Pure lethality PVE Spec help!

Covax

Hi all I’m looking for a change to my old MM spec and so I want to go Lethality. I’m not to bothered about PVP and so I would like a pure PVE spec can anyone help me? Also what’s the correct rotation also?

Sharpe

For rotation against OPs bosses,

shatter -> corrosive nade -> corrosive dart -> weakening blast -> (TA) -> Cull -> filler -> Cull -> corrosive nade -> corrosive dart -> weakening blast -> Cull

The filler is Orbital, SoS, explosive probe, ambush, shatter shot, and rifle shots.

Rough priority is:

1. Corrosive grenade (CG, keep the strong version up if you have energy)

2. Corrosive Dart (CD, keep the strong version up if you have energy)

3. Oribtal (great DPS and DPE for anything that doesn't move much)

4. Weakening Blast (used every other Cull rotation, right before Cull)

5. Cull (used on cooldown, but you must keep CG and CD up)

6. SoS

7. Explosive Probe

8. Ambush

Rifle shot if you're low on energy. And you should keep shatter shot up for your entire raid's benefit. I was lazy and didn't assign it a priority, but it should be in there somewhere. Takedown should also be used whenever it's available.

Stuff you never use: snipe, overload shot. Terrible DPE and low damage and unlike MM, lethality doesn't have any interesting procs of snipe to make up for the low DPE.

Try to maintain the strong stacks of the poisons. You'll get into a rhythm of refreshing them after every other Cull. The lingering toxins versions can be used if you're low on energy and still want to Cull, but it's a DPS loss if the low strength versions are up. It allows you to not spend the 40 energy to apply CG/CD but still allows for the Cull bonus procs. Additionally, you can apply the poisons during many of the bosses "immune" phases and immediately Cull when they're vulnerable (e.g., Fabricator, Kephess' robot, SoA)

Cull and the poison skills should account for about 60% of your total damage output.

I don't have access to any of the builders at the moment, but basically you take anything that refunds energy, improves poison damage or duration, or benefits cull. The talent that adds a slow to CG is primarily a PVP skill and you should skip it for PVE. The shiv skill in teir 1 is garbage. You almost never shiv. The bonus speed after an debilitate is also skippable.

Edited by Infalliable

May I suggest putting Shatter shot after the poisons? its 3 seconds wasted while you dont hit with any weapon damage.

If it were just you, I'd completely agree with you. I tend to think about rotations in raid settings when there are likely 3 other DPS on the boss, so I prefer to get all the group benefitting debuffs up first.

This is part of the reason I didn't really specify a definitive position for shatter on the priority list. It's a little more fluid based on what else is going on. There are situations where it's a DPS loss to even use shatter shot (e.g., against lower health foes).

Edited by Infalliable

I've run MM, MM/Eng, pure Eng, and now I'm trying out Lethality. I seem to be doing alright, but overall I'm still struggling with energy management. I see people with similar gear to me claiming they can do 1600-1800 dps on a training dummy, but I can only manage to keep about 1350 sustained...so I don't know if they're full of crap or I'm just doing something really wrong. I'm dedicated to learning how to play each spec to its full potential.

One of the things that annoys me is that they icons for lingering toxins are not any different. :mad:

For rotation against OPs bosses,

shatter -> corrosive nade -> corrosive dart -> weakening blast -> (TA) -> Cull -> filler -> Cull -> corrosive nade -> corrosive dart -> weakening blast -> Cull

OK, I was finding that weakening blast was coming off cooldown right before the second Cull so I was waiting an extra couple of seconds. I'll change that.

Another thing I was wondering about was stat weights. I've read stuff on MMO-mechanics that suggested I should push crit rating to around 38%, but there was some disagreement about it. Also, how big is being completely capped for accuracy since most of your attacks are tech? I made sure I had the 10% bonus for MM, but I dropped down by 3% from losing the talents and I don't know if I should worry about pushing it back up or not.

I've run MM, MM/Eng, pure Eng, and now I'm trying out Lethality. I seem to be doing alright, but overall I'm still struggling with energy management. I see people with similar gear to me claiming they can do 1600-1800 dps on a training dummy, but I can only manage to keep about 1350 sustained...so I don't know if they're full of crap or I'm just doing something really wrong. I'm dedicated to learning how to play each spec to its full potential.

The parse numbers can vary substantially depending on some simple things like relic/adrenal uses, class buffs, time, and specific stat distribution. Actual gameplay and dummy parses also typically vary by hundreds of DPS.

One of the things that annoys me is that they icons for lingering toxins are not any different. :mad:

The icon similarities across all classes are an annoyance. Pretty much all armor debuffs have the same graphic as well. Play with another sniper and it's even worse, especially in 16-man content. Who's debuffs are the active ones? Who put that corrosive dart up? Is that my corrosive grenade and is it the strong version?

You will sort of get a feel for it by the timing of the rotation, but it's still a deficiency of the UI.

Another thing I was wondering about was stat weights. I've read stuff on MMO-mechanics that suggested I should push crit rating to around 38%, but there was some disagreement about it. Also, how big is being completely capped for accuracy since most of your attacks are tech? I made sure I had the 10% bonus for MM, but I dropped down by 3% from losing the talents and I don't know if I should worry about pushing it back up or not.

I personally think that having a little higher crit rating on a lethality spec is helpful. You get energy back from crits, so it gives you more flexibility and more room for error.

You do still have a fair number of non-tech attacks that you use all the time, so I would not drop accuracy too much. That said, it is a smaller portion of your DPS than on a MM. Easy way to tell is to run a parse and see how often you miss. If you're happy with your miss rate, I wouldn't worry about it. That won't tell you if you're at the absolute optimal point or not, but it'll give you a feel.

Edited by Infalliable

The icon similarities across all classes are an annoyance. Pretty much all armor debuffs have the same graphic as well. Play with another sniper and it's even worse, especially in 16-man content. Who's debuffs are the active ones? Who put that corrosive dart up? Is that my corrosive grenade and is it the strong version?

You will sort of get a feel for it by the timing of the rotation, but it's still a deficiency of the UI.

I made a thread about this in the suggestion box, feel free to bump it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=480630

Because this is a serious quality life issue to me, especially with healing. If they don't start allowing addons, this should be addressed no longer than 1.4 IMO.

You do still have a fair number of non-tech attacks that you use all the time, so I would not drop accuracy too much. That said, it is a smaller portion of your DPS than on a MM. Easy way to tell is to run a parse and see how often you miss. If you're happy with your miss rate, I wouldn't worry about it. That won't tell you if you're at the absolute optimal point or not, but it'll give you a feel.

I used to use TORPARSE, but that site has gone offline, unfortunately. I know askmrrobot has one too, but it doesn't seem as complete/easy to read.

I used to use TORPARSE, but that site has gone offline, unfortunately. I know askmrrobot has one too, but it doesn't seem as complete/easy to read.

Check out ACT combat parser, it's very easy to read and breaks down everything.

the only flaw is the the OSD, it's lacking an upgrade.