Nice one Bioware

AFKGCWBOT

No guild mail option, and theres a limit to how many mails you can send at a certain time. How are we supposed to communicate with the guild members about transfers? You really are good developers.

I guess WOW didn't have a guild mail option?

Edited by AFKGCWBOT

No guild mail option, and theres a limit to how many mails you can send at a certain time. How are we supposed to communicate with the guild members about transfers? You really are good developers.

Your guild doesn't have a VOIP?

don't blame Bioware because you have a terrible guild setup.

1. Your guild should of been talking about this for the last month or two.

2. WoW does not have guild mail but has a calendar and guess what it does have a guild announcement area which so does SwTor and it pops up on the screen when you log in...try harder

3. Guild websites---yep you can make those

4. I guess I have bonded with the ppl in my guild I can email, txt, facebook, or even call key members but of course I did not meet all my guildies through this game but others as well.

Your guild doesn't have a VOIP?

don't blame Bioware because you have a terrible guild setup.

Yeah, we use TS3 but not everyone logs in. BW should've had this guild mail option.

Edited by AFKGCWBOT

Yes we use what most guilds have, websites, VOIP, MOTD, etc. We're casuals so not everybody is online at once at certain times to discuss such issues. I've been discussing it with members and trying to get as much info out as possible to the guild, but not everyone will know whats going on without a guild mail option. Edited by Noviru
removing derail

did you try the guild 'Message of the Day' feature? You set the desired message and it pops up automatically when someone in the guild logs in. You can also see the message in the guild panel.

The OP is right. Bioware completely **edit**ed guilds with this moronic transfer they settled on. They didn't offer ONE helpful thing to guilds...the ONLY thing keeping some players playing. Not **edit**ing ONE!

Now, in order to get my guild vault back, I'm asked to disband my guild (on our old server), eliminating the whole MotD idea. It's utter bull **edit**! Our names are different, some guild names have changed...the idea that they care this little about the people who have kept playing is pathetic.

Actually, no. There is a MOTD (message of the day) that pops up every time you log onto a character in the guild. That is how I found out my guild was THINKING of moving and then how I found out we were infact moving.

Would a guild mail feature be nice? Yes, of course. But it was not something that was a requirement for the transfers.

Guild message of the day. It pops up when they log on.

The OP is right. Bioware completely **edit**ed guilds with this moronic transfer they settled on. They didn't offer ONE helpful thing to guilds...the ONLY thing keeping some players playing. Not **edit**ing ONE!

Now, in order to get my guild vault back, I'm asked to disband my guild (on our old server), eliminating the whole MotD idea. It's utter bull **edit**! Our names are different, some guild names have changed...the idea that they care this little about the people who have kept playing is pathetic.

Yeah I agree. If it wasn't for my guild I'd have stopped playing this garbage a long time ago.

Goes away when you disband the guild - as Bioware is insisting we do to reinstate our guild bank.

well then email the people in your guild who dont transfer. or most obviously they will figure out your guild transfered when they see your guild is gone and the server is empty. It's not like you have 50 servers to transfer to.

If you're the guild leader, then you could have changed the MOTD a while ago to arrange a meeting in Vent or TS3.

You could have also sent an in game mail to everyone in the guild.. sure it takes time,but copy/paste is pretty fast.

There is only ONE option to transfer to, so it's not that difficult to figure out where the guild went.

Edited by Noviru

Hey everyone,

Heads up that we recently removed or edited several posts for being rude or off-topic. If you were quoting or otherwise responding to rude content, your post may have been edited or removed as well.

Please remember that regardless of the topic, it's part of our Rules of Conduct to make constructive, on-topic posts that do not attack other members or the community in general.

Thank you!

Goes away when you disband the guild - as Bioware is insisting we do to reinstate our guild bank.

Whatever happen to guilds having their own website or facebook group? If yall were smart, you'd have a private group on Facebook or a website were you posted on the forums...

Yea it'd be nice to have a guild e-mail, but to cry about it and/or get mad at BW because you as a guild didnt want to take matters in your own hands and also have additional setups in place to communicate with your guild is not BW's fault

I'm not the guild leader. Not everyone in the guild is a forum nerd, most people usually click through the MOTD - it needs to be posted in chat as well when you log in.

To add, if yall did have a facebook group or website and your members were not responsible or serious enough to go check that stuff out, then they probably not dedicated members anyways

I'm not the guild leader. Not everyone in the guild is a forum nerd, most people usually click through the MOTD - it needs to be posted in chat as well when you log in.

So let me get this straight.

You're complaining because your guildmates don't pay enough attention, and because your guildmaster didn't bother to communicate with you .. when all of this information was known months ago?

Why is it Bioware's fault that you're in a fail guild?

To add, if yall did have a facebook group or website and your members were not responsible or serious enough to go check that stuff out, then they probably not dedicated members anyways

They are dedicated, we're just a casual group of players and we came over from SWG after 5 years in SWG. Not everyone tends to remember the guild forums link. Sometimes bookmarks can get erased.

Whatever happen to guilds having their own website or facebook group? If yall were smart, you'd have a private group on Facebook or a website were you posted on the forums...

Yea it'd be nice to have a guild e-mail, but to cry about it and/or get mad at BW because you as a guild didnt want to take matters in your own hands and also have additional setups in place to communicate with your guild is not BW's fault

The OP is talking about options in game to communicate in game. It's not far off to say that BW's guild options/perks/communication systems are pretty lackluster. Heck, a few months ago you couldn't invite guild members to a party from the guild list. My guild has everything outside the game, but in game stuff is pretty bad. There needs to be stuff for cross faction communication as well. We have two guilds: One on the Imp side and one on the Pub side. It would be great to connect those two communication wise. Sometimes options and feature-rich convenience options for your player base trump lore when it comes to faction based games.

They are dedicated, we're just a casual group of players and we came over from SWG after 5 years in SWG. Not everyone tends to remember the guild forums link. Sometimes bookmarks can get erased.

I'm not trying to attack you here...But if yall guild was together for 5 years previously, you'd think you would already be using a seperate website to communicate...I understand...But yet again, its not BW's fault that you dont communicate in other ways and/or have a lack of organization!

I'm not trying to attack you here...But if yall guild was together for 5 years previously, you'd think you would already be using a seperate website to communicate...I understand...But yet again, its not BW's fault that you dont communicate in other ways and/or have a lack of organization!

we do use a seperate site to communicate

The OP is talking about options in game to communicate in game. It's not far off to say that BW's guild options/perks/communication systems are pretty lackluster. Heck, a few months ago you couldn't invite guild members to a party from the guild list. My guild has everything outside the game, but in game stuff is pretty bad. There needs to be stuff for cross faction communication as well. We have two guilds: One on the Imp side and one on the Pub side. It would be great to connect those two communication wise. Sometimes options and feature-rich convenience options for your player base trump lore when it comes to faction based games.

I understand that..But almost every MMO I played (I guess up until recently) never had guild mail and they managed just fine...I do agree that some simple features were missing up untl now in TOR or still are, but it doesnt change that yall should have prepared better since we have known about the transfer coming up for quite some time

Yes, but if you are a GOOD Guild Leader, you aren't going to move that character until everyone gets the message or chooses not to move. That is what our quild did and we had no problems.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.