Dual Spec.

skiibyrd

I just got done reading the Article about the new ranked warzones, and I have to say, I'm pretty excited. For the first 4 months of this games release I was hardcore into PvP, but as time went on, I grew tired of it and stared the PvE gear grind. I've had a LOT of fun with PvE over the last couple months, gathering my Rakata gear and running HM's and Ops, but I think I would like to start doing PvP again for numberous reasons, and the Ranked PvP articleI read made me for sure want to get into PvP again.

The only thing holding me back is this... I Have my toons spec for PvE just where I want it, and I know i could take a screen shot of my spec or just memorize it, but I would love to have a dual spec option so I could save my PvE spec. I imagine that they could easily make dual spec a Legacy unlock or something, and that way I could be LFG for PvE and que for PvP, and constanly be active in the game, if I want to que for a Ranked PvP or PvP match (normal), while im trying to assemble an ops group or HM group the last thing i want to worry about is swtiching my spec at the vendor reset NPC from PvE to PvP, then when I'm done back to PvE...

Agreed?

Also I think, as a side note, that getting a DPS meter and/or a Threat meter would be excellent, they could always make it an option that you could enable in the interface editor, I had spent a lot of time setting up my Main toon, and would like to know what damage output I am getting from my different rotations. I do know that there are Mods that you can run, but why would I want to risk using something like those when they should be able to be easily intergrated.

TLDR; We need Dual Spec, or make dual spec a legacy unlock... And would like DPS/Threat meters... Please!!

Edited by skiibyrd

Greetings,

Dual spec is a feature that is on many of our players' Wish Lists. Here's what Lead Game Designer Daniel Erickson had to say on that feature in one of our Community Q&As:

Lovarboy: Will we get dual spec with Game Update 1.3?

Daniel: Unfortunately, no. Game Update 1.3 is being kept a bit leaner to get the Group Finder and the next stage of Legacy in the game as fast as possible. After that we’ll be returning to some bigger updates and we’re hoping dual spec makes it for the next one.

We hope this gives a little more insight about our plans for dual spec. Thank you for your suggestion!

I'm glad that this is being looked into and possibly being addressed, in the meantime its going to probably get a little frustrating switching spec's so much, and it will probably cause me to dedicate my toon to either PvE or PvP until a dual spec feature comes out.

Dual spec would be nice, could have a dps spec for soloing on my tanks and healers, or a pvp spec.

Exactly, then all you would have to do is just carry your gear around, i wouldnt even mind if you could change your spec remotely for a small amount of creds... but legacy unlock, or just intergrated all the time would be ideal.

Why? Dual spec only makes sense.

Dual spec makes no sense.. What is the point of having a spec if you can change it at will.. Dual spec totally goes against the entire idea of having specs..

This game was specifically designed so you wouldn't need dual spec.. There is no such thing as a PVP spec in this game.. It is the recycled players from WOW that are used to the WOW way of doing things that are convinced that we need a dual spec.. People can PVP in their normal PVE specs.. The game is designed for it..

The system we have now is just there to allow to try new specs or fix mistakes.. Not change specs as you change activities..

I realize that dual speccing is going to be added.. But it doesn't only make sense.. :cool:

Dual spec makes no sense.. What is the point of having a spec if you can change it at will.. Dual spec totally goes against the entire idea of having specs..

This game was specifically designed so you wouldn't need dual spec.. There is no such thing as a PVP spec in this game.. It is the recycled players from WOW that are used to the WOW way of doing things that are convinced that we need a dual spec.. People can PVP in their normal PVE specs.. The game is designed for it..

The system we have now is just there to allow to try new specs or fix mistakes.. Not change specs as you change activities..

I realize that dual speccing is going to be added.. But it doesn't only make sense.. :cool:

LOL, you must be trolling. PVP has different specs than PVE. Look at your trees and notice the differences. As a Sorc healer there are about 4-5 points I would swtch around for PVP that would be totally worthless in PVE. Just because you don't like to PVP and PVE doesn't mean the majority of us don't.

A PvP spec takes the whole point of healers away. Why choose a healing PvE class if you can choose a healing PvP class! It does the same for tanks. You can be a tank PvE spec on Hoth and later, and Voss, you can change to a healer! It takes the whole challenge of the game away!:mad::mad::mad::mad::rak_01: Edited by Hardicus
wrong stuff

I'd also like to voice my support for dual-spec. I really enjoy healing in PvP, but I can't kill anything in my pvp healing spec. Switching between soloing and pvping is a fairly complicated process, and not something I can do all the time. And I'd love to be able to so something while waiting for the queue to pop, aside from chatting in the fleet and sending my companions off to do stuff.

:)

LOL, you must be trolling.

No.. I think you are the one trolling.. You look at all the skill trees for all the classes in the game.. Not one is labled PVP.. They are either DPS, Heals, or tank.. There is no PVP skill tree..

Sure we can sit here and argue all night about how one spec might be better for PVP than another.. But that isn't the issue.. There is no specific spec for PVP.. Bioware specifically said they were designing this game so that PVP specs would not be needed.. Healers use the same specs for PVE or PVP.. Tanks use the same spec for PVP or PVE.. DPS is the same as well..

The point you failed to respond to was the fact that dual specing goes against the very idea of having specs in the first place.. What you are advocating is all of us having the same spec without any specializations.. Look at where WOW is heading because of dual speccing.. No talent trees, and no dual speccing.. Seriously.. Go take a peek at the talent trees for 'Mists of Pandaria'.. There are none..

That is what dual speccing will do to this game.. This is an MMO.. We are not supposed to have characters that do it all.. There should not be any universal specs.. In a sense dual speccing allows just that..

Most people agree that what we have now is enough.. I saw a number of polls in the beta.. Most people do not in fact want dual speccing.. It cheapens the game and decreases the skill level of the player base.. These are just facts.. Look what dual speccing did to WOW.. Blizzard spends more time nerfing raids because more and more people can't do them.. Now they are even nerfing them for pug groups because of LFG.. Why is it that some people are so desperate for easy mode.. Yes.. Dual speccing is easy mode.. :cool:

Sorc have a totally different healing spec for PVP than for PVE, L2P. For example, why would I need the slow for PVE??

Conspiring Force? Only used for PVP not PVE...

Force Suffusion? Really only needed for PVE...

Dark Resilience? Really only needed for PVE...

Fade Out? Only really needed for PVP...

Edited by Brappo

TLDR to my post: Play smarter, not harder

I'll argue that dual spec actually makes you a better player, it's not easy mode. It helps you better understand how your AC performs in various situations/configurations. It also does not make a player "be able to do it all". If I respec from Tank to DPS, my group still needs a tank.

There are no "PVP" or "PVE" trees, but there is sure as heck PVP and PVE SPECIFIC skills within those trees that are 100% useless when not doing PVP/PVE. I dont' have time to post examples skill layouts, but needless to say, a PVP tanking build looks NOTHING like a PVE tanking build on the same AC.

For example, No Escape talent in the powertech tanking tree... It makes your grapple and stealth scan immobilize the target. Most, if not all PVE bosses are immune to movement impairing abilities, and stealth scan itself is a pvp ability, which you're talenting for extra PVP utility.

To compete at the highest levels of PVE, you must pick specific skills as a Tank, Healer or DPS that you WILL NOT PICK if you intend to compete at the highest level of PVP, and vice versa.

Edited by Holohona

The only problem I have with duel spec is loot whores.

I play tank and it’s what I enjoy. It’s annoying as heck when I’ve been farming heroic for a week for 1 drop and have some DPS roll need an item because my off spec is tank. Yet you always see them as DPS. If they do dual I hope they updated their loot system.

Tank get first crack at tanking gear, healer on healing gear and dps on dps gear.

Getting better gear is why we do flashpoints, OP and WZ.

The only problem I have with duel spec is loot whores.

I play tank and it’s what I enjoy. It’s annoying as heck when I’ve been farming heroic for a week for 1 drop and have some DPS roll need an item because my off spec is tank. Yet you always see them as DPS. If they do dual I hope they updated their loot system.

Tank get first crack at tanking gear, healer on healing gear and dps on dps gear.

Getting better gear is why we do flashpoints, OP and WZ.

I totally get where you're coming from, because I feel the same way. However, I feel that unfortunately you're going to get this type of behavior in the group finder, whether or not there is dual specs. People will see their armor type/main stat and knee-jerk the need button of a brand new piece of gear before they stop and think. Or they will honestly think that they need it (even though they really don't). The plus for us being a tank is the short wait for a group :)

I totally get where you're coming from, because I feel the same way. However, I feel that unfortunately you're going to get this type of behavior in the group finder, whether or not there is dual specs. People will see their armor type/main stat and knee-jerk the need button of a brand new piece of gear before they stop and think. Or they will honestly think that they need it (even though they really don't). The plus for us being a tank is the short wait for a group :)

While that is true, since we are getting a server only LFG I don't think the problem will be quite that bad. Most I'm sure are aware that rolling need on gear for a spec you're not currently in isn't smiled upon. I'm sure it'll still happen from time to time, but those people will just end up on ignore lists and running flashpoints much less often.

That is why I am against the LFG system. As long as they don't make it cross server i'll keep paying unless they address this issue. Loot whores and retarded dps that like to pull Welcome to my ignore list. I will leave group if my group doesn’t kick the guy that I have on my black list. I did it on the PTS. Nice being a tank and its nice being the only tank in queue.

Play nice and we can play together. Play like jerk and play with yourself.

LOL, I've seen countless people roll on stuff saying it is for their companions...

LOL, you must be trolling. PVP has different specs than PVE. Look at your trees and notice the differences. As a Sorc healer there are about 4-5 points I would swtch around for PVP that would be totally worthless in PVE. Just because you don't like to PVP and PVE doesn't mean the majority of us don't.

I'm playing an Imperial Operative. I love healing in warzones and flashpoints, but heal spec is way too slow when I want to do my class quest. I have to manually reset my points every single time I want to switch my leveling experience. How does that make sense?

I'm playing an Imperial Operative. I love healing in warzones and flashpoints, but heal spec is way too slow when I want to do my class quest. I have to manually reset my points every single time I want to switch my leveling experience. How does that make sense?

I'm playing with Jedi Guardian and i can say: my PvP spec it's totally different than PvE.

How i can play warzone or do some flashpoint if i have only one spec????

Don't say "we're going to copy WoW with Dual Spec" because if u think well, Spec System is WoW.

DUAL SPEC IS NEEDED FOR ALL!