LotR army VS SW army

Slowpokeking

Sauron could use levels of magic far beyond the Emperor and he didn't need rituals either, in-fact the Emperor has only shown skill in mind domination and force lightning, he is useless with a lightsaber, dominating the will of Sauron is an impossible feat, he is far far to willful for even the Emperor, Sauron can also wipe out armies without actually touching them, he disintegrated Gil-galad with his glare, I am wondering if their is anyone who could take on the Balrog.

The only army I can think of really is the full host of the Elves, with all the most powerful ones including Glorfindel, Galadriel and others, using a ton of magic.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~

http://i44.tinypic.com/24v8gzs.jpg

nope.avi

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sauron could use levels of magic far beyond the Emperor and he didn't need rituals either, in-fact the Emperor has only shown skill in mind domination and force lightning, he is useless with a lightsaber, dominating the will of Sauron is an impossible feat, he is far far to willful for even the Emperor, Sauron can also wipe out armies without actually touching them, he disintegrated Gil-galad with his glare, I am wondering if their is anyone who could take on the Balrog.

The only army I can think of really is the full host of the Elves, with all the most powerful ones including Glorfindel, Galadriel and others, using a ton of magic.

The Emperor could only achieve his power through rituals. Sauron was born with his power. His power was vastly increased when he made the Ring.

No one in SW could fight Durin's bane, he would turn even the most powerful of Jedi to ash just be standing near them.

Gil-Galad was the Elf king at that time with immense power and skill in battle, Sauron didn't even bother to give him a second glance. One was enough. Even the most powerful of wizards and elves were destroyed by Sauron. The only time they gained victory was when Sauron did not have the ring.

I think the real question here is, would the good and evil sides of each universe join sides to fight the enemy? Would Sauron join King Aragorn to fight the likes of Sidious and Luke Skywalker? Or would they fight against themselves? Would Luke join forces with the Sith?

The answer is simple. The SW invaders are a threat to Sauron, and Sauron is very wise, so the wise thing to do is to join forces with your enemies on Middle-Earth and attempt to fight this new enemy. As for Luke and Sid. I don't think so.

The Emperor could only achieve his power through rituals. Sauron was born with his power. His power was vastly increased when he made the Ring.

No one in SW could fight Durin's bane, he would turn even the most powerful of Jedi to ash just be standing near them.

Gil-Galad was the Elf king at that time with immense power and skill in battle, Sauron didn't even bother to give him a second glance. One was enough. Even the most powerful of wizards and elves were destroyed by Sauron. The only time they gained victory was when Sauron did not have the ring.

I think the real question here is, would the good and evil sides of each universe join sides to fight the enemy? Would Sauron join King Aragorn to fight the likes of Sidious and Luke Skywalker? Or would they fight against themselves? Would Luke join forces with the Sith?

The answer is simple. The SW invaders are a threat to Sauron, and Sauron is very wise, so the wise thing to do is to join forces with your enemies on Middle-Earth and attempt to fight this new enemy. As for Luke and Sid. I don't think so.

Durin's bane? What could he do? Wipe out a planet's life? Because some Sith Lord could do it.

Sauron's forces couldn't even defeat the humans, and they mostly still use melee weapon, how are they gonna deal with SW's battleships and blasters?

I don't remember it, all she showed was destroy Dol Guldur after Sauron was gone.

So it's stupid to do this, and Sauron had to be really careful since most of his power was inside the One Ring. The elves used the rings' power after Sauron lost the One Ring.

He would return mostly because Morgoth would also return and possibly empower him. Before that he couldn't do a thing. Saruman was the same, unable to do a thing after his body was killed.

Essence transfer is different, just a new host and power came back.

His power wasn't in the Ring. He poured some of his power into it, but the Ring enhanced his power even more. When Sauron was defeated by Isildur, the only thing keeping him sustained in Middle-Earth was the Ring. The Ring was similar to Voldemort's Horcruxes(spelling?). So long as the ring was in existence, so too was Sauron. Essence transfer is just as vulnerable. Destroy the clones, no more transfer. If someone has the will to resist, no more transfer. Sauron was able to come back even without the ring, Sidious not so much. And even during the WOTR, Sauron could still command his forces without his body.

Yoda destroyed a whole army made of droids and shipsin CW, that's more convincing than just take down a fortress and it's after Sauron's fall.

Okay, if we are taking the Jedi from the clone wars series (you mean the first one, right), then it might be a different story. But these Jedi would also have stompt the clones who tried to kill them into the ground. I think the first clone wars series are more like propaganda films then what really happened.

If you want to take them as facts, of course you can. Then Yoda is the faster destroyer.

Sauron's trick is a joke, he failed to conquer even a land, forged rings to empower the elves and failed to control them, didn't even put a guard on his most important place. The Emperor rule half of the galaxy.

Let's see, if someone wins the elections for president in Russia, does it mean he is more skilled in winning elections then someone who wins the elections in the Netherlands?

Sauron's basically took over Numenor and tricked them into destroying themselfs. That requires at least as much manipulation skill as Palpatine. And the Numenorians know that Sauron was their enemy at the beginning, the republic didn't.

The Agent was able to handle Darth Jadus, the warrior could defeat a powerful Jedi master. The SI could handle his/her master, a Darth. I remember the BH also defeated a powerful Jedi. And Revan didn't die.

Okay, far better example (I forgot it when I wrote): Boba Fett was defeated by blind, weakened Han Solo.

The Witch King, on the other hand, neither of his opponent even fought much on the battlefield. One of them is short and weak, the other one only took some training but never fight before.

Okay, so if you get a female and an alien Jedi or SIth, they can destroy the Witchkin easily. He has a bad prophecy. No other Nazgul was killed. And as I said, when the Nazgul come, enemies normally flee in fear. Eowyn would have run away if it wasn't for Theoden.

Btw. did you read in the book that she and Merry nearly died afterwards because they touched him?

Sauron got his *** kicked by armies many times. He couldn't handle the army of Numenor at all, only corrupt them from inside.

His main skill was as a deceiver, but in battle he was all but invincible, he had only one weakness, one that only Isildur managed to luckily pull off.

But really, if we are going to go big guns, we should be going Morgoth vs Luke, Abeloth etc...

Morgoth shouldn't need to be explained, it's practically no contest for me.

His power wasn't in the Ring. He poured some of his power into it, but the Ring enhanced his power even more. When Sauron was defeated by Isildur, the only thing keeping him sustained in Middle-Earth was the Ring. The Ring was similar to Voldemort's Horcruxes(spelling?). So long as the ring was in existence, so too was Sauron. Essence transfer is just as vulnerable. Destroy the clones, no more transfer. If someone has the will to resist, no more transfer. Sauron was able to come back even without the ring, Sidious not so much. And even during the WOTR, Sauron could still command his forces without his body.

No, Sidious was gone because the power of the Jedi bound him with the Force, otherwise he could still find new hosts, not just clones. And very few people could resist his power.

Sauron could live but he wasn't able to use most of his power, only command his army to do it. And without Morgoth he could not return to power.

Sauron's forces couldn't even defeat the humans, and they mostly still use melee weapon, how are they gonna deal with SW's battleships and blasters?

Easy, Illuvitar comes along and blinks them out of existence.

If you want to go OP, we go godmode.

His main skill was as a deceiver, but in battle he was all but invincible, he had only one weakness, one that only Isildur managed to luckily pull off.

But really, if we are going to go big guns, we should be going Morgoth vs Luke, Abeloth etc...

Morgoth shouldn't need to be explained, it's practically no contest for me.

Yeah Sauron was not really a fighter.

Morgoth also became weaker later, was wounded by mortals. If we are talking about his most powerful state it's hard, but at that time he didn't have army. With superweapon it's still possible to overmatch him.

Anway, back to Galadriel, since I'm mostly focus on her and the time of the Third Age, I don't think she could match ther power of Jedi Master or Sith Lord.

Durin's bane? What could he do? Wipe out a planet's life? Because some Sith Lord could do it.

The Balrog's(note the plural) could wipe out armies single handedly. Even alone one Balrog could defeat entire armies. Their hide would mostly likely absorb the plasma fired from blasters and starships. Sauron would have one in the end if Frodo hadn't destroyed the ring. The forces of men were being defeated before the Ring was destroyed. And sometimes superior tech doesn't give you an advantage. The archers of Mirkwood could defeat many SW legions based on their superior skill in archery and stealth. I think the Elves alone could defeat the many of the GE's armies. Then we have the armies of Morgoth, who has the dragons and their fire could melt steel. he also has the Balrogs who could most likely resist even the most powerful laser blasts. I haven't even gotten started on the Maia(The same power as Gandalf or Sauron) and the Valar( way more powerful than Gandalf or Sauron, although Sauron with the Ring could almost beat a Valar)

I don't think so. Probably Sauron would surrender to the Empire (or republic) and be taken as hostage. We know how this would turn out...

As for the Balrog: Gandalf could beat him, so probably Yoda could too. (And godmode Luke of course.)

Easy, Illuvitar comes along and blinks them out of existence.

If you want to go OP, we go godmode.

Illuvatar is like the god of Middle-Earth. If Sauron had one the WOTR, Illuvater would just destroy him and create new elves/men/dwarves.

The Balrog's(note the plural) could wipe out armies single handedly. Even alone one Balrog could defeat entire armies. Their hide would mostly likely absorb the plasma fired from blasters and starships. Sauron would have one in the end if Frodo hadn't destroyed the ring. The forces of men were being defeated before the Ring was destroyed. And sometimes superior tech doesn't give you an advantage. The archers of Mirkwood could defeat many SW legions based on their superior skill in archery and stealth. I think the Elves alone could defeat the many of the GE's armies. Then we have the armies of Morgoth, who has the dragons and their fire could melt steel. he also has the Balrogs who could most likely resist even the most powerful laser blasts. I haven't even gotten started on the Maia(The same power as Gandalf or Sauron) and the Valar( way more powerful than Gandalf or Sauron, although Sauron with the Ring could almost beat a Valar)

So what? Even Mace Windu could do it, against powerful droids and heavy superweapon rather than some army mostly use sword and arrows. So did Yoda and he did it easily. Darth Nihilus could wipe out a planet's life.

Barlog could even be killed by sword, how come they could take on blasters and plasma?

I don't see how the dragons could take on SW's battle ships. Or how the elves could take on droids.

Also SW got super weapons Death Stars.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Anway, back to Galadriel, since I'm mostly focus on her and the time of the Third Age, I don't think she could match ther power of Jedi Master or Sith Lord.

Okay, lets focus on her. In a one on one she would probably lose to the more powerful Jedi Masters or Darths.

We don't know much, since many is kept secret in the books (they say the rings are used against Sauron in an non obvious way and do much more than you think.)

But Lothlorien is her land, so I think it is comparable to a very, very strong battle meditation, along with (speaking in game mechanics) lots and lots of debuffs for her enemies and buffs for her allies. I doubt they would reach her. But she would probably become very much weaker if she leaves it.

Edited by Maaruin

So what? Even Mace Windu could do it, against powerful droids and heavy superweapon rather than some army mostly use sword and arrows. So did Yoda and he did it easily. Darth Nihilus could wipe out a planet's life.

Barlog could even be killed by sword, how come they could take on blasters and plasma?

I don't see how the dragons could take on SW's battle ships. Or how the elves could take on droids.

The plasma fired by blasters would be absorbed by the Balrogs molten hot skin.

the dragons don't go after SW ships because this is army on army. Ships are navy. Like the Death Star. The DS is not apart of the SW army.

Okay, lets focus on her. In a one on one she would probably lose to the more powerful Jedi Masters or Darths.

We don't know much, since many is kept secret in the books (they say the rings are used against Sauron in an non obvious way and do much more than you think.)

But Lothlorien is her land, so I think it is comparable to a very, very strong battle meditation, along with (speaking in game mechanics) lots and lots of debuffs for her enemies and buffs for her allies. I doubt they would reach her. But she would probably become very much weaker if she leaves it.

Mostly because she's not good at melee fight compare to the Jedi/Sith, and Force Choke should work well on her spells.

They still got far more advanced troops, also available for battle meditation.

It seems you don't give one of the most powerful Elves of all time much credit do you? she had much much more power than you seem to believe, she was a participant in the War of Wrath and did much more than anything seen at Dol Guldur or similar battles.

As I said, Clone Wars doesn't count for me, since the Jedi are by far overpowered there. In normal star wars and orbital bombardment would kill Yoda, in clone wars he would probably deflect it with his lightsaber.

Nihilus is quite dangerous, though.

You are right on that. I think only three things in Middle earth (the continent) could withstand an orbital bombardment: Lothlorien, Barad-Dur and Tom Bombadil.

To take on the ships you need some clever ideas or some Valar (maybe powerful Maia could do too, but I'm not sure about that.) To counter the Death Star you need Illuvatar. He interfered once, he can do it again. Or maybe the Valar could do it, but that's not sure.

Mostly because she's not good at melee fight compare to the Jedi/Sith, and Force Choke should work well on her spells.

She isn't good at melee fights? like you could even reach her whilst she's magically destroying your entire force, think of Galadriel as more like a demi-god than just some powerful elf.

You don't give Galadriel the credit she deserves. She was the most powerful elf of her time. The only elf with comparable power was Elrond. She knew that Sauron would use the One Ring to control them so she told Celebrimbor to hide the rings away, to make sure no elf could fall for Sauron's tricks. She is one of the few individuals that could resist Sarumans speech. She is clearly wiser and more powerful than most Jedi or Sith.

She isn't good at melee fights? like you could even reach her whilst she's magically destroying your entire force, think of Galadriel as more like a demi-god than just some powerful elf.

True. She could use a power similar to a quasi Force Push to propel enemies away. That's to my knowledge. Not a whole lot is known of her powers, but we know that she is incredibly powerful.