What Gaming Keyboard are people using?

prutherford

Hello world. my G15 died last night so i am in the market for a new keyboard, I really liked my G15 but i really dont like the newer G series keyboard and so i have been looking at the Microsoft sidewinder x4. i am wonder what everyone is using these days in the under 80 bucks range with a back light keyboard and the media buttons macro key would be nice but not a must. thanks for your input.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just use a Logitech G13 gamepad. One bank is set specifically for space missions, which lets me juke around like crazy using the little joystick, and with the G22 key programmed as a left mouse press, it's a lot easier on my hand. Otherwise, in normal play I have a bunch of keys set to high-priority things like "select companion" and healing and whatnot.

The Corsair K90 has what you're looking for, but is just a bit over the $80 mark. ($111 on Amazon.) Backlit keys, media controls, and is mechanical with red switches. It's a dream to type on, looks great, and is built like a tank. It's totally worth the premium price. The only complaint I have with it is that a couple groups of keys aren't mechanical (the macro keys on the side, group with home/pgup/pgdn, and the function keys), but it's not a big deal as I don't even touch those keys 90% of the time.

Hello world. my G15 died last night so i am in the market for a new keyboard, I really liked my G15 but i really dont like the newer G series keyboard and so i have been looking at the Microsoft sidewinder x4. i am wonder what everyone is using these days in the under 80 bucks range with a back light keyboard and the media buttons macro key would be nice but not a must. thanks for your input.

I replaced my good old G15 with the G510.

It feels quite similar and I am still satisfied after three weeks with it.

G510, pretty happy with it.

^^^^ This g510 is basically a newer version of the g15 the big difference is you can choose the backlight color and yeah i have a g15 and a g510 ive had both for quite a few years and both going strong.