The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which BM set to get for Tactics Vanguard?

RobotronMM

Going to be 50 soon and trying to figure out the gear situation.. The eliminator set has a 2 piece bonus that does nothing for us, so it looks to me that combat tech is our only choice? thoughts? only lvl 43 right now but I am looking to start buying some now and save it since I am always maxed on coms and valor.

You can't buy the pieces until you're level 50. You're just not allowed to buy them.

Its combat tech for tactics. Eliminator is for assault and super commando is for tank only if your just dead set on being the gimp in the room.:)

Its combat tech for tactics. Eliminator is for assault and super commando is for tank only if your just dead set on being the gimp in the room.:)

This sums up your choices so you better make up your mind on what tree you wan to use. Although I would add Combat Tech is for Tactics and SS.

• 2 months later...

I've been using Supercommando BM for a while with a tactics/shield hybrid build. It's been good with that; also funny watching imps in PVP go bananas trying to deal with all my endurance, shield, etc. But the shield is kinda limited in it's practically for PVP I've found. With the Charge (leap) it's fun jumping on the ball carrier or into a crowd and destroying, supercommando works with that well.

Ranged damage output is low enough though that I'm grinding Combat Tech BM gear now, and'll get my first WH set with this toon as Combat Tech. Am planning to keep the Supercommando gear in the bag for when needed.

Going to be 50 soon and trying to figure out the gear situation.. The eliminator set has a 2 piece bonus that does nothing for us, so it looks to me that combat tech is our only choice? thoughts? only lvl 43 right now but I am looking to start buying some now and save it since I am always maxed on coms and valor.

If you haven't already, start converting your WZ comms into Ranked WZ comms and saving up for a few of the pieces that way.

Tactics is a really fun tree to pvp with - You get a lot of mobility and the sustained damage is pretty high (due to everything being elemental/internal damage except Stock Strike). You'll also be a pretty decent ball carrier with Hold The Line. Using Explosive Surge will also put a stack of the Pulse Generator buff on you (providing you're spec'ing into Pulse Generator), even if it doesn't hit anything - so you can keep it charged while guarding a node, or charge it while at the spawn gate.

With that said, you rely so much on your Pulse Cannon that if its cast is interrupted for any reason, your damage takes a huge shot to the groin. Also, you have to stand still to cast Pulse Cannon. Those two things make people spec Assault for the HIB+AP burst.