload, situationally, found it to be no good without any accuracy, and removed it from my rotation. I find that powertechs who are using unload as part of their tanking rotation are not very successful. If it's a means to close the gap, then I guess why not, but for threat, you're way better off using a grapple, jet charge, taunt combo to start.

Heat is high, rail shot, flamethrower and death from above are on cooldown, you have full heat screen buff up and the mob is debuffed. Would it be better to use just another flame burst and rapid shots or try to get off an unload?

I suppose I don't like the idea of taking it off my hotbar completely, the damage it can do is nothing to scoff at. It also gives you somthing to do when, for whatever reason, your stuck at range.

Of course I'm not saying it should be used in your ability priority, but its not useless.