Respeccing Constantly/Dual Spec

qhostface

Please BioWare, implement Dual Spec. I have to pay 54,000 credits to respec, which is ridiculous. Not everyone has time to do dailies every single day. I don't. We all know, time = money. I feel as though I'm being punished for wanting to change things up a bit in a game that I already pay real life money for every month. We should be able to spec whatever we want and not have to worry about if we have to go farm credits or not because the cost to respec is outrageous.

There are so many reasons to put dual spec in the game. A lot of people both PVP and PVE, and these require different specs if you want to get optimal performance out of your character. People who just PVP or PVE get tired of healing and tanking all the time, and may want to switch to deeps for a welcomed change of pace for a bit.

If you're not planning on putting dual spec in the game, then at least make it free to respec.

I know most of you will reply with lolnub 50k is nothing. You're right, its not a ton of credits... But then what if I want to switch again? How much then? 100k credits? Its stupid, and the reset is useless. I shouldn't have to wait a week or pay 250k credits to play the spec I feel like using at the time.

Play one spec or suffer!

Edited by qhostface

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will feel like I am not being rewarded enough from doing the dailies that I do on a regular basis, if they just remove these credit sinks in the game. I do the dailies, and enjoy doing it, knowing I will have credits to be able to swap specs as well as other in game sinks. Otherwise, I would want something else if credits become useless.

An idea, albeit not a very good one: Make another character of the same class and advanced class, and choose another spec.

Edited by monkgryphon

I will feel like I am not being rewarded enough from doing the dailies that I do on a regular basis, if they just remove these credit sinks in the game. I do the dailies, and enjoy doing it, knowing I will have credits to be able to swap specs as well as other in game sinks. Otherwise, I would want something else if credits become useless.

An idea, albeit not a very good one: Make another character of the same class and advanced class, and choose another spec.

Remove the credit sinks, and you could, oh I don't know.. spend time doing your homework, spending time with family, making dinner, taking out the trash, taking a bike ride and contributing to society.. ALONG with enjoying the two specs.

Remove the credit sinks, and you could, oh I don't know.. spend time doing your homework, spending time with family, making dinner, taking out the trash, taking a bike ride and contributing to society.. ALONG with enjoying the two specs.

Don't patronize me. I won't tell you how to live your life, don't tell me how to live mine. However, as the game currently stands, this is the way of it and it seems to be acceptable system.

Edited by monkgryphon

This is dumb. Anyone not taking the time needed to spend in real life and with family has made a conscious choice to spend that time in a game over all of that. If the game is keeping you from all of that, the problem is in you, not the game.

At least other folks have game reasons for wanting dual specs and no credit sinks.

Oh and another thing... Why does it cost so damn much to take Mods/Enhancements off your armor/weapons? Another "credit sink" you were referring to.

This, absolutely. I have 578k on my main atm because I'm not a Biochem and like fiddling around/experimenting with mods. But taking out a Rakata level mod costs 37k... if I want to wield, say, a custom, augmented lightsaber with the Rakata mods, that would cost me about 150k in one go.

I don't really want dual spec, however, even though I respec relatively often and have full tank and DPS gear as well.

Edited by Siorac

We need Multi-Specc not because of the credits it costs to respecc, but because it enhances game play.

The way I see it is, each class has 3 trees, therefore we should be able to save 3 speccs.

When you introduce multiple speccs I find that people learn how to play their class - and not just one specc. You get people to really enjoy playing the game and their characters. People are far more willing to switch to a Healer specc if the group needs it, or switch to DPS, etc.

After a DPS switched to a Healer for a group, or Tank to DPS, or whatever. You allow people to experience more of a game, and people have more of appreciation for players who perform roles other than their own. When a DPS knows what the Tank has to go through in the beginning of pulls - he has a better understanding of how to DPS and not pull aggro.

When a Tank knows how frustrating it is to be focus fired every time in a Warzone as a Healer, he has more appreciation of that player who continues to heal him. And maybe the tank starts becoming a little better of his taunts uses to reduce incoming damage.

Multi-specc enhances game play and increases player skill.

Never-mind the credits. If the only reason you want multi-specc is to save credits, then quite frankly you're not seeing the big picture.

Edited by pureeffinmetal

I agree with some points.

However, in a server that doesn't have population issues, dual spec isn't really needed. You should be able to find the spec you're looking for to fill your group/operation.

Its not about flexibility for groups. Its about people learning how t play and understand every aspect of their class and having a better understand of others' classes and roles.

Flexibility for groups its a just a bonus.

Never-mind the credits. If the only reason you want multi-specc is to save credits, then quite frankly you're not seeing the big picture.

You must not have read my entire post, because your post is pretty much what I said in not so many words, and without as many examples. Also included the fact that its way too expensive.

Love your name man.

Edited by qhostface

We need Multi-Specc not because of the credits it costs to respecc, but because it enhances game play.

The way I see it is, each class has 3 trees, therefore we should be able to save 3 speccs.

When you introduce multiple speccs I find that people learn how to play their class - and not just one specc. You get people to really enjoy playing the game and their characters. People are far more willing to switch to a Healer specc if the group needs it, or switch to DPS, etc.

After a DPS switched to a Healer for a group, or Tank to DPS, or whatever. You allow people to experience more of a game, and people have more of appreciation for players who perform roles other than their own. When a DPS knows what the Tank has to go through in the beginning of pulls - he has a better understanding of how to DPS and not pull aggro.

When a Tank knows how frustrating it is to be focus fired every time in a Warzone as a Healer, he has more appreciation of that player who continues to heal him. And maybe the tank starts becoming a little better of his taunts uses to reduce incoming damage.

I approve of this message..

I remember back in the day when people used to play games the way they were intended without whining and needing everything given to them.

So now that you've gotten everyone together

06.13.2012 , 06:16 PM | #1

Bioware, so now that you've got everyone together on the fleet what are you going to do about getting them off the fleet? The level 50's need something to do besides stand on the fleet and queue up for WZ's and now pretty soon your automated group finder will give no incentive to exit. The lower level players probably won't be on the fleet as much except for the chain FP runners. So, what are you going to do about this?

Contradict yourself much?

Edited by qhostface

The game does not need multi spec at all. Most people who want multi spec are clamoring for it due to the cost of respeccing. The cost of respeccing is fine. If a player wants to be able to change spec, then he simply needs to spend a little time to earn the credits to do so.

Multi spec does not enhance game play, it simply lowers the cost for those who already play multiple specs. Those who are not paying to respec now, will not be likely to respec, or switch specs that often if multi spec is introduced.

Its not about flexibility for groups. Its about people learning how t play and understand every aspect of their class and having a better understand of others' classes and roles.

Flexibility for groups its a just a bonus.

The people who wish to learn and understand every aspect of their class are changing specs now and paying to do so. Those who are not changing aren't likley to do so even if multi spec is introduced.

I like to pve as a healer and pvp as dps. I'm kind of limited without dual spec.

I've ended up just dpsing in pve, because I find healing so boring in WZs.

Even then, the optimal spec is lightning for pve, so im hurting my group without dual spec.

There's no way for me to pvp and pve efficiently without spending an insane amount of credits.

I like to pve as a healer and pvp as dps. I'm kind of limited without dual spec.

I've ended up just dpsing in pve, because I find healing so boring in WZs.

Even then, the optimal spec is lightning for pve, so im hurting my group without dual spec.

There's no way for me to pvp and pve efficiently without spending an insane amount of credits.

And what is wrong with that? If you wish to min/max and be optimal in PVE and PVP, then you need to earn the credits to do so. If you do not want to take the time to earn those credits, then why should you be able to respec at whim?

Contradict yourself much?

What's that got to do with anything? My question in that thread was directed towards Bioware and if they have any plans on getting people off the fleet. I have zero issues with not having to be on the fleet. So nothing contradicted.

What's that got to do with anything? My question in that thread was directed towards Bioware and if they have any plans on getting people off the fleet. I have zero issues with not having to be on the fleet. So nothing contradicted.

Your statement in this thread implies that you've never whined, complained about the state of the game, or asked for anything to be changed. Clearly in your thread you exhibit all three of these things; therefore the post you made in my thread is of contrary nature.

Your statement in this thread implies that you've never whined, complained about the state of the game, or asked for anything to be changed. Clearly in your thread you exhibit all three of these things; therefore the post you made in my thread is of contrary nature.

Steering the topic clear of your bad idea is a good idea, I guess. The fact still stands. If you want to respec, it will cost you. I have accepted that fact, others have accepted that fact. Others may not like it, but it still remains there. Either create a duplicate character as an alternate spec, or pay the fee. If you cannot afford the fee, then farm some credits. If you do not 'want' to farm credits, then accept that you wont switch specs but once or twice a week.

I believe the contradiction is, The game was designed to have people gather in the fleet. You, however disagree with how the game was "meant to be played" and made a post asking for a change.

Edit:

Steering the topic clear of your bad idea is a good idea, I guess. The fact still stands. If you want to respec, it will cost you. I have accepted that fact, others have accepted that fact. Others may not like it, but it still remains there. Either create a duplicate character as an alternate spec, or pay the fee. If you cannot afford the fee, then farm some credits. If you do not 'want' to farm credits, then accept that you wont switch specs but once or twice a week.

I disagree completely a playerbase should "sit back and take it." That's the best way to kill off an MMO. If a costumer dislikes a design choice, or has a suggestion they feel would improve their experience as a player, It's better for everyone that they express their opinions.

Edited by Thuggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.