Resubbed Again!

Sindorin

They gave people a reason to be fighting in open world rvr. That's why it worked and something they should've known from the beginning.

i'd say it was the exact opposite. They didn't give people a reason to PVP.

let me explain

In Ilum you have a reason to pvp you have quests and objectives.

During the Rakgoul event they gave you a place to be and PVE quests. That's it. People then came in and fought each other. There was no quest or reason to kill them they just did it because they where there.

If you look at most MMOs when ever the developer tries to create open world pvp it fails. IT only works when people do it on their own.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to come back, but I'm having trouble getting 1.2 {My ISP is turning to the darkside:mad:} My 2nd semester ends this friday then I'm off for 3 weeks and I have 40 days left, so I'm going to try to get 1.2 this week.

I'm just sad that I couldn't transfer to the server that I wanted but no big loss; I'll just start over :D since I have a better idea of what I would prefer in terms of AC and species, I'm going to make my consular a pureblood sith :rod_eyes_g:

Edited by LukasEkisjoupa

Lol at anyone who describes the Ilum debacle as a bug.

They claimed the ability for 200 v 200 PvP,

The Ilum debacle is the players fault. I find it funny that players claim they want challenge yet look for every exploit to make their lives easier. It was players who made the oversight by BioWare into the debacle it was.

I've resubbed again this month, primarily because there isn't anything that compares to SWTOR in terms of fun, mechanics and gameplay. Love it or hate it, SWTOR is a well designed and great game!

I agree with you! Welcome Back!

• 1 month later...

Started playing game early June. My first MMO. For me this game is great fun and although I dont subscribe I just bought 2 60 day cards.

Surely the number of subs can't be the sole focus for EA, I assume a lot of people buy timecards too