The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ion cell for tactics DPS?

Swarlesx

I am currently running tactics DPS on my vanguard and I am wondering If it is viable to use Ion cell. I know the tree is more geared toward High energy cell, but i like the damage reduction and being able to shield my healer while questing. Is it viable or should I stick to High energy cell?

I am currently running tactics DPS on my vanguard and I am wondering If it is viable to use Ion cell. I know the tree is more geared toward High energy cell, but i like the damage reduction and being able to shield my healer while questing. Is it viable or should I stick to High energy cell?

It works out ok with the 2% damage reduction early on in the tactics tree plus the 20% reduction while stunned it has alot of synergy with ion cell. You also get a nice damage boost from just a straight up shield spec. I took the run speed talent and energy regen as well so I can switch cells to whatever is working for me best at the time. I lost my bonus to stock strike in the asault tree but come 1.3 that skill will be moot anyway so geting used to not haveing it in the main lineup in the damage rotation is good practice.

Edited by Zbus