The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Need Help - 2-day old PT needs AP or Pyro Build

Lord_Zagato

My BH named SirCopperfield just turned 11 and advanced to Powertech.

I am having a blast with the playstyle of BH but almost completely clueless about its builds.

So here am I, calling out the vets, please share your pwning builds!

I am looking specifically at the AP tree since playing at almost melee range would be so cool. Though good Pyro or hybrids will also do.

Here's what I'm looking for in a build:

1. PVP-centered

2. Patch 1.3 viable

3. Pros and Cons of the build

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Pyro is generally acknowledged to be the pvp build. There's a stickied guide that should have an end game build, or you can look at the post above me. FYI, as powertech, it's all melee range, though pyro has a slight edge on being able to also go ranged. The con would be that it's heat intensive, but it just gets better with age (talent points). AP has a speed boost that can be useful in pvp, but lacks the overall damage potential (that line stolen from another post) of pyro and I sigh when my guildies use AP :) I could be wrong, but I don't think 1.3 is impacting PT much. TBH I haven't looked too closely at the PTS notes, so I could be mistaken. There's not much qq on this board about it (at first glance anyways), so I'm assuming that's the case.

Pyro is generally acknowledged to be the pvp build. There's a stickied guide that should have an end game build, or you can look at the post above me. FYI, as powertech, it's all melee range, though pyro has a slight edge on being able to also go ranged. The con would be that it's heat intensive, but it just gets better with age (talent points). AP has a speed boost that can be useful in pvp, but lacks the overall damage potential (that line stolen from another post) of pyro and I sigh when my guildies use AP :) I could be wrong, but I don't think 1.3 is impacting PT much. TBH I haven't looked too closely at the PTS notes, so I could be mistaken. There's not much qq on this board about it (at first glance anyways), so I'm assuming that's the case.

If you sigh when your guildees use AP, than you have a failure to understand the basic concept of warzone teamplay. AP is fantastic for team play, and solo runs. Pyro succeeds in single target mashups, but to pull that train off your healer or protect a node or simple blow throw a group of people while not being completely cc'd out of a fight AP pulls far ahead. Plus it's much simpler to manage heat.

If you sigh when your guildees use AP, than you have a failure to understand the basic concept of warzone teamplay. AP is fantastic for team play, and solo runs. Pyro succeeds in single target mashups, but to pull that train off your healer or protect a node or simple blow throw a group of people while not being completely cc'd out of a fight AP pulls far ahead. Plus it's much simpler to manage heat.

Very easy to manage heat. AP has it's pros and cons just like Pyro. If you want max DPS/Burst, pyro, more survival/less cc'ing on you/more AOE damage Ap may be for you.

What I recommend try out both, and play what suits your play style.

Very easy to manage heat. AP has it's pros and cons just like Pyro. If you want max DPS/Burst, pyro, more survival/less cc'ing on you/more AOE damage Ap may be for you.

What I recommend try out both, and play what suits your play style.

That's the nice way of putting it dardack :p. Btw, how have you been mate? I have rerolled since my server transfer, and now play a Dirty Fighting Scoundrel.

That's the nice way of putting it dardack :p. Btw, how have you been mate? I have rerolled since my server transfer, and now play a Dirty Fighting Scoundrel.

BH PT for life. Love the xfer, so many bads on my server. The people I thought were bad on my old server, whether because they were forced to learn how to pvp or what, but now I consider them decent compared to the bads on my new server. In 2 days( yep full 2 days just like 1 hr ago), i've had 3 losses total, with like 15-20 matches per day. 1 loos 10-0 Civil war cause everyone left east, and by the time we got it back we needed 3. 2nd one i solo q'd and ran up against a very good premade from my old server. 3rd just I can't carry 6 people in 12k gear.

BH PT for life. Love the xfer, so many bads on my server. The people I thought were bad on my old server, whether because they were forced to learn how to pvp or what, but now I consider them decent compared to the bads on my new server. In 2 days( yep full 2 days just like 1 hr ago), i've had 3 losses total, with like 15-20 matches per day. 1 loos 10-0 Civil war cause everyone left east, and by the time we got it back we needed 3. 2nd one i solo q'd and ran up against a very good premade from my old server. 3rd just I can't carry 6 people in 12k gear.

There is a running quote from some guys from my old server that goes like this:

I used to complain about my team filling resolve bars carelessly in endzones.

I used to complain about people not running ahead for passes or serve the other team as a lift boy.

I have been humbled

Now I just polietly ask... please don't pass to the other team (all those guys around you were teammates, the guy faaar away was the only bad guy left)... I would also request to keep force pushing ball carriers into end zones to a minimum. The fire already made a good argument but I also want to recommend not crossing active fire when slowed.

Lastly, not having the huttball throwing ability on your quickbar will cause unnecessary stress when you end up with the ball.

I prefer this version of it:

I used to get mad at full resolve bar fillers and the Knockback over the fire, and the guy who grappled my kill away from me. I used to get mad at the 1 guy playing solo killer on the side while we were being capped. I used to get upset when I saw a healer spamming heals instead of using a cc to pull the guys off me. I used to get upset at stat padders in Voidstar. I used to wonder out loud why people didn't use their knockbacks on the bridges. I used to call out those who didn't stop the ranged caps in Novarre. I wondered aloud why we didn't just bait and switch. I used to get royally upset at the team that ran infront of mid to attack snow or grass. I used to get frustrated at the guy who didn't call out incoming until after the cap.

Then I came to JungMa. I miss those times, because I had it good back then. Now I got people standing on ledges, running with the ball through an active fire, no pass button on their bar, and whole teams doing less than 60k a person. I got healers who only do long channeled heals, cappers who don't defend their turrent. I get massive amounts of people fighting nowhere near a turrent, force pushes into goals, aoe's into cc'd players, I get ball carriers running in circles, I get people running from the guy I just marked to kill. I see 3 guys behind me while I am capping a door, and not one goes to stop the oncoming onslaught. I vanish and everyone runs away from me.

I had no idea I had it good until I transfered servers, but man the 30 sec queue's now is amazing!

My repub team did 20 matches, I think, last night, and almost lost only one of them. My main team is Sage heals, 2 sentinels, and my hybrid dirty fighter. We have a few VG's, but none of them are great yet.

Edited by TheOpf

There is a running quote from some guys from my old server that goes like this:

I used to complain about my team filling resolve bars carelessly in endzones.

I used to complain about people not running ahead for passes or serve the other team as a lift boy.

I have been humbled

Now I just polietly ask... please don't pass to the other team (all those guys around you were teammates, the guy faaar away was the only bad guy left)... I would also request to keep force pushing ball carriers into end zones to a minimum. The fire already made a good argument but I also want to recommend not crossing active fire when slowed.

Lastly, not having the huttball throwing ability on your quickbar will cause unnecessary stress when you end up with the ball.

I prefer this version of it:

I used to get mad at full resolve bar fillers and the Knockback over the fire, and the guy who grappled my kill away from me. I used to get mad at the 1 guy playing solo killer on the side while we were being capped. I used to get upset when I saw a healer spamming heals instead of using a cc to pull the guys off me. I used to get upset at stat padders in Voidstar. I used to wonder out loud why people didn't use their knockbacks on the bridges. I used to call out those who didn't stop the ranged caps in Novarre. I wondered aloud why we didn't just bait and switch. I used to get royally upset at the team that ran infront of mid to attack snow or grass. I used to get frustrated at the guy who didn't call out incoming until after the cap.

Then I came to JungMa. I miss those times, because I had it good back then. Now I got people standing on ledges, running with the ball through an active fire, no pass button on their bar, and whole teams doing less than 60k a person. I got healers who only do long channeled heals, cappers who don't defend their turrent. I get massive amounts of people fighting nowhere near a turrent, force pushes into goals, aoe's into cc'd players, I get ball carriers running in circles, I get people running from the guy I just marked to kill. I see 3 guys behind me while I am capping a door, and not one goes to stop the oncoming onslaught. I vanish and everyone runs away from me.

I had no idea I had it good until I transfered servers, but man the 30 sec queue's now is amazing!

My repub team did 20 matches, I think, last night, and almost lost only one of them. My main team is Sage heals, 2 sentinels, and my hybrid dirty fighter. We have a few VG's, but none of them are great yet.

Taht's awesome and so True.